My Star Trek NOMAD prop and diorama

Jsimon999

Hello everyone. I recently finished a year-long NOMAD project build and wanted to share it with you. The prop itself features lights and sounds and many different lighting options for the diorama.

Took it (and a Captain's chair I did earlier this year) to the 50th Anniversary Star Trek convention in Cherry Hill, NJ last month. We had a great time meeting some of the Next Gen cast and a ton of fans. Was hoping William Shatner would swing through the Grand Ballroom where we were set up but we heard after signing 400 autographs, he soon departed. As would I probably. Sean Kenney (Capt. Pike) did stop by and sit in the chair and chat. He was a nice guy and very gracious guest. Did anyone else here attend?

Enjoy!

:)

Jon

DSCF2569a.jpgDSCF2582a.jpgDSCF2595a.JPGDSCF2604a.jpg20160828_094024.jpg

Holy Cow, those are STELLAR replicas! I've always thought NOMAD would be one of the premium prop pieces to own. I can't imagine how much work must have gone into making it. But would just love to have either of those as the focal point in a room. How do you display them normally?
Fantastic work indeed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, everyone. As anyone here knows, these things or things like them are a TON of work...but a little bit every day and eventually something cool materializes...hopefully.

NOMAD started out as commission work. At some point I started thinking about how it would be displayed. I wanted to see something other than just sitting on a table. My original idea was a lot less dramatic...just a simple display base and a small backboard of some kind where it could be mounted to look like it was levitating. Then it just grew and grew until it became this huge bells and whistles laden monstrosity. I didn't tell the fella who commissioned it about it until I had it completed. He gladly added more money to the project for it.

I'll eventually build more of them. It was a great learning project.

:)
Jon

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back