My (tiny) Lightsaber collection

Lichtbringer

Master Member
When i went on my hiatus from here some years ago, mostly all of them (and parts) were stored in a corner of my basement, Since then i made one day the decision to display them in the livingroom.

A pic of the cabinet:

IMG_20150803_180421_zpsln19khdf.jpg

(The door on the right with the Enterprise logo goes to the cinema)

Closer shots without the glasdoor and it´s reflections:

IMG_20150803_180459_zpskhxjcl8p.jpg

IMG_20150803_180448_zps53b3p5gl.jpg

And from top to bottom:

IMG_20150803_180111_zpsoz153spp.jpg

IMG_20150803_180148_zpsmhufxvxr.jpg

IMG_20150803_180157_zps9ilrmwgc.jpg

IMG_20150803_180207_zpslp3ofhor.jpg

IMG_20150803_180248_zpso5pqufol.jpg

IMG_20150803_180257_zpsvszryopu.jpg

IMG_20150803_180321_zpsjnh8aox8.jpg

IMG_20150803_180326_zpsqqqsonnf.jpg

Not as big as many other collections, but not that bad for my personal taste. ;)

Nice you haven't thought about the Vader saber made up of the top half of the Graflex with Kobold bottom?

AH! I was JUST looking at that cabinet as an option.... Wondering how it would look with sabers. Thanks!:D

It IS ikea, is it not? (I'm looking back on the site and now can't find it...)

I'm not a lightsaber collector but these look great! Very cool :thumbsup Maybe I should start collecting sabers too ;)

Nice you haven't thought about the Vader saber made up of the top half of the Graflex with Kobold bottom?

To be honest .... no.

That´s not a "it will never happen", it´s just that i really never had any thoughts about it. I mean, i know it existed, somewhere i have seen a few pics, but up to now i´ve never gone into detailed research on that specific saber.

But at the moment ... with the new prices for real Graflex ........ not sure if i´m willing to spent that much for it. Slaughtering a real Graflex and adding a real Kobold would make that strange thing pricier than a real MPP. :facepalm

AH! I was JUST looking at that cabinet as an option.... Wondering how it would look with sabers. Thanks!:D

It IS ikea, is it not? (I'm looking back on the site and now can't find it...)

Aye, they are from IKEA. The name is "Bertby", but i believe they are discontinued since 1-2 years.

I have 2, right and left of the TV, but i would like to buy 4-5 additional. Thought about to mount them sideways, for some blasters (in this direction it´s not enough space to display a DL-44 or another that size in a nice looking way). But then IKEA stopped making them. :angry And on the second market i only find them in light colors (birch?)

I'm not a lightsaber collector but these look great! Very cool :thumbsup Maybe I should start collecting sabers too ;)

Thanks, i´m also more blaster than lightsaber addicted - but when you do something, it´s never wrong to try to give your best.

Might not be the best time to start collecting them now, with the actual prices. :eek

Love it Michael, now post your blasters :cool

Markus :)

Markus, unfortunately they are still stashed im my shop in my basement - still found no way to display them nicely. :(

Additional ...... having no time to build stuff, and having some requests for parts ...... in fact i disassembled some of them partially, to help others out with parts they needed, from my own blasters. So even less to display.

The Holiday Special saber is the only project i made in the last years.

Is that Obi a Romans?

Nice collection. Far from small according to my collection though haha. Beautiful work.

No, no Romans,

Emitter and grenade parts are from Russrep, real graflex-clamp, steel booster (had bought a anodized Russrep, but hated it. With the help of a kind fellow member i got this steel one), The bubblestrip is wrong, but i love it (it´s planned for a saber with my own design one day, but up to now i couldn´t let it go).

Inner part of the emitter, the transistors, the disc with holes on the booster and the complete mounting structure is machined by me.

- - - Updated - - -

Awe inspiring display, sir. Very clean, & very classy. I really like how non of them are MR sabers.

Thanks.

I agree. ;)

Thanks, i´m also more blaster than lightsaber addicted - but when you do something, it´s never wrong to try to give your best.

Might not be the best time to start collecting them now, with the actual prices. :eek

Blasters for me too. Except for 2 MR Force FX Vader sabers.

Indeed very nice display ... one thing though ... whatever happened to your MPP clamp ... it's not on the saber? TCSS sells them seperately if you're seeking but postage is quite steep as Luke the Belter mentioned earlier in another thread :wacko

Chaim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back