My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival : The Godfather

I haven’t been on the forums in so long, I noticed your thread hasn’t been updated in a few years, how’s the collection?

Truth is, it's not that I stopped collecting for lack of interest in the hobby, but because there is nothing left on my ''must have !'' list.

There is, however, one item that I did not post, the last thing I had obtained ...... and now's as good a time as any I suppose :)

From Charmed, the Book of Shadows - It's a fantastic piece that was one of my holy grails. Every single page is illustrated.

booksh1-980x744.jpg

booksh2-976x741.jpg

booksh3-972x738.jpg

booksh4-976x741.jpg

Wow nice piece, glad to hear your safe and sound. That’s a bit of a strange one, it’s great you have everything prop wise on your must have list but also a bit sad that there’s no more additions, for you and all of us of course ;) I’ve enjoyed following Your collection over the years

Alive & kicking buddy ! :cool: ..... just going bananas being stuck on this rock with no chance to travel :(

Glad to hear you're fine! (y):D
Sadly I can't help to get you of your "rock"... But many people travel there to have a vacation, so it can't be that bad ;)
I'm sure, chatting with us will help you feel a little less wanderlust.
Take care my friend!

Soooooooooo, long time no see !

No big news prop-wise to report for the past 1.5+ years. Although I did pick up some rather minor trinkets, definitely not at the pace as previously.

20211230_085848.jpg

Lawkeeper badge from Defiance, Treasue Map key from Grimm, and pin from Tomorrowland.

However, after just finishing the annual prop room cleaning, entailing 3 days, a 1'' paintbrush & many naughty words, it feels like I might have gotten my interest peaked again :devil:

Picked up a couple of items yesterday , but with shipping speed as it is nowadays, may be weeks on end till they arrive.

I hope to rekindle this fire, maybe with a build or two down the line (have a few ideas already :lol:)

As a parting shot & hope to see you all soon with new stuff, might as well test the wide-angle function on my new cellphone :lol:

20211230_091428(0).jpg

20211230_091507.jpg

20211230_091536.jpg

20211230_091606.jpg

Last edited:
At the moment I am going through this thread, as well as all my build threads, one page at a time, to fix the broken links of all the pics, one post at a time, due to a technical incompatibility.

Feeling very, very nostalgic, as this thread is like a historical record of my hobby & collection, as well as of all personal interactions with members here spanning over a decade ! I started this thread on 10 December 2010, when the collection was at around 20% of what it is today.

I also just realised that I know exactly which replica I got when, & from who / where, all the mods made to replicas, when the models were built, as well as how the room itself evolved.

Came across, and thought I'd re-share, this post from November 2013, at a point when the collection was at around 75% of what it is today.

Hope all my friends here, as well as newer members, (re) enjoy :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our youngest wanted a Samsung Tablet recently, and me not being one to give free lunches just because, I made a deal with him.

I bought him the tablet, but made him ‘sell’ me his Samsung Galaxy S3 as part ‘payment’ towards the tablet, and the rest came out of his birthday & Xmas money.

So now I have a spanking S3 and can take some relatively decent videos :lol

This first one is of the prop room and some other related areas.

Here’s the deal.

Ignore :

1 – The cats.

2 – The dirt and/or mess.

3 – Reflections.

4 – Blinding bright flashes of light (Sorry, I can’t control the sun :lol)

5 – Which quickly turn to almost total darkness (I don’t know how to control the light levels on this camera either OK :lol ?)

6 – The cat howling to get into the prop room.

7 – My rambling.

8 – Any shaking. (This camera is way too frackin’ light, and its not easy to walk backwards ! )

Oh, like that wasn’t enough, I also don’t know how to edit (yet), so this is a continuous video using record, pause & resume only.

If you don’t mind all that , enjoy :)

It took 2 hours to convert 1.5 Gigs from MP4 to AVI, and another 1.5 hours to upload it to youtube, so enjoy :darnkids

:lol

If there is any particular replica or area you want to see more of, just let me know :)

Last edited:
I am I awe of your collection,
The video of your prop room reminds me of my favorite scene(s) in my favorite movie(s):
The big “Armory Room” reveal lol
(See: Kick Ass, Terminator2, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, The Kingsman, John Wick, Q’s lab in the James Bond series,and every Batman film haha!)

Great to see you again Alan, I've been feeling rather nostalgic myself lately (kid grown and talking about moving out). Now that I'm in a house instead of my fifth wheel it might be time to make some props again. Touring your prop room is very inspiring! :cool: (y)

I am I awe of your collection,
The video of your prop room reminds me of my favorite scene(s) in my favorite movie(s):
The big “Armory Room” reveal lol
(See: Kick Ass, Terminator2, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, The Kingsman, John Wick, Q’s lab in the James Bond series,and every Batman film haha!)

Thank you :)

nice collection,thank you for showing us around(y)

My pleasure :)

Great to see you again Alan, I've been feeling rather nostalgic myself lately (kid grown and talking about moving out). Now that I'm in a house instead of my fifth wheel it might be time to make some props again. Touring your prop room is very inspiring! :cool: (y)

Hey Andrew buddy ! Nice to see you too !

Got you beaten hands down ..... out of 3, all left the house, youngest last February .... & the eldest got married last June. Maybe it'll be ''Yo gramps'' soon :lol:

I must say though, I am very much enjoying getting my life back all to myself :lol:

At the moment I am going through this thread, as well as all my build threads, one page at a time, to fix the broken links of all the pics, one post at a time, due to a technical incompatibility.

Feeling very, very nostalgic, as this thread is like a historical record of my hobby & collection, as well as of all personal interactions with members here spanning over a decade ! I started this thread on 10 December 2010, when the collection was at around 20% of what it is today.

I also just realised that I know exactly which replica I got when, & from who / where, all the mods made to replicas, when the models were built, as well as how the room itself evolved.

Came across, and thought I'd re-share, this post from November 2013, at a point when the collection was at around 75% of what it is today.

Hope all my friends here, as well as newer members, (re) enjoy :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our youngest wanted a Samsung Tablet recently, and me not being one to give free lunches just because, I made a deal with him.

I bought him the tablet, but made him ‘sell’ me his Samsung Galaxy S3 as part ‘payment’ towards the tablet, and the rest came out of his birthday & Xmas money.

So now I have a spanking S3 and can take some relatively decent videos :lol

This first one is of the prop room and some other related areas.

Here’s the deal.

Ignore :

1 – The cats.

2 – The dirt and/or mess.

3 – Reflections.

4 – Blinding bright flashes of light (Sorry, I can’t control the sun :lol)

5 – Which quickly turn to almost total darkness (I don’t know how to control the light levels on this camera either OK :lol ?)

6 – The cat howling to get into the prop room.

7 – My rambling.

8 – Any shaking. (This camera is way too frackin’ light, and its not easy to walk backwards ! )

Oh, like that wasn’t enough, I also don’t know how to edit (yet), so this is a continuous video using record, pause & resume only.

If you don’t mind all that , enjoy :)

It took 2 hours to convert 1.5 Gigs from MP4 to AVI, and another 1.5 hours to upload it to youtube, so enjoy :darnkids

:lol

If there is any particular replica or area you want to see more of, just let me know :)

"Meow!" - "Forget it!" :lol::lol::lol:
Your collection always leaves me with my jaw dropped. Just awesome!
And I'm glad you are back!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back