My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival : The Magicians

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Alan,It's beautiful ! A great job !

Thank you so much Gary. Your appreciation encourages me to do more.

Stay tuned, in around a month or two I should have something in particular ready (I hope) that I think you'll like.

So long, because unfortunately I have to source some minor items from abroad and the international postal system is still at a snail's pace.

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
From Justice League, Aquaman's Quindent (?) (why not tri /3 is beyond me, but there you have it :lol:, it looks cool anyway :cool:) , borrowed from Mera.

1.jpg

And the replica is not at all small !

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The details are rather well made ...

6.jpg

Biggest problem was where to put it.

Living on an island, I just followed the local construction maxim : build up if you can't go sideways :lol:

7.jpg

8.jpg

But in the grand scheme of things, I think it fit in rather nicely :)

9.jpg

Last edited:

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just loved the small wireless spotlights that I got a month ago & which I placed to illuminate the much needed bottom shelf of the main cabinet.

So I got me another 6 :lol:

Here is where I put 3 of them ....

One on the Hatch model from Lost

a.jpg

One on the Indiana Jones Ark & Grail

c.jpg

And one on the Indiana Jones Idol

b.jpg

Finally, I think the main cabinet is now well illuminated :)

d.jpg

e.jpg

As for spotlight number 4, I will soon post that, once I finish what it will be illuminating :ninja:

Number 5 is ''taken'' as well, but that will be in a month or two.

Number 6 is ... well, I'm sure I'll think of something down the line.

They came in pairs, it just happened that way :lol:

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here comes spotlight number 4 ........

From Stargate Atlantis, a model of the city of Atlantis.

Picked me up a 3D printed kit, and after many naughty words through cleaning, putting it together and going cross-eyed painting it, here it is, after the screencap :)

1 SG.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

And of course, it has to have a force field :lol:

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There are some prop replicas that one dearly wishes for, but that are absolutely not widely available (except for a custom commission ?), and because maybe they are too 'complex' to make from scratch.

For me, amongst others, 2 of these are from The Mummy Returns

The Spear of Osiris .....

1.jpg

.... and the Sai used in the fighting scene between Nefertiti & Anck Su Namun ....

2.jpg

Then I recently stumbled upon some very reasonably priced 3D printed kits of these online.

Although I must admit that the 'advert' pictures clearly showed some stepping, warts etc, in no way was I expecting what I received.

The stepping was substantial, endless warts etc, and, cherry on the cake, there was no tip to the Sai (unlike the 'advert' pics). They just ended in a rather large 'plateau'.

Besides the material used being hard as rock and almost unsandable, I was so frustrated, I unfortunately failed to take any 'progress' pics of fixing them up, except for these two images, which was the first thing I did; fabricating the tips of the Sai.

2a.jpg

So you've been spared the boring progress pics :lol:, and fast forward to the end result, finished over the weekend :)

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

And I also made good use of spotlight number 6 :)

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't know why some sellers have so much trouble with the concept of, "show me exactly what I'm getting."

Agreed.

Other than the enormous amount of work it took, I must say that the designs are absolutely spot on, and all being said, I am extremely happy at how they turned out in the end :)

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
At the same time I was working on the Spear of Osiris & the Sai, I was making this, also from a 3D kit.

Now finished, here's a Mangalore Grenade from The Fifth Element.

Again, yet another of those elusive replicas I wished for, brought to life & obtainable in the ongoing progressive age of 3D technology :), and yet another spot-on design.

0SG.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

After around 30 photos (I really do not like my current camera & it's dislike for detail / closeups) :lol:), I finally managed to get a decent one of the grip ...

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Put it here ...

7.jpg

This kit was a pleasure to work on, easy sanding etc :)

Last edited:

Gladney

There are some prop replicas that one dearly wishes for, but that are absolutely not widely available (except for a custom commission ?), and because maybe they are too 'complex' to make from scratch.

For me, amongst others, 2 of these are from The Mummy Returns

The Spear of Osiris .....

View attachment 1560386

.... and the Sai used in the fighting scene between Nefertiti & Anck Su Namun ....

View attachment 1560387

Then I recently stumbled upon some very reasonably priced 3D printed kits of these online.

Although I must admit that the 'advert' pictures clearly showed some stepping, warts etc, in no way was I expecting what I received.

The stepping was substantial, endless warts etc, and, cherry on the cake, there was no tip to the Sai (unlike the 'advert' pics). They just ended in a rather large 'plateau'.

Besides the material used being hard as rock and almost unsandable, I was so frustrated, I unfortunately failed to take any 'progress' pics of fixing them up, except for these two images, which was the first thing I did; fabricating the tips of the Sai.

View attachment 1560392

So you've been spared the boring progress pics :lol:, and fast forward to the end result, finished over the weekend :)

View attachment 1560410

View attachment 1560411

View attachment 1560412

View attachment 1560413

And I also made good use of spotlight number 6 :)

View attachment 1560414

View attachment 1560415
Alan,These are beautiful! Great work,my friend !!

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Alan,These are beautiful! Great work,my friend !!

Cheers Gary :)

To be honest, and I am truly not trying to blow any trumpets here, to me, the Sai are amongst the top 3 most beautiful items of the entire collection.

I think it's a mixture of always wanting to have replicas of these, them being previously unobtainable, and the effort it took to finish them.

I definitely cannot take credit for the design though, whoever did these is a true digital artist.

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ra, from Stargate (the Movie)

sg1.jpg

sg2.jpg

sg3.jpg

sg4.jpg

And in that ''iconic'' pose, this MRC 1/9 scale model from 1994, which I had been eyeing on & off for the best part of a decade.

I finally decided to get it.

1.jpg

The proposed colour scheme was of course, way, way off.

To keep me on track, I printed out some screengrabs & got to it.

2.jpg

And the final result

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

And put it here ....

10.jpg

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The rebreather from James Bond - Thunderball.

0sg1.jpg

0sg2.jpg

0sg3.jpg

And yet another one now available 3D printed.

Forgot to take a ''before'' picture, but here's one from the listing.

1.jpg

Needed some minor work, & I also drilled holes to make it more accurate.

Sanded & primed.

2.jpg

Sprayed chrome & then painted transparent yellow.

3.jpg

Bla bla bla, yada yada yada :lol: ... here it is finished, together with a Romeo y Julieta cigar tube.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Put this one in the main display cabinet ...

6.jpg

Last edited:

Jamesfett

Sr Member
You have got some mad skills. I have seen a number of these 3D printed Re-breathers and none look as great as yours. Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:cool::)

Your collection is fun because each time you update I also see something else in it I missed.:):cool:(y):love:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.