My sculpture !

elvenisman2

Hey Guys !
I Started working on this sculpture for class the other day and I would love your opinions and comments on it :) !
and I did notice the nose was off in these pictures and fixed that this morning so I'll upload some progress pics later

Huge jaw and face compared to his very small cranium. You should probably have a look at the over all proportions if you ask me! He looks very creepy! :)

As chanfan has pointed out there are a lot of issues with the overall proportions, as even in a stylised character the features will be exaggerated from a frame of reference. When working on a head it's always vital to keep thinking about the skull underneath the surface. Not only will it help you position and size the features it will also dictate the planes of the face which are very important.

When starting out a good tip is to focus on the profile, look at plenty of reference (or better yet, work from life) and try to make the profile work, almost in 2D. Once you've positioned the landmarks such as the ears, depth of the eyes, position of the nose...etc. in relation to one another from the side you'll have a good framework to flesh these regions out from the front.

Good luck and keep going! :D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back