My Tomenosuke blaster build

CreechMagoo

Right off the bat I want to credit Slothfurnace for inspiring me to modify my blaster, his build guide was very useful in helping me make decisions for my own blaster. When I first got my PKD I wanted to try to make it screen accurate but as I went along I started leaning towards making it my own, personalizing it to how id like it to look if I were a blade runner (this came about when I was blueing my steel barrel and accidentally made it too dark but decided I liked it better). Overall I changed the resin barrel for a steel barrel, roughed up the Styer bolt and added some gaffers tape on the internals to stiffen everything up so it wouldn't rattle, replaced the lighter amber grips for darker amber grips, and chemically darkened the base plate. I plan on replacing the resin cylinder with an original one once I get access to a lathe and/or mill, and replacing the the binding post for a darkened brass one (I like the way it looked on Slothfurnace's build). My main goal was to personalize it and make it feel as close to a real gun as possible by tightening tolerances and reducing rattle and wiggle where I could. I also ordered custom foam of a pelican case I had as i liked the portability of it. Iv included some pictures, feedback is much appreciated!

IMG_4879.jpeg
IMG_4881.jpeg
IMG_4883.jpeg
IMG_4884.jpeg
IMG_4886.jpeg

IMG_4887.jpeg

If anyone has any questions about parts I used and wants links I'm happy to provide.

That's awesome!! I'm at the stage of replacing the barrel and cylinder to steel ones right now, then getting a pelican case for it too. Where did you order the custom foam? It looks so good, I was just going to cut it myself but seeing yours cut to a T is changing my mind.

That's awesome!! I'm at the stage of replacing the barrel and cylinder to steel ones right now, then getting a pelican case for it too. Where did you order the custom foam? It looks so good, I was just going to cut it myself but seeing yours cut to a T is changing my mind.
I used pelicans foam cutting service, I had to use their ****** UI to plot it out but if you want to use it as well I can find the file for you

That matte finish on the barrel has to go it ruins the blaster . How they are still getting away with selling them for around what 1000 with this finish is unreal . Cool case congrats

That matte finish on the barrel has to go it ruins the blaster . How they are still getting away with selling them for around what 1000 with this finish is unreal . Cool case congrats
I know, ill do it once Im able to properly blue it without any screwups. I learned how to blue with this project and I plan to do an intensive with a DL-44 to get better at it, since the steyr is the best part I want to make sure its perfect

I like the matte finish. It looks just like a parkerized finish, which is one of my favorite gun finishes. Bluing can be tricky even when you know what you're doing!

I always prefer darker amber grips as well.

Good work.

Awesome, that would be much appreciated. Thank you

try this link, its for the case I have but you can also order foam only. Unsure how to move the design to a different case type as I said, their UI sucks. if for some reason this doesn't work I can try to find the file it created but again I have no idea how to transfer it to a different case.

try this link, its for the case I have but you can also order foam only. Unsure how to move the design to a different case type as I said, their UI sucks. if for some reason this doesn't work I can try to find the file it created but again I have no idea how to transfer it to a different case.
Thanks man!! I don't know how you pulled off sketching that shape with their program.

Thanks man!! I don't know how you pulled off sketching that shape with their program.
i used their "add photo" thing, and several hours of restarting the whole process because they wont let you change parameters as you go. it was the most tedious part of this whole build, more mental strain then deciding to cut the barrel off. and by the way, the bullet slot works fine, but if you can figure out a way to make it about 1/8 of an inch deeper it would be nicer (i just kinda forced the foam down), they like to move around because the top foam is that dimpled stuff which gives them room to roam. also i think the case i have is a little too deep so i recommend putting it in the laptop case, you can select it from the bottom of the page.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back