My Raimi suit replica (In progress)

Currently gluing the shoes together and now have to wait for the e6000 to set

Attachments

• 63B3256C-5020-4E08-A1CB-F3A97C4DD3CF.jpeg
    63B3256C-5020-4E08-A1CB-F3A97C4DD3CF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 297
The most active Raimi build I have seen on the rpf. Dude this looks so great! Where did you get the mannequin?
The mannequin was the cheapest one I could find on Amazon with separated fingers however looking back I’d recommend going with a higher quality Poseable mannequin instead which I’ll eventually buy

The webbing and faceshell came in and are perfect

Attachments

• 7C2075BF-082A-4B2D-98AD-900BD2DFFD27.jpeg
    7C2075BF-082A-4B2D-98AD-900BD2DFFD27.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 314
  • 1BF5C777-B145-4BCB-AB4D-6ECD0E6EE742.jpeg
    1BF5C777-B145-4BCB-AB4D-6ECD0E6EE742.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 315
  • E9EF9AC4-3A13-489E-AF7C-7FB82D075346.jpeg
    E9EF9AC4-3A13-489E-AF7C-7FB82D075346.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 316
I wanted to ask a general question on webbing. Say if I made my webs with a black colored Urethane instead of silver. Instead of coloring the sides of the webbing with a black sharpie, I could theoretically color the top of black urethane webbing with a Silver Sharpie to create a similar effect. Do you guys think this process can work? I saw someone color thick black puff paint web lines on their suit and then add a silver sharpie layer to create an illusion of it being a bevel and it looks pretty good. I think the same could be done with Urethane.

Attachments

• Spider-manwebbing.png
    Spider-manwebbing.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 222
I wanted to ask a general question on webbing. Say if I made my webs with a black colored Urethane instead of silver. Instead of coloring the sides of the webbing with a black sharpie, I could theoretically color the top of black urethane webbing with a Silver Sharpie to create a similar effect. Do you guys think this process can work? I saw someone color thick black puff paint web lines on their suit and then add a silver sharpie layer to create an illusion of it being a bevel and it looks pretty good. I think the same could be done with Urethane.
While possible I doubt the silver sharpie would actually stick to the urethane and be effective enough urethane rubber is almost impossible to paint which is why we only do the sides so there’s not much touching the color

While possible I doubt the silver sharpie would actually stick to the urethane and be effective enough urethane rubber is almost impossible to paint which is why we only do the sides so there’s not much touching the color
Hmmm, sounds like something I'm gonna have to try cuz I don't really have time to wait 2 weeks for black sharpie to dry LOL. Otherwise totally would go that route. I have two ideas, the sharpie method and perhaps going carefully in the mold with a fine brush to lay silver powder only on the surface and not the walls with silver cast magic powder from Smooth on. I'll experiment.

Hmmm, sounds like something I'm gonna have to try cuz I don't really have time to wait 2 weeks for black sharpie to dry LOL. Otherwise totally would go that route. I have two ideas, the sharpie method and perhaps going carefully in the mold with a fine brush to lay silver powder only on the surface and not the walls with silver cast magic powder from Smooth on. I'll experiment.
Try getting some clear urethane mix it with a lighter graphite (since the only thing that can paint urethane is urethane) until uniform then paint it on the urethane webs.

The original webs were cast in black foam latex and the tops were painted silver. The trick is finding a process that will stick. Might want to investigate how people making rubber Thor sleeves are prepping and sealing their work, since they are making silver colored rubber.

Any idea where I could get this same pattern? I followed the link but it doesn’t exist anymore.
Friend, if you are still looking for the pattern, I can pass you a raimi pattern that has already corrected the shoulder problem, I just need you to leave me an instagram to be able to contact you

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back