my "slimliner" gauntlets

Lflank

I decided to do a set of gauntlets that looked a bit different than anything we've seen in any of the movies (I'm working on a fan film that has two different preds in it, so I wanted two quite different sets of armor and weaponry for each). And what I came up with is the "Slimliner System".

Blade retracted:

5687651779_86c5b5054e.jpg

Blade extended:

5687649743_8fff83abf2.jpg

One of the things I never really liked about Stan's original design (gasp!) was the bulkiness of the arm gauntlets. They just look heavy and unweildy. Maybe it's just because I'm not a very large guy, and when I wear big bulky gauntlets it looks like I have Popeye forearms.

Anyway, I wanted something that looked much more light and graceful. So what I did was flip the single blade so it is horizontal instead of vertical, and made the entire gauntlet much flatter, thinner and more streamlined.

I like the look. :unsure:

I like it!
I take it they are not finish right?
I would choose a darker silver and do a black wash on them to add more of a realistic look to them.
I dig the blade a lot
it reminds me of the optimus prime blade. :unsure:

I like it!
I take it they are not finish right?
I would choose a darker silver and do a black wash on them to add more of a realistic look to them.
I dig the blade a lot
it reminds me of the optimus prime blade. :unsure:

Yeah, I just finished painting them so they're not weathered yet.

I debated making them a bronze or copper color just so they'd be different, but I like the silvery finish better.

Cool! they are going to be a nice addition to your arsenal. when do you plan to shoot the film?

As soon as I finish all the costumes I need. I have eleven characters with varying lengths of screen time--the four primary characters are a Mobile Infantry type soldier, a Klingon, a Clone Trooper, and some sort of space alien (I'm still deciding what I want to do with that one). As with all my movies, I'll play all eleven characters myself, and shoot each one, one at a time, in front of a greenscreen in my living room and then composite them all together with the scenery.

I want the two preds to be different from each other, and also different from the pred costume that I used in my previous fan film "Predator vs Stormtroopers".

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back