My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival : The Godfather

While waiting for a few items to arrive I decided to first give the prop room a tiny, but long-overdue face-lift. I started with the entrance. Have something in mind for inside but that will come later.

Way back in around 2009, this is what the entrance looked like, an archway which I had to shut off due to the cat, basically plastic mesh on a wooden frame.

1.jpg

A few years down the line I utilised that space to hang the Federation Flag & Ghostbusters painting

2.jpg

But the other side was ... yuk

3.jpg

......... not any more :lol:

4 copy.jpg

A tribute to one of my favourite Trek characters :)

m.jpg

(Menu design credit - ooakfolk)

Last edited:
Looks,great,Alan !

Thanks Gary, much appreciated :)

Dude, you seriously need to charge admission to your place. It really is a pop culture museum!

Stay tuned for a face-lift on the inside next Armando. Gotta make way for new stuff on the way :devil:

Way back in 2010, the first reply to this thread was ''you are seriously running out of space''

I will beg to differ shortly :lol:

Started getting up to date with a few models I have. Some were finished but unpainted, others half way, and others still in the box.

I started off by painting the models from Independence Day, the Spacecraft & the Alien

IDa1.jpg

IDa2.jpg

IDa3.jpg

al.jpg

IDss1.jpg

IDss2.jpg

20220129_050832.jpg

sp.jpg

And I continued on the Titanic model.

I last worked on it / updated, way back in March 2012, almost 10 years ago :lol: (see post #907)

I have now done 2 out of 4 levels of decking.

titanic1.jpg

titanic2.jpg

And once I've finished that, I still have these to do

models.jpg

I think I bought those in like 2010 :lol:

And finally, here's stage 1 of 3 of how to create space in a place where I was told was not possible ....... abracadabra !

Before on the left, after on the right. (spot the unpainted ID4 models on the left)

cornerba.jpg

20220128_090255.jpg

Stages 2 & 3 will follow in due course :)

Last edited:
So while waiting for Part 3 that is going to take a while longer, here's Part 2 of the creation of space. Pretty small change compared to what's coming in Part 3 :lol:

The Bajoran Ark of the Prophets from DS9 was sitting on a small table ...

1.jpg

... which I have now substituted for a small set of shelving ....

2.jpg

.... which allowed me to put the Hatch display from Lost there .....

3.jpg

... leaving this space clear for something that's on the way.

4.jpg

Next, a little upgrade to the main Cabinet. The bottom shelf never really got enough light, so I bought 4 small wireless LED spotlights ...

1bsd.jpg

Really made the stuff pop out. Before ....

2bwo.jpg

After ...

3bw.jpg

5mbw.jpg

And in the meantime, stuff has started to trickle in. Picked me up 2 small things from Stargate.

A 3D print Wraith Dart which I painted .....

dart1.jpg

dart2.jpg

Wider placement view ....

dartdisp.jpg

And a Goa'uld Sarcophagus (also 3D printed). Love the details on this :)

sarc1.jpg

sarc2.jpg

sarc3.jpg

sarc4.jpg

Placed here ...

sarcdisp.jpg

I hope that by the end of next week Part 3 will be finished :devil:

Have a nice weekend everybody :)

Goa'uld sarcophagus in gold PLA. Looks great. I love some of the shiny PLA's they offer now.

And what a perfect medium for this particular model I think :)

3D technology has come such a long way in the past few years. The detail on the Wraith Dart amazed me too. I'll look for a Dart I bought some 6 years ago and take / post a pic when I find it.

Having been VERY much inspired by Daniel's DaBuild Jumanji Board transformation using the toy from ''Spin Master'', I decided to give it a shot.

My Jumanji Board was made by Markpoon here on the board, so anyone who got one from him can follow this mod to do theirs in this way if they wish.

Enter one under $50 Jumanji Board game ......

game.jpg

jj.jpg

....... immediately gutted to extract the electronics.

1.jpg

I simply unscrewed the 5 fixing points from underneath, and it comes out as a whole component very easily.

The bright green dome it comes with is also easily removed by unscrewing 3 further screws keeping it in place.

2.jpg

The primary intention for the dome that came with Markpoon's board was not meant to be used to place an LCD screen under it, so it had quite a few scratches and was not polished.

Some ultra-fine sandpaper and subsequent polish with a cleaning solution for silver did the trick.

3.jpg

I then carved out a space for the extracted electronics.

Everything is exactly ''as is'', ie no modifications made to the component I extracted from the game.

The only thing I did was remove the ''on / off'' switch from it's casing, and cut the wires.

A hole was also made on the side to insert the switch, which I later rejoined.

4.jpg

Those with a Markpoon board will have to cut it in order to allow the dome to pop up from underneath.

6.jpg

After placing the board game top over the LCD screen, I added small bits of plastic (later painted black) in order to raise the space for the dome to be flush with the bottom of the board.

5.jpg

I placed (no need for glue) the dome on top of those plastic thingies and that was it.

Total time, 2.5 hours.

This is the result ...... (best viewed directly on youtube for size)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    720 KB · Views: 72
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 73
  • jj.jpg
    jj.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 75
  • game.jpg
    game.jpg
    665.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back