My Screen Used Knight Rider Props

Prop Store

firebirdta84

Thought I would share a few pics of my original Knight Rider props.

Original steering wheel, used first in the show and then on the display car at Universal Studios:

These dash panels are from the "insert" dash - the one you see anytime they show a close up of the dash. Also later used on the display car:

Joe

firebirdta84

The wrinkles on the piece is simply the shrinkage of the textured overlay they placed on the pieces. Decades in the California sun will do that I suppose.

Last week I obtained some additional KR props....the switchpod and buttons from the first two seasons. The buttons currently mounted on the pod are incorrect, but the item came with the correct ones:

Joe

d_osborn

Sr Member
AWESOME! KR reruns were a huge part of my childhood. you don't see screen-used bits pop up all that often. thanks for posting!

is the switchpod from the car that was displayed at universal? i remember seeing some pics of the car with similar incorrect buttons.

ravvenz

Loved that show when I was growing up, tried watching a re- run now and can't believe how into I was back then.

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I could never figure out what the red button s supposed to be - looks like the side view of a knight's helmet - now it makes sense.

VilleLeskinen

Sr Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'll have to dig it out. Mind you I'm 8 or 9 in the photo :lol

Cool to see other people from Finland here. You into propbuilding? We should team up :lol

Prop Store