My Sankara Stones WIP

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by TallDarkandDisfigured, Nov 6, 2011.

1. TallDarkandDisfigured

TallDarkandDisfigured Sr Member

Been wanting to get a full set done for a while now.. I've made a few before but gave them out as gifts or PiF's.

Here is my set currently. Going to add a few washes, brown, black and red. Then a semi gloss. But I decided to make a base for them as well. Cut from foam board and going to be wrapped in plaster and painted to look like wet rock with some moss..

I figure if I make this thread it'll keep me motivated to finish them! :lol

[​IMG]

And here is what they will look like after the washes and semi gloss,

[​IMG]

darth_myeek and Jannix Quinn like this.
  2. TallDarkandDisfigured

Well, I forgot to take progress pics again, but here is the finished set.

What I didn't get pics of was the foam after I carved it into a more natural shape. Then wrapped it in plaster strips to harden it. For paint I just used that stone spray from Home Depot. It sprays out like glue with gunk in it, but gives a nice sandstone texture.

I had planned to paint it grey and make it look wet with glaze, but chickened out. :lol What doesn't come through in the photo's is the cracks I put into the stone paint. Just dragged a paintbrush handle through the wet paint to give it a beaten look. It looks good to me.

[​IMG]

3. IndyFanChuck

IndyFanChuck Sr Member

Looking good Dan! :thumbsup

4. TallDarkandDisfigured

Thanks bud! I didn't get that "marble" look that my first ones had in the paintjob, but I'm still pretty happy with the outcome.