My Screen Used Knight Rider Props

firebirdta84

Thought I would share a few pics of my original Knight Rider props.

Original steering wheel, used first in the show and then on the display car at Universal Studios:

DSCN4658.jpg

These dash panels are from the "insert" dash - the one you see anytime they show a close up of the dash. Also later used on the display car:

DSCN4616.jpg

DSCN4627.jpg

Joe

The wrinkles on the piece is simply the shrinkage of the textured overlay they placed on the pieces. Decades in the California sun will do that I suppose.

Last week I obtained some additional KR props....the switchpod and buttons from the first two seasons. The buttons currently mounted on the pod are incorrect, but the item came with the correct ones:

thIMG_0116.jpg

thIMG_0136.jpg

thIMG_0132.jpg

thIMG_0123.jpg

Joe

AWESOME! KR reruns were a huge part of my childhood. you don't see screen-used bits pop up all that often. thanks for posting!

is the switchpod from the car that was displayed at universal? i remember seeing some pics of the car with similar incorrect buttons.

I could never figure out what the red button s supposed to be - looks like the side view of a knight's helmet - now it makes sense.

I'll have to dig it out. Mind you I'm 8 or 9 in the photo :lol

Cool to see other people from Finland here. You into propbuilding? We should team up :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back