My surprise 8th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver

The Next Doctor

In my never ending quest to obtain Sonic Screwdrivers, I was thrown a curveball. I bought a Sonic from eBay from a person in Great Britian. I knew it was a solid Sonic so there would be no moving parts, and I fully expected it to be a Baker-esque Sonic. I was suprised when I opened the box and found this.

8thDoctor%252520%2525286%252529.JPG

I knew I had seen this Sonic before, so I consulted the GreatWazoo as I knew he had a resin Sonic in his collection that resembled this one. We came to the conclusion that they are "cousins" but we are unsure which is the original.

Anyway, Wazoo and I concluded that the design is closer to the 8th's Sonic that any other so......

With some paint and pinstriping I present my 8th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver.

8thDoctor%252520%2525289%252529.JPG

So what do you guys think?

I actually removed the gold stripe and painted a copper one in it place this evening. I personally think it looks better this way.

I will most likely strip the paint off of it and redetail it.

Ok, somebody make me stop.

I didn't like the gold stripe so last night I masked it off and painted a bronze one on. Now today I find better striping and I stripped it down again and repainted the bullet and added the new stripe.

I "think" I am finished with it, but I am still not sure.

8thDoctor%252520%25252811%252529.JPG

8thDoctor%252520%25252812%252529.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back