My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival : The Godfather

You have got some mad skills. I have seen a number of these 3D printed Re-breathers and none look as great as yours. Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:cool::)

Your collection is fun because each time you update I also see something else in it I missed.:):cool:(y):love:

Thank you James , I'm happy you like :) (y) , I try to make the pics 'interesting' as much as I can ... unless new stuff goes in the same area :lol:

No introduction necessary for the ZF-1 from The Fifth Element, nor for its remote I presume ....

0sg1.jpg

0sg2.jpg

Been wading for ages through ebay et al to find one of the many versions of the original games that used this shell, with no luck.

So 3D printing to the rescue (again), which I put together, fixed up, & an uncomplicated paint job.

1.jpg

2.jpg

And I put it next to the Mangalore Grenade :)

3.jpg

4.jpg

I am of course refering to the mask used by Anck Su Namum in her fight scene with Nefertiri in The Mummy Returns, this one on the left :

2.jpg

3.jpg

It seems that there are no pictures of the original prop other than in screencaps. The only one I found was one with a Prop Store watermark, but I could not trace the auction. Could have been a replica, because I am quite sure it wasn't a screen or production-used one.

1.jpg

So depending on screencaps it is. Thankfully, there are quite a few to be had, and with rather excellent detail.

One of my main objectives to make this replica, was to give it the feel of having been used in combat.

The hero prop was nowhere near perfect, full of dings, scratches, bumps, dents, warts and bruises, as can clearly be seen in the screencaps.

And it plays the part perfectly on screen just as it is.

I also wanted to give it the look of having been made during the time period, being forged / hammered / molten metal joined etc, just like the hero prop.

I took far less artistic liberty than I usually do for this one, as it is a replica I wished to be as close as possible to the original. Not perfect, but so long as it screams ''Anck Su Namun's fighting mask !!'' , I'd be happy :)

Although I am sort of ok with sculpting ... I don't do faces :lol:

So I had to find a mask as a base.

It didn't take me too long, and I found one. Before buying it (all $6 plastic of it :lol:), I resized / scaled (not warped to fit) the listing image superimposed onto one of the screencaps.

Except for the top left & right corner borders which would have to be more ''open'', I think it's a dead ringer.

4.jpg

Once it arrived, I zoomed in on a couple of screencaps till they were the same size as the mask I got and traced them out on to an old file binder plastic.

Those, together with printed screencaps, I hoped would keep me on track during the build

5.jpg

I started by cutting out the ''wing'' parts from balsa wood. Although balsa wood is perfect to shape into almost anything, it is smooth, and this was quite the opposite of what I wanted. I'd take care of that in the finishing.

In order to get the precise size, I cut the 'flaps' using the proportionate screencap tracing.

6.jpg

I then stuck the mask on to a manequin head, in order for it to be display-ready, and secondly, so as to keep the mask firmly in place to work on.

Spacers on the inside kept it stable and achieved the correct overall shape.

7.jpg

Next step .... off to the hairdresser :lol:

Stuck on braids, and put decorative clasps on the ends.

8.jpg

I then sculpted the raised parts with air-drying clay and stuck on a piece of string to simulate the edge decoration (see blue circle in printed screencap in the 3rd image).

9.jpg

And here it is painted & finished

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

And here the full view with it on the central unit bottom part, which I dedicated totally to The Mummy / Returns :)

19.jpg

20.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrivals - Forrest Gump (Part 2 - Finished Disp

:):thumbsup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's Part 2. Finally done :D

First, the Forrest Gump Standee

View attachment 1528239

View attachment 1528240

(Thankfully, a mini version :ninja)

Finally, the "Gump-Mao - Austria - Special Edition Table Tennis Set" box. Outer box by Gus Weber, "filling" assembled by me.

View attachment 1528241

View attachment 1528242

View attachment 1528243

View attachment 1528244

View attachment 1528245

And the full display :)

View attachment 1528246
Did you build the box of the Ping Pong from scratch or did you find the version they used

Bit of a fusion this one, between the original movie & Afterlife, together with proportion ... just the way I like it :)

The Ghostbusters firehouse sign .....

0.jpg

The Map from Afterlife .....

1.jpg

And the Aztec Death Whistle from Afterlife.

2.jpg

2a.jpg

So here's the Sign .....

3.jpg

And the Map with the Death Whistle.

Map is Indy Magnoli 's in miniature (with thanks for permission)

The Whistle is made by Jediguy , weathered by yours truly.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Put them all in the appropriate vicinity of some other Ghostbuster stuff :)

10.jpg

And once again, hail 3D technology, that has allowed to obtain 2 more previously, either as rare as a hen's tooth, or very expensive, prop replicas.

Quite a lot of work went into 'getting rid' of the 3d-print telltale signs, but they were definitely worth it I think.

First up, from it's first appearance in the Star Trek TNG episode ''The Most Toys'', the vicious Varon-T disruptor owned by Kivas Fajo, making other appearances in the same & other forms in the Star Trek franchise.

But the 'original' is 'best' IMO, since it plays a main part.

0.jpg

0b.jpg

0c.jpg

0d.jpg

And the finished replica

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Placed here ...

6.jpg

And from Star Trek TOS, I think no introduction is needed for the Laser Rifle used by Kirk in ''Where No Man Has Gone Before''

0.jpg

The replica, which has a rotating barrel, was quite a challenge to fix up, but this is the end result :

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

And placed here ....

10.jpg

Those look awesome! You have some mad skills. I have trouble with building and painting a simple plastic model.

Thanks a bunch !

A 'work in progress' pic of the Varon-T (only one I took really) ..... It's the sanding that kills you lol

wip.jpg

The rifle was another story .... To be fair, the listing did show it with all the 3D signs, warts, etc

And to be honest, I did not intend touching it.

Unfortunately, while the listing images showed it to be the colour as it is seen on screen, what arrived was totally grey, not even a hint of blue.

So I said what the heck, and did the 3D sanding too before repainting it.

Took 3 goes before I got it right.

This was the first one. When I finished and the paint dried, I realised that the 3D marks were still showing, so I had to redo it ...

.... then I got the shade of blue wrong lol

wip2.jpg

These were the clearly visibile 3D marks, warts etc (from the listing, and as I received it).

b41.jpg

I was going to leave it as is, because even that shade of blue would have been OK with me.

But this is what arrived (listing -on the left - vs what came)

b42.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! I’ve always loved the Varon T disruptor! May I ask where you got the files?

Sean

Thank you Sean :)

I looked around before getting this.

There are free files on thingiverse here.

Or for $25 from cgtrader, here.

Since I am not proficient with 3D files & have no idea how to resize if necessary etc on shapeways etc, plus I have no printer, I decided to buy mine as a ready 3D printed kit from Etsy from the same place I got the Mangalore Grenade.

The cgtrader one seems to be the exact same confirguation & model that I have.

If you choose to go down the ready kit route, there was one part (the first set of fins) that was almost literally fused to the supports & it took a friends' micro-lathe to free it.

The seller was / is fantastic though, and even though I told him to wait before sending a replacement part, he sent one anyway. I finished the Varon-T with the original part before it arrived.

b.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back