My Start on my sons pred

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jjack

welp i started making my son pred costume for this year (i know i shoulda already been working on it)but been off work for a bit and trying to keep it reasonable lol any peped a Bio helmet but a good friend of mine(Ithica 2 Soaring Hammer is sending me one which looks awsome)and started making the chest armor using VinMans templates (thx alot) and i was wondering can you fiberglass the foamie? and whats best to seal it with so i can paint it?
heres some photos
P2507100009.jpg

P2507100004.jpg

P2707100001.jpg

P2707100002.jpg

P2507100005.jpg

Still havent figured out what im gonna do about the pred head but other than that i thinik i can fab all the rest pretty reasonably
anyway thx for looking and would love some advice or any commments lol

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Preds

Looks good to me. i knwo when i get a son thats what im gona do. Build him a pred suit. gona be sweet. its awsome ur doin that. i wish my dad did that for me ahah. :p

Preds

iv honestly use. "White" Plasti dip srpay, then Airbrushed it. The armor that is. i wouldnt imagine you could fiberglass coat the foam. however you may, idk. iv never tried it. if you do try it,, at least try it on a sheet fo foat before you try it on the armor and dont like it.. that way you dont ruin any of your pieces. GL

MasterAnubis

-I don't know the awnser to the fiberglass question-

I use Rust-Oleum plastic primer and the plastic paint silver to paint my sons foamie armor. I tried the silver without the primer but it just didn't seem to cover like the primer did. It stayed flexable and will not come off. I tried to hot glue to it and it had nothing to bond to so I used an agle grinder to take the paint off so I could add pieces of foamie to it. I even used the plastic paint silver on the latex parts after the layer of Pros-Aide with no cracking. I'm really liking the plastic paint.

I know a lot of people keep using the Plasti-Dip but I haven't yet. I need to try it and Home Depot has it in black. But the whole "death in a can" thing kind of puts me off.

Jjack

ok did a test piece of foamie with resin and its kinda weird the foam soaked a portion of it but even after the resin cured it remained flexible it also adds a nice wet look to the foam but on the flip side whenit applying it the foam kinda bubbles up(but flattens out as drying)but the biggest thing is it still tacky even after a prolonged drying time

Nismo300ZX

For the head, I would buy one of those crappy Rubies heads, and there is a tutorial on here somewhere about modifying it and it actually looks pretty darn good once it's all rigged up. Search for it and you will find!

3jack

Looks awesome so far mate congratulations. Just need to get my son away from spiderman and into predator now lol

Preds

Ya, any chemicals that you put onto foamies will show through, jsut depends on hwo strong the chemical is. some make them warp and bend, some eat right through them. lol least u got to see what the outcome is :p