My Raimi suit replica (In progress)

So I haven’t actually made a thread before and am new to this replica prop making world but I figured I’d document how I’m making my Raimi spiderman build

The parts I’m using is Kens Raimi pattern and I have purchased the urethane webbings from AegidiusDesigns and the face shell from Animated costume the shoes are just some dress shoes from Walmart that were the right shape and $25 I still need to get a mannequin and make the muscle suit while I wait on the webs, suit, and face shell to arrive I am open to suggestions on anything you guys think would make the suit look better
Hey, I’m about to begin the process of doing something similar with shoes like that. I’ve watched El Fett’s video online about doing it and was a great help.

But I was wondering, what did you do for the soles? Did you use the soles of the Walmart shoes you bought or did you get other soles for the boots? Please let me know.

Suit looks awesome man!

Hey, I’m about to begin the process of doing something similar with shoes like that. I’ve watched El Fett’s video online about doing it and was a great help.

But I was wondering, what did you do for the soles? Did you use the soles of the Walmart shoes you bought or did you get other soles for the boots? Please let me know.

Suit looks awesome man!
I actually purchased some red rubber sole material off of amazon that was a decent price and works well

The updated suit came in today

Attachments

• 56DAF308-9444-4188-B915-2D09078F1ED3.jpeg
    56DAF308-9444-4188-B915-2D09078F1ED3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 242
The updated suit came in today
Dude it looks epic! You are still using printcostume right? I'm getting mines done by heroestime. It's still being made but should get here early December :) Also did they send you a variety of blue color tones to choose from? These were the choices I got and I went with number 4

Attachments

• f5963284a8e4aa991952c89bfd8444b2378 (1).jpg
    f5963284a8e4aa991952c89bfd8444b2378 (1).jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 139
Dude it looks epic! You are still using printcostume right? I'm getting mines done by heroestime. It's still being made but should get here early December :) Also did they send you a variety of blue color tones to choose from? These were the choices I got and I went with number 4
I am still using print costume however I actually had the blue sections printed on white fabric that way the shading came out perfectly and will fade and stretch like how you see in the movie the red part is still printed on red fabric

I am still using print costume however I actually had the blue sections printed on white fabric that way the shading came out perfectly and will fade and stretch like how you see in the movie the red part is still printed on red fabric
Nice! it should be great honestly! Since red is really the only color that is noticeably lighter when the fabric is stretched. Also here are the results I got from the tests they sent me. I picked number 4 but they tested anyways to make sure haha

Attachments

• Catch28AC(11-18-19-26-34).jpg
    Catch28AC(11-18-19-26-34).jpg
    343 KB · Views: 157
Nice! it should be great honestly! Since red is really the only color that is noticeably lighter when the fabric is stretched. Also here are the results I got from the tests they sent me. I picked number 4 but they tested anyways to make sure haha
That looks pretty great keep in mind depending the pattern hero’s time does alter the neck so just make sure you let them know to keep the neck the same as the pattern and sew it properly

That looks pretty great keep in mind depending the pattern hero’s time does alter the neck so just make sure you let them know to keep the neck the same as the pattern and sew it properly
Wait how do they alter it? Do they detach the neck or something? I did order the separated mask option which may contribute to that problem. I'll let them know tho

They added additional lines to mine once then denied they ever did it.

Like, come on! I know my pattern, I made it myself.
For real tho hero’s time has decent fabric but horrible customer service I have exactly one suit from them and while the print is crisp the sewing is lack luster and the way they install their shoes is horrible

For real tho hero’s time has decent fabric but horrible customer service I have exactly one suit from them and while the print is crisp the sewing is lack luster and the way they install their shoes is horrible
Why am I not surprised?

Their printing is so good, but they sometimes they just do their own thing which is frustrating. I remember trying to get them to print a Raimi paternal movie scale, and they outright refused to NOT scale it. haha

Why am I not surprised?

Their printing is so good, but they sometimes they just do their own thing which is frustrating. I remember trying to get them to print a Raimi paternal movie scale, and they outright refused to NOT scale it. haha
Yup that’s the difference between hero’stime and print costume you can literally ask printcostume so cut up and color the suit however you want hell they even offer custom lenses now it’s the reason they are the king of budget suits

Hey I just wanna point something out that a lot of Raimi fans don't know is that only the red sections are colored if you go on insta and look for @ryanbatchellerart who worked on the original sm1 and 2 suits you can see red airbrush residue on the unsewn sections of the suit but there is no blue airbrush residue so there for its best If you get a suit with only the red colored, however I can't confirm this for a 2002 suit.

Hey I just wanna point something out that a lot of Raimi fans don't know is that only the red sections are colored if you go on insta and look for @ryanbatchellerart who worked on the original sm1 and 2 suits you can see red airbrush residue on the unsewn sections of the suit but there is no blue airbrush residue so there for its best If you get a suit with only the red colored.
I know my new suit has red colored fabric for the red sections and white fabric for the blue

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back