My SciFi Room hidden props

Conook

I am currently planning my Scifi Room. One of the things I want to do is have various props from popular to obscure science fiction films, tv and cartoons. The theme is a Space station common area. What would you think are some Props that would need to be represented in the build?
Here are a few I am planning to work on:
  • Starship Troopers Helmet
  • Jurassic Park Cryo Shaving cream can
  • Protocol Droid leg
  • Predator gauntlet
These are just a few of the items I am planning. I will definitely post pics of the build and the props as I create them. Again send me your thoughts. I like totally obscure things.

Conook

Tazman has a point. I’m happy to give some suggestions if you’re having a hard time thinking of props, but to start with what are some of your favorite films, shows, or games?

I thought it would be fun to see what others might hide in their rooms. I have a long list of items I plan to include. Another idea I was planning on was a couple of book shelves filled with books and magazines from movies. Started playing with Illustrator again.

It needs a copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

tumblr_lcmc931hfn1qd7wqno1_500.jpg

Armoury style vertical rifle rack with an array of long guns and the same for short guns from any films you want, If you want JP shaving foam in there, why not have a wash sink area (stainless steel sink and mirror) HIC on the wall and full size robot from some film (maybe the bad robot from JJ Abrahams company) And a flickering celling light so you don't know when the monsters gonna get you

Armoury style vertical rifle rack with an array of long guns and the same for short guns from any films you want, If you want JP shaving foam in there, why not have a wash sink area (stainless steel sink and mirror) HIC on the wall and full size robot from some film (maybe the bad robot from JJ Abrahams company) And a flickering celling light so you don't know when the monsters gonna get you
The sink Idea will be with the bar and the shaving cream can was going to be there. as for robots I have a Batteries not included Garage kit I was given as a gift. I have all three babies. They will for sure be around the junk shelf. I didnt think about the flickering light. that might be fun.

If you’re doing books, then maybe an Evil Dead version of the Necronomicon. Also, although it’s not a sci-fi film, maybe a Sweeney Todd razor to set next to the Barbasol can

Was going to mention the Necronomicon...lol...so...Book of Solomon from Season of the Witch? Because you need to be able to put down what you raise.

How about one of the handguns from Equilibrium?
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...2011/10/equilibrium_movie_2002_poster.jpg&f=1

Donald Sutherland's 1911 from The Mechanic? Amat Victoria Curam, Victory Loves Preparation
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/srends/_3484-.jpg&f=1

Deadshot's AR?
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...Screen-Shot-2016-04-11-at-12.24.04-PM.png&f=1

Another thing you could do is to make mural, frame it to look like you were looking out of a space ship. If you have the money, put a flat screen, into the wall, and have a DVD playing something that would make it look like you were actually flying in a spacecraft.

Another thing you could do is to make mural, frame it to look like you were looking out of a space ship. If you have the money, put a flat screen, into the wall, and have a DVD playing something that would make it look like you were actually flying in a spacecraft.
That’s a cool idea. I have plenty of old screens I could use for portals. My computer background is an animated future cityscape viewed through a window. That’s awesome Pumpkinhead. I am a few months from that stage but I can try and find footage or make stuff that might work.

It depends on your budget. Do you have a high expendable budget?
I don’t have a huge budget but I can be creative. Time I have lots of so I can figure it out as I go. Weapons rack is for sure going. I want it to be something similar to Korbin Dallas’s apartment. Everything has to make sense.

I thought he said "space station themed" though?

If you’re doing books, then maybe an Evil Dead version of the Necronomicon. Also, although it’s not a sci-fi film, maybe a Sweeney Todd razor to set next to the Barbasol can

I thought he said "space station themed" though?
He did say it’s a “space station common room” theme, but since he said he’s planning to display a Jurassic Park Barbasol can and the book Handbook for the Recently Deceased (from Beetlejuice) we just gave a couple suggestions that would compliment those props well.

For your weapons display, how about an MIB Noisy Cricket and/or Neuralizer? I would personally also want to display a Star Trek phaser, or multiple since there were various styles, along with a Halo plasma pistol and Malcolm’s pistol from Firefly. You could also easily add a Star Trek style access panel pretty much anywhere on any wall.

Not necessarily a prop suggestion but to help with the theme you could put in things like bubble tubes, plasma balls, etc.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back