My SO2 CUSTOM BTTF2 NIKE MAGS: A Detailed Review

Mate I am so glad S02 came through and you got your shoes. I will admit I was worried you wouldn't receive them at all, and my hat goes off to S02 that he didn't just bail when the pressure was on him, like I have seen other people do in previous runs.

Communication is the key and members usually don't mind delays if they are kept up to date. As for the shoes. I think they have turned out well and it was an excellent review TTG. I also wouldn't have any problem signing up for one of his future runs.

*Disclaimer: I did not order a pair from S02 but I would like to share my opinion. I currently do have a pair coming to me but Brad is doing those. Brad has had mine for several months working on them and I absolutely do not mind as I don't want them rushed. I would rather not have them now, but when they eventually show up they will be great, as opposed to wanting them in my hands today and having issues I can't live with.

IMO, if I received a pair of S02's shoes, I would not be happy with them. Just too many issues. If it were just one or two, maybe, but if nothing else all of the light issues makes me reeeeeaal nervous. What if in six months they go out? I certainly couldn't expect for S02 to offer a lifetime warranty, but when (if) they go out I'm screwed as I'm certainly not gonna fix 'em! So I really need to be confident that they were made solid and secure the first time, which I'm certainly not getting that feeling on this run. They just look like someone had to scramble to finish these and just saying, "Good enough...send them before they lynch me!!!"

This guy had a lot of..."personal issues" which caused delays. Look, we're not idiots. Many of us have been here long enough to hear these excuses and see the patterns. S02 bit off more than he could chew, we got it. I just wished he would have said so.
Look: "Guys, I have to admit that I'm overwhelmed at the amount of time this is taking. I honestly thought I could have every pair done by the time I promised but it's simply not going to happen. I apologize. However, here are three options.
One: I can offer you a full refund and I'll send the shoe back in it's current stage.
Two: I can get them done about a month after my promised due date but there will be some QC issues.
Three: I'll need 4 more months but they will be glorious when you receive them.
Either way, I will post up every Monday what my process is."
This would have made S02 a hero. Now he comes off (at least to ME) as someone who I can't trust. :unsure

I'm probably more picky about my props than most so maybe it's just me.

Your Review rocks! really glad you did this. hopefully i can film mine toinght.

I agree with all your comments and statements. Im happy with the shoes, and with a little elbow grease get the dirty paint off the shoes will help. cheers!!!

WOW! THE BEST & DETAILED REVIEW!!!!! I AGREE 101%!!!

I cant really say anything more or less as thegreatgalling has basically said and mention everything that is needed to be read and seen!!

Once again I have to protect my name.. I don't know what 'funky jedi' is up with his 2cents as he is obviously going for 'brad' version and has been waiting for several months so I guess its abit bias for your judgment & statement towards my service for more than 10 pairs in the 2months period and especially for that 'lifetime warranty' that you have to mention I guess you truly are a picky fellow… even NIKE doesn't offer that for their USD4-5k MAGs LOL and this is facts. But like thegreatgalling said 'I appreciate your perspectives gentlement. ' ;)

I do admit communication is key but I did not think at all that any of you are 'idiots' as 'funky jedi' once again has mentioned. I treat everyone like family in here & have been communicating with members through my phone and email when I could not access the web & when I'm outstation visiting my grandma, unlike what 'funky jedi' has once again mention; I DO NOT have "alot of family issues" it was just a week visiting my hospitalized grandma. I don't recall saying I have daddy, mommy or family issues, so I wonder why 'a lot of family issues' is mentioned once again by you know who..

Anyhoo great review like I said I don't expect 101% but its an experience and a lot have been learned on the fly for my 1st time 1st run... 2nd run coming up, improvements have to be made nothing major tho and I'm pretty excited!!! Cheers all!!!

Once again thegreatgalling thumbs up for GREAT & Well Documented review!!!

I DO NOT have "alot of family issues" it was just a week visiting my hospitalized grandma. I don't recall saying I have daddy, mommy or family issues, so I wonder why 'a lot of family issues' is mentioned once again by you know who..

I don't mind being quoted so long as you properly quote me. Please go back and re-read what I wrote.

"personal issues", not "family issues", and yes, you WERE having personal issues.
I don't feel you have to come back and "protect" your name as you obviously delivered a product that many are happy with. Be proud of THAT. So this first run was a little rough, so what? Take it in stride and do better on the next one. Don't take offense because someone said something you didn't like. It's all part of being an artist.
That's all I will say on the matter.

great review matey.
can i ask has everyone got their shoes now as i havnt been able to check mine (the tracking didnt work) and my shoes still havnt arrived.
i can say S02 has kept in touch when possible tho so im not too worried yet lol.

What has been a mystery to me is why the ankle bubble hole in the heel cup is cut in such an awkward way and that the soles aren't painted entirely blue like in his advertising pictures.

I think it was due to the angle in which he cut them out. Looking at some angles it looks right and it some It doesn't. It isn't cut straight on, but on an angle.

These are also one of the first pairs he made, not from his most recent run. Not sure if the pics you are discussing were taken after this was made.

To be honest I never wore em. I'm a size 13 :lol.

They stay pretty rigid with that tennis ball plastic. If you plan on displaying your Poons Mitas, I def suggest it. They give the shoes that rigid upright look of the RDs.

I was recently contacted by a member here to fix some lighting problems he had with his S02 conversions. I wanted to compare the "finish" between his and mine, so here are my shoes next to S02's shoes and some other up close pics...

84c2fc9f1d7338c2172886f2db873f25.jpg

6651d139c8caf162827e100e46bcb212.jpg

f112d252da66e5308a7f142d598a2fbb.jpg

26705558b7e737647d7c6b707316ef11.jpg

95a2fa701fe9ac76398e21db69fa4cf6.jpg

5e7c8c981086be1ca844459e023136f3.jpg

8176f368129de5924708c5c190ce885d.jpg

06ffd4b8e71f4b4a7db8501af8b34a56.jpg

86ae6d94d92ba748b4b3c4d85cffcac7.jpg

907a059287459c7cacd75890c3ee888d.jpg

3cc4966083c976f5a7fa601dd19906cb.jpg

1e0c825bfbd7f469f1585761b4fa9172.jpg

e9484e9f74cf828e97f3bfea85ba72d4.jpg

8bc348a9f327cc4d6d7a91e3ba8bf97a.jpg

c46f801136220b82b2106aa697e61253.jpg

548d24dd61410c7408fa9cb45804b78e.jpg

Hmmm, interesting. There are some things I like about his conversions and other things I have to wonder why he did that like the laces. They are the part I probably liked the least with those shoes, but no-way would I pull them apart like that to clean that up. I'd just live with it or make my own (as I am doing).

His strap is interesting.

Your toe is cleaner and I like your spatter too.

Oh and your Ankle Buckle looks way cooler :love

The ribs are there, they just don't stick out that much. You can feel them if you run your hand over the side. Personally I think the shoe looks sleeker without them being too visible.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back