My R2-D2 - 4.5 years in the making

Thanks for the compliments. As mentioned, I couldn't have done it, for many reasons without the R2Builders community.

Originally posted by TFrosst@Mar 19 2006, 01:23 PM
How did you make the "gonk" droid?  Any info on that?
[snapback]1208758[/snapback]​
He's almost completely sratchbuilt...a timber frame/legs. Plastic sides...a lot of filling and sanding. I did that one over 6 years ago...I might have some vaguely useful photos somewhere.

Originally posted by DrMaul@Mar 18 2006, 02:42 PM
PS: the Death Star set is, of course, fully inspired by the excellent one seen/displayed in the R2Builders room at Celebration 3.
[snapback]1208388[/snapback]​
NICE ... at least you don't need a U-haul to transport it

I admit it got a little crazy :D but I'd do it all over again.

Great R2 and Gonk btw....

Originally posted by DrMaul+Mar 19 2006, 08:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrMaul @ Mar 19 2006, 08:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TFrosst
@Mar 19 2006, 01:23 PM
How did you make the "gonk" droid?  Any info on that?
[snapback]1208758[/snapback]​
He's almost completely sratchbuilt...a timber frame/legs. Plastic sides...a lot of filling and sanding. I did that one over 6 years ago...I might have some vaguely useful photos somewhere.
[snapback]1208914[/snapback]​
[/b]

Some pics would be great. Can you take a couple of pics as it is now and maybe a few dimensions ;) ?

He's 1070mm tall (legs are 290mm tall), and around the middle (the "equator" band), he's 600mm x 440mm. The legs extend all the way inside and mount to a frame at the equator.

gonkw02.jpg
gonkw01.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back