My Supreme Vader

I think this is a great starting point for a Vader suit and the great thing for you I think is that it seems your proportions are excellent for a Vader. I look forward to great things from this one. :)

:cheers,

Thomas

Got mine off eBay although I'm just 5'7" and slim...thinking of getting ankle high boots with internal lift and mouth screen...

Here are some pics of my costume without any mod with MR saber. :lol

69898819_c604f5252b.jpg

69898820_ad1d34b48b.jpg

69898821_9f54678501.jpg

69898822_e569c3c913.jpg

Cheers.

This an encouraging thread after reading so many people dumping on this costume. At 5'7" I have no intention of "trooping" as Darth Vader (more power to you Darthraider.), but I would love to have Darth Vader hanging out in my home office. I've been checking out mannequin prices on eBay and this is starting to look like a doable project. Like others here I don't need a screen accurate Vader, but it needs to look good and I don't want to dump 3 grand into either.

I've shaped enough styrene in my years of model building that reshaping the neck flair shouldn't be a problem. Tusks and mesh seem to get swapped out no matter who makes the helmet, so I expect to do that no matter what Vader gear I end up with. Obviously I'll have to paint the helmet too.

What are the opions on the body suit? So far the only complaint has been bunching around the chest box. Is that it? Are there no other problems? (obviously I don't have to worry about ventilation for the mannequin)

How are the boxes? (chest and belt) Has everyone been satisfied with those so far?

Again, it's good see some folks not trashing the costume since its the least expensive way to get started down the dark path. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do next. Keep up the great work.

I have moded one of the rubies helmets my frist one came out bad you can see why in the picture, i left the tape on too long missed some black on the nose area, i was also out of sliver that day so i had to leave the plastc picec in :angry but on this helmet New lenses flate,Grill two sets of screen so you cant see in but you can look threw i did this for anyone to sort to be vader,they can look threw the mouth, i also reslcupted the face to even it out, as well as set the lens back in the helmet. I Also gave it a ANH widows peck just so see if i could, this helmet is just another case of looking way better in person then in pictures, and as far as the costume go's i am not sure if i just want to make an Rotj chest box or just mod the rubies one.
I also am making a body suit out of foam padding for the inside of a vader costume so you will fill it out just right for all the skinney vaders out there :D

Originally posted by RedTwoX@Dec 4 2005, 03:28 AM
This an encouraging thread after reading so many people dumping on this costume.  At 5'7" I have no intention of "trooping" as Darth Vader (more power to you Darthraider.), but I would love to have Darth Vader hanging out in my home office.  I've been checking out mannequin prices on eBay and this is starting to look like a doable project.  Like others here I don't need a screen accurate Vader, but it needs to look good and I don't want to dump 3 grand into either.

I've shaped enough styrene in my years of model building that reshaping the neck flair shouldn't be a problem.  Tusks and mesh seem to get swapped out no matter who makes the helmet, so I expect to do that no matter what Vader gear I end up with.  Obviously I'll have to paint the helmet too.

What are the opions on the body suit?  So far the only complaint has been bunching around the chest box.  Is that it?  Are there no other problems? (obviously I don't have to worry about ventilation for the mannequin)

How are the boxes? (chest and belt)  Has everyone been satisfied with those so far?

Again, it's good see some folks not trashing the costume since its the least expensive way to get started down the dark path.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do next.  Keep up the great work.
[snapback]1128206[/snapback]​

I have new one for sale in the JY....never wore it, but I did take it out of the box to look at the components. Overall, for the price...it's pretty decent. The chest & belt boxes are nice, the bodysuit looks the part....if you are going to be putting it on a mannequin only, then you would just have to bulk it up to fit properly. The only parts which are very cheesy are the gloves and cod....very flimsy and cheap looking IMHO....the helmet can look very good with some work....

Originally posted by KevVader@Dec 4 2005, 12:57 PM
The chest & belt boxes are nice, the bodysuit looks the part....if you are going to be putting it on a mannequin only, then you would just have to bulk it up to fit properly. The only parts which are very cheesy are the gloves and cod....very flimsy and cheap looking IMHO....the helmet can look very good with some work....
[snapback]1128348[/snapback]​

I agree. The chest and belt are pretty decent. The gloves and cod stink. I don't particularly like the armor either but I think if repainted it could be good.

The bodysuit is fine. I had the back cut out of mine by a tailor and replaced with a hockey jersey mesh to make it more breathable and comfortable. I am 6'6 and 240 pounds and the standard suit fits pretty good, a little short in the legs but thats behind boots and shins so you cant notice.

I dont particularly like the shins either. I am looking to get fiberglass shins. So far I bought a new helmet (cKing), new gloves and fiberglass armor. I did mods to my Rubies helmet (paint, mesh, grill, tusks and lenses) for events where the time would be sutiable for the plastic lid.

I think the capes are ok. I plan to line my outer cape with satin and see how it works before I buy a wool cape.

Overall, I think it is a very good starter suit. I have certainly enjoyed it and it has been a great start for me.

I bought one and i am modding the crap out of it. I think it is an excellent starting point for us new Vaders out there.

Originally posted by DarthKahnt+Dec 4 2005, 11:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Dec 4 2005, 11:48 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-KevVader
@Dec 4 2005, 12:57 PM
The chest & belt boxes are nice, the bodysuit looks the part....if you are going to be putting it on a mannequin only, then you would just have to bulk it up to fit properly. The only parts which are very cheesy are the gloves and cod....very flimsy and cheap looking IMHO....the helmet can look very good with some work....
[snapback]1128348[/snapback]​

.....I think the capes are ok. I plan to line my outer cape with satin and see how it works before I buy a wool cape.

Overall, I think it is a very good starter suit. I have certainly enjoyed it and it has been a great start for me.
[snapback]1128744[/snapback]​
[/b]

.....capes are a little on the thin side IMO...good for most, but if you're going for something more accurate, I'd get a heavier weight cape set....

Originally posted by KevVader@Dec 5 2005, 02:04 AM
.....capes are a little on the thin side IMO...good for most, but if you're going for something more accurate, I'd get a heavier weight cape set....
[snapback]1128772[/snapback]​

True enough. I am going to line the cape anyways and use it for events where there is a potential for damage to the cape (ie: kids parties). I will reserve my wool one for photo0 shoots and special appearances that are short in duration and in a more professional environment.

Originally posted by DarthKahnt+Dec 5 2005, 06:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Dec 5 2005, 06:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-KevVader
@Dec 5 2005, 02:04 AM
[snapback]1128772[/snapback]​

True enough. I am going to line the cape anyways and use it for events where there is a potential for damage to the cape (ie: kids parties). I will reserve my wool one for photo0 shoots and special appearances that are short in duration and in a more professional environment.
[snapback]1128790[/snapback]​
[/b]
Kids have this uncontrolable urge to see how many times they can step on the cape and stop vader in his tracks :D

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Dec 5 2005, 05:15 AM
Kids have this uncontrolable urge to see how many times they can step on the cape and stop vader in his tracks :D
[snapback]1128816[/snapback]​

...as I found out on my very first event. :D

I think it looks good. :thumbsup

But IÂ’m sad when I see threads like this. You see ; I live in Australia. I bought one of these Rubies VaderÂ’s off an U.S. Ebay seller back in April. I had hoped to modify it and display it proudly. But alas it was never sent to me. It cost me $1200 ozzie dollars. :(

Originally posted by GundamZeppelin@Dec 4 2005, 10:30 AM
... i also reslcupted the face to even it out

Would anyone care to comment on this? Has anyone else felt a need to rework the sculpt of the face plate? If so, which features did you rework and to what extent?

Originally posted by RedTwoX+Dec 5 2005, 08:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedTwoX @ Dec 5 2005, 08:17 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-GundamZeppelin
@Dec 4 2005, 10:30 AM
... i also reslcupted the face to even it out

Would anyone care to comment on this? Has anyone else felt a need to rework the sculpt of the face plate? If so, which features did you rework and to what extent?
[snapback]1128867[/snapback]​
[/b]

.....the 4th nose slot needs to be filled and the lenses removed from the outside of the facemask and attached to the inside....therefore some reshaping of the eye sockets may be needed. There's a great tutorial link listed earlier in the thread....

Niko...that sucks...if you paid via credit card through Paypal, you should be able to recoup your $ through your credit card company...I'd check it out. You're way past the time limit to claim via Paypal....

Originally posted by Bountyhunter Niko@Dec 5 2005, 07:40 AM
I think it looks good.  :thumbsup

But I’m sad when I see threads like this. You see ; I live in Australia. I bought one of these Rubies Vader’s off an U.S. Ebay seller back in April. I had hoped to modify it and display it proudly. But alas it was never sent to me. It cost me $1200 ozzie dollars.  :(
[snapback]1128843[/snapback]​

What did you do about it?

IÂ’m still waiting. I know that is pretty sad of me. :$

I bought it off a guy called Tom Capizzi. Ebay username sc4rf4c3. ( Now banned from Ebay.) . Originally he was blaming Rubies for the wait. After a few months waiting ; he then started saying he was trying to find a way to post it to Australia. He has been in contact quite a few times.

I gave him until the end of November. The end of November has come and gone. I asked him for a refund and all he said was ‘ Please stay calm. We will get this to you.’ I’m sick of waiting. A friend over here has suggested I get the F.B.I. involved. I know this seem a bit extreme but I don’t want to lose $1200.

And yes ; I did pay by Visa though Paypal.

IÂ’m sorry. I donÂ’t mean to hijack this thread ; but any help would be great

had mine for years. love it. got some nicer gloves and a buckle but other than that stock. i am 6'5'' 275 and the xl fits.

5891_102244669789272_5596147_n.jpg

i wear a trooper neck seal and a black hood over my head and mouth to keep the white skin from showing.

it is hot however and i am thinking of cuting the back out and doing something like this.

$(KGrHqUOKi0E16B,2ipeBNnkUszUsw~~0_12.JPG

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back