My Replica Captain America M1 Helmet

leatherneck

I know there have been a ton of Captain America post lately, but I just wanted to post a few pics of my recently completed M1 helmet. I know it isn't 100% movie accurate but I am happy with it for now. I need to do more weathering on it, but currently I am away from home. The dents in the helmet were there when I bought it years ago. There is a base coat of OD green under the blue so the scratches in the blue show the green underneath. I drew the wing design by hand and transferred it to tape on the helmet. The stand was made with the Cap flying disc that I picked up at Toys R Us and a wooden dowel painted silver. I did some minor weathering on the stand.

Any comments are welcome.

DSCI0537.jpg

DSCI0536.jpg

DSCI0535.jpg

I don't think it does either. I just wanted to add a little something extra to it. The movie version also has a paratrooper liner which has the yokes for the leather chin strap.

Nope, just checked a few screencaps. No wings though I agree with you 100%, the wing detail is MUCH more interesting.

Bloody genius use of the flying disc. I picked one up in hopes that it flew as well as a real Frisbee. After I learned that it did not fly all that well, I decided to weather it just for the heck of it, and it's been sitting around since then. Now it might have finally found a purpose. Thanks for the idea!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back