My Sankara Stones WIP

Been wanting to get a full set done for a while now.. I've made a few before but gave them out as gifts or PiF's.

Here is my set currently. Going to add a few washes, brown, black and red. Then a semi gloss. But I decided to make a base for them as well. Cut from foam board and going to be wrapped in plaster and painted to look like wet rock with some moss..

I figure if I make this thread it'll keep me motivated to finish them! :lol

100_0743.jpg

And here is what they will look like after the washes and semi gloss,

100_0692.jpg

Well, I forgot to take progress pics again, but here is the finished set.

What I didn't get pics of was the foam after I carved it into a more natural shape. Then wrapped it in plaster strips to harden it. For paint I just used that stone spray from Home Depot. It sprays out like glue with gunk in it, but gives a nice sandstone texture.

I had planned to paint it grey and make it look wet with glaze, but chickened out. :lol What doesn't come through in the photo's is the cracks I put into the stone paint. Just dragged a paintbrush handle through the wet paint to give it a beaten look. It looks good to me.

100_0751.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back