My Resin cast of a original sterling smg receiver

TI6815

Hi RPF ... pimp your E-11 Blaster :love

I really glad to find a original "bold lever" from a Sterling SMG. To buy a real Sterling is out of my financial range so find some good parts over the years.

The receiver is awesome and I cast it with resin. The result is really cool and fits perfect the tubes I use.

Here some Pics

Kai

IMGP3581.jpg

IMGP3586.jpg

IMGP3587.jpg

IMGP3590.jpg

IMGP3591.jpg

IMGP3592.jpg

Last edited:
That is actually called the 'bolt' the receiver is the tube... Probably just lost in translation, but either way nice casting...

I will close this with cautioning anyone in the US to do this with an unmodified bolt casting, modification to the bolt as seen above should be performed on the bolt destroying it's function vs a raw casting of a functional bolt... A Sterling with a plastic bolt isn't going to be reliable in anyway but it could chamber a bullet and fire, and the ATF has been known to be stupid silly in these issues... And just for the record, soft bronze bolts where used in Stens (a nearly identical design) during the war due to metal shortages, not as reliable as steel but they got the job done, kinda....

The above bolt for example has had the business end and firing pin machined off so it's already destroyed and won't function...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back