My Superman Fortress Console-Master Control Pillar (pic intensive)

Luuke

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Many of you have seen the altar I made for my Kryptonian wedding last year complete with fortress console pillars that light up:
kw56.jpg

Well several months ago I decided to build the Master Control Pillar. I needed a place to display all my Superman crystals and what better way to display them than in a reproduction of the console itself:
sup14.jpg

I designed it after the Donner film version and the Hot Toys console base. The film version, the clear cylinder goes all the way to the floor but I wanted to mix it up a bit with the hexagonal pillar. It also makes it look more interesting. My daugher, Dara (now almost 11 and 5'1") models to show scale:
dara01.jpg
dara02.jpg

Here's a breakdown of the pieces:
sup01.jpg

sup17.jpg

sup18.jpg

sup19.jpg

sup02.jpg

sup03.jpg

sup04.jpg

sup05.jpg

sup08.jpg

sup09.jpg

sup10.jpg

sup11.jpg

In pictures, the light is very intense and looks even better in person:
sup06.jpg

sup07.jpg

This took alot of planning with the control area. It's not random. It's actually very planned out using shapes taken from the actual set pices prop. Alot of cutting, sanding, shaping...yikes, was I nuts to build this or what?:
sup12.jpg

sup13.jpg

And finally the crystals made by the master Hydin:
sup20.jpg

Wow!!!!!

Dude... awesome.

I think I have a new item for the christmas list :lol

Chris

Thanks for the kind words guys. One of these days I'll get all the pieces together and take some pics. That will be a hoot!

Well my wife and I made a decision today. We're keeping the light up pillars but we're breaking down and getting rid of the wedding platform and steps. We really don't have the room for them.

Dude!!!!!! that is realy something else. It took me ages to build my one, all the sanding and shaping and pollishing. You must have driven yourself half mad with that master console!!! Worth the effort though, fantastic work!!!

When I get my theater room going these will be part of the prop display with all the other DC hero props I have.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back