My Studio scale Tie fighter

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by ckwanwoo, May 22, 2006.

  1. ckwanwoo

    ckwanwoo Sr Member

    Trophy Points:
    1,046
    My another SS model :)

    A few months ago, I bought used Tie model from another steve :lol

    I have rebuilt & repaint for my SW museum.

    Plz, Find the below link...

    <Production note>

    1. modification of mold & panel line
    http://blog.dreamwiz.com/ckwanwoo/5101180

    2. 1st sand paper work
    http://blog.dreamwiz.com/ckwanwoo/5101183

    3. 2nd sand paper work
    http://blog.dreamwiz.com/ckwanwoo/5101184

    4. After painting
    http://dvdprime.dreamwiz.com/bbs/view.asp?...d=919306&page=1

    <Completed model pics>

    http://blog.dreamwiz.com/ckwanwoo/5103103


    [attachmentid=8209]

    [attachmentid=8210]

    [attachmentid=8211]
     
  2. REL

    REL Sr Member

    Trophy Points:
    1,476
    That looks amazing. You did an incredible job of cleaning that up.
     
  3. ralphee

    ralphee Sr Member

    Trophy Points:
    2,495
    Thats gorgeous ck, a fine job indeed, id like me a TIE someday, Steve does an awesome kit.....lee
     
  4. swpropmaker

    swpropmaker Sr Member

    Trophy Points:
    1,681
    I have been looking at the construct pictures and was really put off by the looks of the terrible castings. I promise I never try send out that quality of part. I started looking though that it looks like its a prior build up someone did and CK is stripping it and redoing it.

    There is breakage where the casted parts usually dont break (maybe damage in shipping). I saw alot of build up on the Hull/wing hubh areas that looks like Old CA glue build up to me. This causes it to look really rough. I went to the shop to look over the parts again and the seem on the hull is not that bad to require the putty work shown. All i can figure when removing the hull perimeter details damage was created.

    My observation is that this build is a rebuild of one of my kits. Not recast but a reworking of someone elses buil.

    Based upon breakage and what appears to be a paint job and left over glue. I promise my castings are cleaner and do not require the clean up that is shown here.

    CK did a great job. Absolutley fantastic. That first picture is GREAT. Keep em comming.

    Steve
     

Share This Page