My Red Hood Attempt wip pic's

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by InsaneLuck, Apr 30, 2012.

1. InsaneLuck

InsaneLuck Member

So this is my first attempt at making one of these. I used BlackKaos's files so much thanks

2. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

Nice man, Especially for your first try!

3. kalissuperman

kalissuperman Active Member

nice. i think that you will be able to hone your skills quickly.

4. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

Looks really good for your first try. In the last stage before painting, wet sand in circular motion with a fine grain wet/dry sandpaper and that puppy will be smoothe, then paint:)

5. InsaneLuck

InsaneLuck Member

Nice thanks for the tip, and for all the good comments

6. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

im in love with the pep file :D you did a great job for your first try. too bad hes charging for them (which is his god * right ;) ), as i dont have money to spare :/ are you gonna do the the rest of the costume?

7. InsaneLuck

InsaneLuck Member

Yeah I've already got the jacket, just working on the metal for the boots, the holsters and the eye mask. Ill put pics up when I get closer

8. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

I can't wait to see more.. Exciting, I love the Red Hood!

9. BlackKaos

BlackKaos Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

InsaneLuck - Awesome build! Looks good. I like the lines and how you cut them in afterward.

EyeofSauron - I'm sorry that I charge but I do appreciate that everyone is understanding and not judgemental. I work a full time job and my job I work alot of overtime and do not have alot of spare time so I do the files in my spare time and the money helps with bills. If the modeling wasn't so time consuming and I didn't need the money I would definitely give them away because I love seeing peoples builds just as much as I do my own.

10. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

hey you dont have to be sorry :) its my problem i cant afford it xD i know how annoying modeling is, i just modeled a red ranger helmet, and it took me some time :)

11. InsaneLuck

InsaneLuck Member

Thanks BlackKaos, and we don't mind paying for good quality. It's def worth it

12. BATIMAN

BATIMAN Well-Known Member

Looks cool man.

Alex

13. BlackKaos

Just wondering if you got to pep the 52 series file yet? I just finished pepping it and was curious to see how yours turned out.

14. InsaneLuck

InsaneLuck Member

No I got pretty busy and haven't got past cutting the peices out. Gonna try to put it together this week. How did your come out.

15. BlackKaos

I'm not the best pep builder in the world but min came out good. I haven't had time to fiberglass it yet.

16. mcoatsey

mcoatsey Active Member

the helmet looks great, will be watching your progress dude, keep up the good work

17. InsaneLuck

InsaneLuck Member

Thanks mcoatsey

18. InsaneLuck

InsaneLuck Member

K guys, as Im working on my new 52 red hood mask I need some advice on how to quicklyu age pleather.

19. ajb3art

ajb3art Active Member

this is pretty awesome, i've never worked pep files before but this is inspiring.

20. grnlntrn78

grnlntrn78 Guest

How much is BlackKaos selling his files for?

21. ScooterMcK

ScooterMcK New Member

Love it! All the begginner Peps doing this well gives me hope! I'm starting soon.