My Terran Marine

Darth Infamous

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well folks finally at the end of this project. Learned a lot about different materials and proper molding techniques. Been a labor of love for me. This is a Terrain Marine from Starcraft fame. This is 100 percent my own sculpt using pics as reference. I know the pose looks uncannily like the blizzard statue. I hated the thuoghts of spending over thousand dollars to get one. So I made my own. :) The master is sculpted out of Apoxie sculpt by Alves then molded up with mold max. I used Vagabond resin for the copies. Here is the progress pics. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0743.jpg

Here he is as wire man...

IMG_0759.jpg

Beefing him up with Alves.

IMG_0790.jpg

Using oil based clay as the release buck for the apoxie...

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

Apoxie added then carved to shape...

IMG_0783.jpg

More shaping...the apoxie can be removed for detailing

IMG_0837.jpg

More parts sculpted then added back

IMG_0850.jpg

adding cables and such for more detail

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

roughing out the torso..

IMG_0901.jpg

Now for the chest section. Lots of carving and sanding to perfect shape
IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

shape inproving...lots of punctures and cuts on my thumbs..lol
IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

shoulder work
IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

helmet and bells added
IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1235-1.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

master primed and sealed then molded up to get these pieces..

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

made two helmets...one open with a sculpted head. The other with visor down.

Well on to the painting process. Pics to come

See interest list below. Shout out if you want to be on it. I will be listing in the JY shortly.

Carl

Last edited:
Re: My Terrain Marine

Very nice work. I made pepakura costume files for this big thing a long time back, I'm very impressed by the amount of detail you have in this. I find it funny that you're using a resin the same name as my username. Are you going to be selling any of these as kits?

Yes I will be posting in the junkyard shortly. :) I will offering them fully assembled with options on painting. I can paint them per request of paint scheme...or send them primed up to be painted by the individual.

Thanks for looking and thanks fro the resin suggestion. I just ordered some from your link.

Carl

Man I thought this was a dead sculpt. It seems you started this a long time ago. I remember getting excited about it. Well it looks awesome

Believe it or not it took an entire year to carve this sucker out of Apoxie. lol
It has risen from the grave. I can now say its finished. lol

No kits at this time only finished. Primed or painted.

Superb sculpt Carl, also how is it working with that Expoxy sculpt? I've never used it I saw from your pics its a A and B I bought some stuff in a tube green and yellow and found it hard to work with unless it was old.

Last edited:

Thank you for the kind words. :)

The Apoxie sculpt is amazing to work with and is practically non toxic. It smooths easy with water. So once you get the general shape you can carve it and detail it once it sets and hardens...about 10 hours or so.

Carl

Hey folks,

no sales talk or interest generating outside of the JY, please, as that would be a violation of the member guidelines.

Mentioning once that an item might show up in the JY is enough.

Michael
RPF staff

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back