My Supreme Vader

TK-Fett

Sr Member
Hey guys here are pics of my Rubies Supreme Vader. I know it has been dissed, cussed, and discussed lots around here but I wanted to show pics anyway. The only alterations I plan to make before Halloween are to paint the chest armor, and take in the arms a little they are made for guys with 30" pythons for arms brother. I may get new boots before then but I doubt anyone would notice.

My opinin of the suit is that it may not cut it as a movie accurate replica prop (im no Vader expert but even I can tell some of the places that it falls short) but it is one hell of a nice halloween costume with lots of potential. I think Rubies has outdone themselves, especially with their track record. With just a little work I think this could be an excelent 501st quality suit, and I plan to prove it.

Anyway let me know what you think.

2.jpg

1.jpg

I see you have the same bunching up of the undersuit near the chestbox that I do.

The suit over all is pretty comfortable. But I am 6'5" and 240lbs and the undersuit is STILL a little big.

YOU LOOK GREAT.

I hear ya on the start of a long road. I have already changed the padding, lenses, and tusks in my helmet as well as made the dome fit better and so tight I can hang upside down and it won't come off. I now have the real leather gloves and Cod Piece. The ones that came with it, just didn't do.

I also made the neckbrace, as you can see in this pic. I didn't like how from the side the neck didn't look complete.

jessecaptured9kg.jpg

vader6hw.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Originally posted by TK-Fett@Oct 14 2005, 12:04 AM
Hey guys here are pics of my Rubies Supreme Vader. I know it has been dissed, cussed, and discussed lots around here but I wanted to show pics anyway. The only alterations I plan to make before Halloween are to paint the chest armor, and take in the arms a little they are made for guys with 30" pythons for arms brother. I may get new boots before then but I doubt anyone would notice.

My opinin of the suit is that it may not cut it as a movie accurate replica prop (im no Vader expert but even I can tell some of the places that it falls short) but it is one hell of a nice halloween costume with lots of potential. I think Rubies has outdone themselves, especially with their track record. With just a little work I think this could be an excelent 501st quality suit, and I plan to prove it.

Anyway let me know what you think.

Looks good.

I am in the process of upgrading mine as well. I repainted the helmet to the correct color scheme, replaced the lenses, grill and tusks. I recently bought fiberglass armor and new leather gloves. I had the back of the suit cut out and replaced with a strong mesh in order to make the suit more breathable, I found that it is like being in a ziploc bag... it has no breathability. Besides, I am 6'6 and 245 pounds so I needed to expand the suit a little.

I will post some pics soon with my progress.

Cool, i have one, the standard fit perfectly apart from the codpiece which kept sliding down and the belt. But i have a leather belt now, and i waiting on a buckle from russrep. I have some ANH leather gloves, and i'm getting some chain. I put extra strap in the neck area of the helmet, when the dome was on the helmet kept pulling away from my face but the extra strap stops this. I have 2inch soles on the boots. Next plan is to get some chest armor, but apart from that, i'm very happy with my purchase

Thanks guys, I didnt think that I could be the only one who thought this was an alright suit.

For the bunching I found that if you dont tighten up the staps on the chest box all the way and you add velcro on the suit above the box and then to the inside of the armor it will pull the bunch up under the armor and hide it. In these pics I had the box straps pulled to tight.

Also Im 6'2 270lbs for size reference.

Question for you guys, for the lenses, is there a certain color to use ?

I saw some people have gone with a Dark Green (ala Sandtrooper) but I always thought that Vader lenses were like a Dark Sunglass color ?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Take Care

Juan

Originally posted by TK-Fett@Oct 14 2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks guys, I didnt think that I could be the only one who thought this was an alright suit.

For the bunching I found that if you dont tighten up the staps on the chest box all the way and you add velcro on the suit above the box and then to the inside of the armor it will pull the bunch up under the armor and hide it. In these pics I had the box straps pulled to tight.

Also Im 6'2 270lbs for size reference.
[snapback]1096480[/snapback]​

I finished some mods.
It VERY nice not having my face pressed up against the mask. Plenty of room for the squirrel cage fan you see in the pic. I couldn't fog those lenses if I tried to now. Face stays cool. And the padding has felt material covering it. VERY soft. Over all it is so comfortable I left it on 3 hours straight the other day.

Also when I put in the new metal screen I put Drywall Sandscreen behind it. I liked the look of the silver mesh so much I said "screw it." and left it silver. Changed the tusks and lenses too as you can see. I'm not going for accuracy as much as I am comfort for trooping charity events. I made the Neckseal out of rubber tubing, wire mesh, and styrene heated with boiling water. Now I just have to add all the greeblies.

vadermods6fa.jpg

I am looking at picking one of these things up and planning to do some upgrades to this suit also.

How do you all feel about those shin guards? are they at all symetrical looking? Would a repaint make them look even better?

One of my major gripes so with some of the shins one Ebay are the one's that look great but one of the shins longer then the other, and what not. I am into the symetrical look of the RTOS Vader. I am all for those who want RTOJ,ESB or ANH vaders, but some of us want symetrical perfection.

The shoulder armor looks passable, if repainted, But I know theres from time to time a fan made set of them up on ebay. But I would like your feelings about it. I think it would work if it was thickend up some with fiberglass to make it look thicker.

The belt is also looking promising to me in my book. Correct looking Mesh in the bottom corners of the boxes. a Repaint and then a changeing out of the knobs for aluminium ones would probably make it all the better. how big are those boxes?

I am trying to justify Picking one these up and want to know your all feelings about those parts. or if I should just take the time to piece together the suit as I want it. I already know I am going to end up with a Leather body suit, an MR helmet or a Fan Made RTOS helmet, and I am going to make my own chest box as the rubies looks under sized just a bit.

Fun part of the Chest box will be getting custom made aluminum Rods and Coin Slots, and then I am kicking around the Idea of Aluminum rockers switches, and using the Rubies Light system from this suit box.

I know the thing I dont like the look of from that suit is the Cod. Just looks fugly to me.

Originally posted by KevVader@Oct 14 2005, 02:16 PM

Not to nitpick a FINE job... but aren't the diamonds in your face screen going the wrong way? (should be horizontal?)

Yep
[snapback]1096816[/snapback]​

I did this because when I put it in the other way, it just didn't look tright. and since I don't care too much about being 100% I did it my way. I think part of the reason is the diamonds on mine are too small. someday when I find larger diamond mesh I'll probably switch it out.

Originally posted by Jack Bauer+Oct 14 2005, 08:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Bauer @ Oct 14 2005, 08:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-KevVader
@Oct 14 2005, 02:16 PM

Not to nitpick a FINE job... but aren't the diamonds in your face screen going the wrong way? (should be horizontal?)

Yep
[snapback]1096816[/snapback]​

I did this because when I put it in the other way, it just didn't look tright. and since I don't care too much about being 100% I did it my way. I think part of the reason is the diamonds on mine are too small. someday when I find larger diamond mesh I'll probably switch it out.
[snapback]1096937[/snapback]​
[/b]

Actually, I think your mesh looks about the right size to run horizontal......any bigger and it'd look like chicken wire.....

...but, whatever floats your boat. :)

Does you Mask not flare out on the neck??...mine has the worst flare, drives me nuts....JB how did you make the neck seal?...i have been trying to figure out how to make something but my ideas always fall short...

M.

Originally posted by ObiJuan70@Oct 15 2005, 12:18 PM
Anyone know what color to use for the lenses ? ? ?

Anyone ? Anyone ??

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

Juan
[snapback]1097129[/snapback]​

Smoke Bronze for an ESB/ROTJ look.

Originally posted by Klocket@Oct 15 2005, 06:27 AM
Does you Mask not flare out on the neck??...mine has the worst flare, drives me nuts....JB how did you make the neck seal?...i have been trying to figure out how to make something but my ideas always fall short...

M.
[snapback]1097075[/snapback]​

For the neck flare - boil some water - and dip the mask in ( neck) - pull it out and run under coldwater while re shaping it. Did this to mine and the neck looks great.

Originally posted by anakin+Oct 15 2005, 05:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(anakin @ Oct 15 2005, 05:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Klocket
@Oct 15 2005, 06:27 AM

M.
[snapback]1097075[/snapback]​

For the neck flare - boil some water - and dip the mask in ( neck) - pull it out and run under coldwater while re shaping it. Did this to mine and the neck looks great.
[snapback]1097137[/snapback]​
[/b]

That's what I did and it was a GREAT fix.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back