My replica of the "friar's manuscript" from "indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ramsey

Here are a few pictures of a prop I just finished at about 2:00am this morning....

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

and here is a peek inside....of course only a few of the pages are printed....I wish I had take the time to do them all, though.

https://youtu.be/1twlYkSrpiw

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ramsey

Thank you! The pages are 11" x 17" folded in half. And no, the clasps don't really work... they're only made of cardboard, as are the corner plates. I painted them with copper-colored metallic paint, then aged a bit with a little bit of flat black paint.

LTsmash1200

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i wasnt a member at that time and can only imagine how nice his was. I think Ramsey's is awesome. I have to go search old threads now to see sarednabs
Oh, no doubt, this one looks great too, but I don't have the skill to make one myself, haha.

Ramsey

Sarednab's manuscript is the one that inspired me to make one of my own, though his is WAY cooler, with a leather cover and working metal clasps... mine isn't leather, just a leather-looking (sort of) fabric I got at Wal-mart, and the non- functional clasps are just painted cardboard.... but I made mine more or less just for looks anyway, but if I ever have the means and develope the talent I'll definitely have to try to make one like his.