My prop room/office/studio/cave/ whatever you call it.

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Thought Id post up some pics of my display room (or whatever you gys wanna call it.).

room1b.jpg

room2b.jpg

room3b.jpg

room4b.jpg

room5b.jpg

room7b.jpg

room6b.jpg

DS

Beautiful room Pat, retro without looking cheesy :thumbsup

I'm also a little surprised that a room full of cold colors (the blues & grays) still seems "warm" & inviting. :lol

Thanks guys.

Can you share more about the speeder and ex-wing models? More pics or info on them?[/b]

Basically they're standard "off the shelf models" I built some 10-15 years ago.
My digicam is running low on juice right now but Ill post some pics tomorrow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ToothTech @ Apr 30 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]1235744[/snapback]</div>
Beautiful room Pat, retro without looking cheesy :thumbsup
I'm also a little surprised that a room full of cold colors (the blues & grays) still seems "warm" & inviting. :lol
[/b]

Yeah, I wanted to keep the walls a monotone greyish blue color to give it the illusion of a B&W film (plus it would also make the posters pop more). I thought about different color schemes and decided that with the greyish blue walls the best bet would be to have movie posters with split complimentary colors ( The warm colors you talked about - reddish orange, orangish yellow)...

After I get married Im planning on movie and Ill probably go for a more authentic 1940's private eye office look -

[image]http://www.maxarea.com/clanky/tutorialy/privateoffice.jpg[/image] (Except with the same color scheme I have now)

DS

Thanks Howard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TFrosst @ Apr 30 2006, 05:54 AM) [snapback]1235808[/snapback]</div>
Is that a skull island map I see next to the kong poster?
[/b]

Yeah, Skull Island map from the 1933 King Kong.

DS

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back