My Rubies Supreme Vader Lid - PICTURES

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
I have finally gotten around to posting some pics of my Rubies Vader Lid that I moded myself. Here are three solo pictures and one next to my cking fiberglass lid (the Rubies is the one on the left). Comments? Suggestions?

ENJOY.

Chris.

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Dec 6 2005, 09:51 AM
sweet B)
[snapback]1129655[/snapback]​

LOOKS GREAT MAN , CANT WAIT TO GET SOME PICS OF THE ONE I AIRBRUSHED TO PUT UP IN HERE. TALK SOON KAHNT. ROD

looks great, how much was the neckbrace?
maybe take the helmets outside, the flash seems to take out the details of the helmet.

It's probably just me, because I have a Rubies helmet.... but in the bottom pic your mod actually looks better than the fg helmet. Good job. It looks very nice.

Thanks everyone. It is my very first costuming project so I am rather proud of it.

The neckbrace cost about $100 I believe.

Ill try to get some outside pictures, although we got our first snowfall of the year two days ago so it may be hard to get outside pics.

how did you correct the neck flare, thats the only thing i have to do to mine before i paint it. also, where do you get the lenses to go inside the helmet?

Originally posted by fettster@Dec 16 2005, 10:16 AM
how did you correct the neck flare, thats the only thing i have to do to mine before i paint it. also, where do you get the lenses to go inside the helmet?
[snapback]1137224[/snapback]​

I put the part with the flare in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes then took it out and pressed it into shape while running it under cold water.

I got the lenses from a guy on eBay, cant remember who.

Originally posted by WebChief@Dec 16 2005, 11:50 AM
I think the Rubies looks better in that comparison shot too. Nice job.
[snapback]1137294[/snapback]​

Thanks. There are a couple of flaws not evident in the pictures but overall I am pleased with it. I would do a better job on another one because I have the experience of doing this one.

Originally posted by kell@Dec 23 2005, 02:42 AM
looks awesome. I am going to start on one of these soon. Did you fill in the eyes ?

Kell
[snapback]1142126[/snapback]​

Yes, I used a two part Epoxy to fill in the eyes.

im in the middle of a rubies mod right now as well...its coming along but i wont be able to paint it until spring...what did you use for the inside padding? is that motorcycle helmet padding? i also found some putty at HD that works even better than the pc-7 epoxy...i cant remeber the name of it but it was something like plas-tix...it came in a tube and feels and looks alot like clay. it has the two parts rolled into one tube of putty...you cut off what you need and knead it together then mold it..worked real good...as it is made for hard plastics and abs

Originally posted by SithLord7768@Jan 15 2006, 03:05 AM
im in the middle of a rubies mod right now as well...its coming along but i wont be able to paint it until spring...what did you use for the inside padding? is that motorcycle helmet padding?  i also found some putty at HD that works even better than the pc-7 epoxy...i cant remeber the name of it but it was something like        plas-tix...it came in a tube and feels and looks alot like clay. it has the two parts rolled into one tube of putty...you cut off what you need and knead it together then mold it..worked real good...as it is made for hard plastics and abs
[snapback]1159566[/snapback]​

I used the padding in a garden chair, cut it to shape and covered it in mesh, gives it a soft, comfortable feeling and the padding itself is pretty thick and forms well to your face..... I personally love the way it fits.

I actually managed to save the padding from my helmet. :) I had to tear it out but I did it very slowly a little at a time and managed to save 98% of it even though some of it is still stuck to the interior.

Here are some photos.
IMAG5897.jpg

IMAG5899.jpg

IMAG5905.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back