My the Amazing Spider-Man costume

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by wrroca, Feb 20, 2012.

1. wrroca

wrroca New Member

hello friends, here I present the project I have, I hope I give their opinions and advice, because I really need to learn to put the texture of the costume.

[​IMG]

Well all Tutos tips and more, will be received .. thanks

I hope to work together to make a good suit with all your EXPERIENCE.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. Scottryan15

Scottryan15 Well-Known Member

Looks good so far! can't want to see what you come up with

3. Dave316

Dave316 New Member

Me too, looking good!

4. SantinoCasas

SantinoCasas Active Member

This is a great start! Can't wait to see how this turns out.

5. TaylorMcManus

TaylorMcManus Well-Known Member

6. wrroca

wrroca New Member

Hi friends,
    Thank you very much for your messages, I will upload my progress, and to work in the texture of costume is my challenge. seeketh tutorials to implement in the pattern.

Many but thank you very much for taylor textures. will be of great help.

Well and as I said all councils and others to improve pattern received.

7. oracle1982

oracle1982 Active Member

hi there....
    loving what you got so far...
    im new to the rpf so when i get a hang of the area ill deffo be keeping an eye on your work and help if i can!
    first lot of help is for the boots...
    Amazon.com: ASICS Men's GEL-Dirt Dog 3 Track & Field Shoe: Shoes
    cheaper then other "links" out there!
    we all need to 'help' each othere right!
    regards
    Oracle1982 :thumbsup

8. honnziva

honnziva Active Member

Great start, looking forward to watching the progress on this one

9. wrroca

wrroca New Member

Hi friends

apologize for the delay in showing my progress, but I'm doing other things. :confused

And well, this is what I have of the texture off costume

I hope they give me their opinions and advice .. thanks :lol

10. superDrool

superDrool Sr Member

Looks good so far. When do you plan on making the inner webbing on the red?

11. Scottryan15

Looks awesome ! Keep it up!

12. Sonjou

Sonjou Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Last year i was working on a suit pattern to be printed but my flash drive with all my work on it crashed and i didnt have a back up. so frustrated on all my hours of work gone. that i gave up but here are some photos i did have .

My photoshop file

[​IMG]

Tracing the web pattern
    [​IMG]

Sewing lines

[​IMG]

13. TheNickFox

TheNickFox Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I know the feeling, don't give up!

It took me more than 6 years to finally get my Spidey pattern made, but it finally is. (And backed up A LOT)

As for the patterning of the fabric itself. It seems everyone is using the Raimi patern as a base, when this suit has a COMPLETELY different layout. There are actually 3 seams on the face of the new pattern that I've been able to identify: 1 centered from the top of the head to the nose area and two more in a similar place to the Raimi pattern, on either side of the eyes.

I will be tackling this pattern eventually, and when I do, I'v starting with a brand new patterning of the fabric before even touching the graphic design.

I'd love to see someone else tackle that task though...so I don't have to. :p

-Nick

14. Johnnymuffintop

Johnnymuffintop Active Member

How/where are you getting this printed onto fabric.

15. thorn13

thorn13 New Member

This is truly amazing

16. MCL34N

MCL34N Well-Known Member

I've actually done a lot of work on a replica mask and you're very right, to keep to the Spidey look of having the seams hidden under the webs, you need an entirely different pattern. I actually believe there are 5 different seams in the front piece of the mask, 1 in the center of the forehead, 2 on either temple (the three you've mentioned) but also 2 more coming down from the nose on either side of the middle line. If you look at the pics we have now you can see that the shading and webbing don't exactly match up to either side of these lines. Plus the Honeycomb pattern is always a giveaway where the seams are, it usually goes in two separate directions on either side of one.

17. MCL34N

MCL34N Well-Known Member

Here is a quick paint diagram (Hooray MS Paint!) of where I believe the seams are-

18. Sonjou

I remember your name from the SHH boards. I used your method of shaping the honeycomb pattern. Maybe once im done with my Dark knight i will pick spiderman back up. but we shall see. superman is coming up next year.

19. Sonjou

So Nick inspired me to work on the pattern for this a bit . i got a program to help retrieve corrupted files. used it was able to get my psd back partially. it wouldn't let me open it so i got another program that would batch a psd to a jpeg did that and i had my base again just have to go through and recut some lines and re color.

so this is what i got so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. legs4hire

legs4hire Guest

what computer program did you use?

21. Sonjou

I use photoshop cs5

22. Scottryan15

edit..

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  23. TheNickFox

TheNickFox Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

:eek

Sonjou, that was my actual reaction to your image. THat looks fantastic. Keep up the awesome work. With talent like that, no matter what computer problems you run into, I have no doubt you'll make a killer TASM Costume for yourself.

WOW!

-Nick

24. wrroca

wrroca New Member

Very very nice.... Sonjou

I like the texture you used, I would like to know how I can make a texture for me, thanks ...

25. Sonjou

trial and error in photshop. i made 8 different patterns till i got the right right look.

on the suit itself there are two different patterns the one in the red section there are 6 equal sides, and in the blue the top and bottom side are the same size. the left and right of each are longer and thinner.

I can make a tutorial on how I'm making my suit Pattern. but it would only make sense if you are using photoshop.

26. Sonjou

OK below is the way i made my pattern. im not saying this is the best way to make them. its just the way i did it. I'm not at home so i couldn't show how i apply them the the image of the suit but i can try to add that tomorrow night. first I will show you how I created the pattern. then I have the patterns below that so you can use the ones I made or create your own.

First start by thinking of a square number lets say 1000 x 1000 now take what ever square number you thought of and add 1/4 of that to the height. so create a new image 1000 x 1250 then go to the top of photoshop. image/image size a box will pop up.
    go to the second section that says document size and change usually from cm to Inches. the reason for that is to be able to line everything up with the ruler easier.
    as you can see in my example i changed mine to 14 x 21. left click and hold on the ruler top or bottom and drag your guide line in the vertical center. and divide horizontal into quarters. if you drop your guide somewhere by mistake just press ctrl then left click and drag again.

[​IMG]

After that select your pen tool. and on your guide lines put the points in the shap i have in my example. once your lines are laid out select your brush tool set the size of the brush what ever size you want your lines to be. make sure black is selected. go back to your pen tool right click and stroke path. after that right click and delete path.
    next we need to define our pattern. Press ctrl A then go to the top
    click edit/Define pattern. then a box will pop up. type the name of the pattern you want. and click ok.

[​IMG]

This is where i would show you how to apply the pattern to the reds and blues but i dont have my spiderman file with me at work. but i can type that part up in another post tomorrow.

this is the pattern i would use for the red

[​IMG]

this is the pattern i would use for the Blue.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  27. Moosedan

Moosedan New Member

Looks great

28. Sonjou

Worked on the patern some more today. change the spider pattern on the chest,

added muscle shading, textures on the colors, played around with the raised webs and brick patterns.

I still have a lot to go but its shaping up. i need to add the curves to the bricks that go over the muscles.

Before

[​IMG]

after

[​IMG]

29. TaylorMcManus

TaylorMcManus Well-Known Member

Sonjou, that's looking awesome!

30. Johnnymuffintop

Slight suggestion, you may want the muscle detail to be more blurred to look more natural, also if you have it be the top layer, I think it'd look a little more authentic.

31. Sonjou

I had it as my top layer at first but looking back and forth as some hi res pictures the blue and red shadings look like they are under the bricks?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32. Johnnymuffintop

Well I'll be damned, didn't even notice it was like that. Good catch.

33. Sonjou

I think i will redo my shading to that speckled look.
    Right now mine is a simple speckled texture then burn tool and dodge tool added.

34. Ichigo

Ichigo Member

once you have finished this print, will you be selling these?

35. widescreen

widescreen Well-Known Member

The actual suit looks very difficult to replicate, but great work so far.

36. suckface

suckface Active Member

your doing a great job mate :) I'll be following the progress on this one :)
    will you have this printed ?
    I really wish the pattern on the blue part was easy to track down in a type of mesh sheet so I could just lay it onto my sculpt rather than doing them all by hand lol :)

37. Sonjou

I kinda derailed wrroca's thread. sorry wrroca forgot what the first post was about.

So back on topic how to add the web over the specific area.

I'm not an expert at tutorials. and again there may be a better way to do this method.

but this is how I do it.

Im at my work so I didn't have my files or patterns so I used wrroca Image from the first post for this example.

1. Select the magic wand tool and click on the red. press ctrl c, then ctrl v

2. with the magic wand still selected click the blue on suit layer. press ctrl c, then ctrl v

Now you should see two new layers label one blue the other red.

[​IMG]

3. Create a new layer, select the fill tool, I picked a gray color. fill the whole layer. name that layer brick (or what ever you want to call the pattern)

[​IMG]

4. Right click that layer go to pattern overlay. select the pattern you want to use. click ok.

[​IMG]

5. Create a new layer under the blue brick layer that we just made.

[​IMG]

6. select the blue brick layer and press ctrl E once to merger the two layers.

[​IMG]

7. Depending on your pattern determines the next step. I needed the patern to be rotated to get the points facing verticle.

Press M , right click the image , select free transform. rotate till it is correct.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. make sure your pattern is above the blue layer , press and hold alt and left click in between the two layers. ( that makes it so you can adjust the brick image anyway you want but it will stay inside the color layer.

[​IMG]

9. Select the eraser tool with the star on it. go the the image and left click on the white inside of the pattern. ( this removes all the white from the image
    leaving only the pattern. )

[​IMG]

10. change the layer to multiply

[​IMG]

11. right click on the layer, press blending options, a window will pop up, play around with the settings you like. but below are the ones i used for this tutorial.

Drop shadow, Bevel and emboss, stroke

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks hope this helps

38. wrroca

wrroca New Member

Sonjou thanks, I love this topic because I see that together we are creating a good pattern.

I'm in work the arms, and back of costume, a bit complicated but hey there we go .. I hope as always continue to give advice to fix it .. soon I'll upload pictures of it .. and thanks.

39. spidey4fun

spidey4fun Active Member

Looks good.

40. Angel Song

Angel Song New Member

wow Sonjou that's insane mon ami!

Love the design work.

Best of luck to you guys! I can't wait to see these spidey suits!

41. Sonjou

42. nicholasvonfury

nicholasvonfury New Member

Epic pattern, dude! Keep up the good work!

43. spidey4fun

spidey4fun Active Member

I don't think the pattern on this suit has any warping.. I can't see any.

Brad.

44. Sonjou

Do you think the curves are just natural forming around the muscles since it is a slimmer build ?

Unlike the rami suit where the muscles were more bulgy.

45. spidey4fun

spidey4fun Active Member

I'd say so. The rami suit clearly had larger and smaller bricks. The mesh pattern on this suit appears constant all over. Also you'll notice they've made two different webbing patterns on the suits. 1 with hood off and one with hood on. Look at the webbing around the neck. With the hood off there is a lot more webbing going around the neck.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  46. wilsoncai

wilsoncai Active Member

any idea what material u going to print the pattern on when u are done?

47. brulafu

brulafu Active Member

Interesting stuff. I've been looking at the way the suit has been made and If im not mistaken I can see a zig zag stitching along the red edge onto the blue in black thread. It would be interesting to see how this suit is constructed.

Keep up the fantastic work dude.

48. batfan10

batfan10 Well-Known Member

49. Coast2Coastie

Coast2Coastie New Member

great picture batfan, i was looking at it, ((and this may have already been said before)) but it looks like it was either dye sub'ed or some techinque that i am to noobish to know, and then from there gone over again with the material they used to do the webbing. the webbing doesnt look placed on like it does with the rami suits if you zoom in on that picture, expecially the red parts above the spider, it looks almost drawn on with sometime of ((and i know im going to catch flack for this)) puffy paintish for lack of a better term, type substance. by no means am i saying its puff paint lol. but it looks like it was placed on line by line, not all at once. and the red mesh seems like it was done in a similar process. any thoughts?

50. firebapx

firebapx Well-Known Member

hey buddy can i ask what kind of material your using and how your getting the pattern onto it ?