My TMNT Turtle Project

PepMaster

Sr Member
Hi everyone, after seeing a few topics on here so far for the Ninja Turtle costume, it's inspired me to start working on my own suit. This Monday or Tuesday I'll start with the pictures. But going to be extremely busy until then working on this and working on Cobra Commander Krake for a person on here.
I've already started on the legs and it's really simple to sculpt this piece of work. The hardest part to sculpt will be the shell. But my deadline for completing the suit will be within 60 days, and I'm also planning on wearing it to Dragon*Con later this year.
Now I know some of you are probably going to ask what Tutrle am I going to do. It took a lot of thinking, but I'm going to be doing Leonardo. When I was a kid my mother made me a TMNT costume, it was made up of green sweats, a chciken wire and paper mache shell, and padding for the chest part of the shell. Green facepaint with a blue strip of cloth around my eyes and head, and I had a pair of toy samurai swords for my weapons. It is probably the best costume I remember from when I was a kid.
Going to be having a lot of fun on this costume so stay tuned. Also have JY plans in the future for latex pieces, but that's TBD on how this goes.

Pepmaster, You are a crazy man! not meant to be offensive, I just can't believe the huge amount of projects you've got on your plate. I'll follow this one too.

Actually I'm finishing up a few pepakura files, and I won't be making anymore of them (the file links will remain active though). I have'nt built a pep file for myself in over 6 months. I've decided it's best to go back to sculpting, it's what I did before I ever started doing pepakura and I'm a lot better at it.

I've read the tutorial you posted for useing clay inside pep files and I am going to give it a try as I've sculpted years before I ever tryed pepping and I feel I am better at sculpting as well. Best of luck to you on all your new projects.

Well sculpting just does'nt take me as much time as pepakura does, I can sculpt a item in half the time it takes to build a pep file (depending on detail), and I can't work with fiberglass or bondo anymore because it's a serious danger to my health. I can still work with urathane resin and latex though.

Can't wait to see this one. :) I was such a huge Turtle fan as a little girl, and my son and his best friend are talking about wanting to do TMNT later on in the year too (after their Halo stuff) and I have no idea where to start it. But I know they'll love to see your Leo!

I'll let you know how I'm doing my suit. I'm using a mannequin that's the same size and build as me. I'll pack waterbased clay onto areas of the mannequin at a time, Shins and Feet, Thighs and Pelvis, which I'm thinking of making them like chaps to get them on easy, and to have some air circulation. Then continuing to work my way upwards. Each piece of the suit will have to have a two part ultracal mold made, and the parts of the suit will be made from latex out of the molds.

I was a Huge TMNT fan when i was little, definitely going to be following this post, cant wait to see what a fellow Arkansan can come up with.

I'll be doing a movie accurate Leo, should have some photos for you guys today. Nyne you can always come help me out on this and get a suit for yourself out of helping me out.

I'll be doing a movie accurate Leo, should have some photos for you guys today. Nyne you can always come help me out on this and get a suit for yourself out of helping me out.

Now I wish I lived in Arkansas:lol
You are fast man! I would have sculpted a toe nail by now. Just pure awesome sauce.

Tempted, but my work situation doesnt allow for travel, and we are fixing to be working a crap ton of overtime, and my fiancee would kill me if i brought home something and had no room for it. :cry

Looking forward to this, just starting my own Leo... Mine will be the budget novis version though lol... Good luck with the build.

Errr, benboy23, if you look under Pep's name you'll see he's been banned. Don't expect any updates brother. Though, I hope his "brother" posts pics of the legs he knocked out in two days that we've been anxiously awaiting to see. That is, if he "found" his camera...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back