My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival : The Godfather

Alan,It's beautiful ! A great job !

Thank you so much Gary. Your appreciation encourages me to do more.

Stay tuned, in around a month or two I should have something in particular ready (I hope) that I think you'll like.

So long, because unfortunately I have to source some minor items from abroad and the international postal system is still at a snail's pace.

From Justice League, Aquaman's Quindent (?) (why not tri /3 is beyond me, but there you have it :lol:, it looks cool anyway :cool:) , borrowed from Mera.

1.jpg

And the replica is not at all small !

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The details are rather well made ...

6.jpg

Biggest problem was where to put it.

Living on an island, I just followed the local construction maxim : build up if you can't go sideways :lol:

7.jpg

8.jpg

But in the grand scheme of things, I think it fit in rather nicely :)

9.jpg

Last edited:
I just loved the small wireless spotlights that I got a month ago & which I placed to illuminate the much needed bottom shelf of the main cabinet.

So I got me another 6 :lol:

Here is where I put 3 of them ....

One on the Hatch model from Lost

a.jpg

One on the Indiana Jones Ark & Grail

c.jpg

And one on the Indiana Jones Idol

b.jpg

Finally, I think the main cabinet is now well illuminated :)

d.jpg

e.jpg

As for spotlight number 4, I will soon post that, once I finish what it will be illuminating :ninja:

Number 5 is ''taken'' as well, but that will be in a month or two.

Number 6 is ... well, I'm sure I'll think of something down the line.

They came in pairs, it just happened that way :lol:

Here comes spotlight number 4 ........

From Stargate Atlantis, a model of the city of Atlantis.

Picked me up a 3D printed kit, and after many naughty words through cleaning, putting it together and going cross-eyed painting it, here it is, after the screencap :)

1 SG.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

And of course, it has to have a force field :lol:

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:
There are some prop replicas that one dearly wishes for, but that are absolutely not widely available (except for a custom commission ?), and because maybe they are too 'complex' to make from scratch.

For me, amongst others, 2 of these are from The Mummy Returns

The Spear of Osiris .....

1.jpg

.... and the Sai used in the fighting scene between Nefertiti & Anck Su Namun ....

2.jpg

Then I recently stumbled upon some very reasonably priced 3D printed kits of these online.

Although I must admit that the 'advert' pictures clearly showed some stepping, warts etc, in no way was I expecting what I received.

The stepping was substantial, endless warts etc, and, cherry on the cake, there was no tip to the Sai (unlike the 'advert' pics). They just ended in a rather large 'plateau'.

Besides the material used being hard as rock and almost unsandable, I was so frustrated, I unfortunately failed to take any 'progress' pics of fixing them up, except for these two images, which was the first thing I did; fabricating the tips of the Sai.

2a.jpg

So you've been spared the boring progress pics :lol:, and fast forward to the end result, finished over the weekend :)

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

And I also made good use of spotlight number 6 :)

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why some sellers have so much trouble with the concept of, "show me exactly what I'm getting."

Agreed.

Other than the enormous amount of work it took, I must say that the designs are absolutely spot on, and all being said, I am extremely happy at how they turned out in the end :)

At the same time I was working on the Spear of Osiris & the Sai, I was making this, also from a 3D kit.

Now finished, here's a Mangalore Grenade from The Fifth Element.

Again, yet another of those elusive replicas I wished for, brought to life & obtainable in the ongoing progressive age of 3D technology :), and yet another spot-on design.

0SG.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

After around 30 photos (I really do not like my current camera & it's dislike for detail / closeups) :lol:), I finally managed to get a decent one of the grip ...

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Put it here ...

7.jpg

This kit was a pleasure to work on, easy sanding etc :)

Last edited:
There are some prop replicas that one dearly wishes for, but that are absolutely not widely available (except for a custom commission ?), and because maybe they are too 'complex' to make from scratch.

For me, amongst others, 2 of these are from The Mummy Returns

The Spear of Osiris .....

View attachment 1560386

.... and the Sai used in the fighting scene between Nefertiti & Anck Su Namun ....

View attachment 1560387

Then I recently stumbled upon some very reasonably priced 3D printed kits of these online.

Although I must admit that the 'advert' pictures clearly showed some stepping, warts etc, in no way was I expecting what I received.

The stepping was substantial, endless warts etc, and, cherry on the cake, there was no tip to the Sai (unlike the 'advert' pics). They just ended in a rather large 'plateau'.

Besides the material used being hard as rock and almost unsandable, I was so frustrated, I unfortunately failed to take any 'progress' pics of fixing them up, except for these two images, which was the first thing I did; fabricating the tips of the Sai.

View attachment 1560392

So you've been spared the boring progress pics :lol:, and fast forward to the end result, finished over the weekend :)

View attachment 1560410

View attachment 1560411

View attachment 1560412

View attachment 1560413

And I also made good use of spotlight number 6 :)

View attachment 1560414

View attachment 1560415
Alan,These are beautiful! Great work,my friend !!

Alan,These are beautiful! Great work,my friend !!

Cheers Gary :)

To be honest, and I am truly not trying to blow any trumpets here, to me, the Sai are amongst the top 3 most beautiful items of the entire collection.

I think it's a mixture of always wanting to have replicas of these, them being previously unobtainable, and the effort it took to finish them.

I definitely cannot take credit for the design though, whoever did these is a true digital artist.

Ra, from Stargate (the Movie)

sg1.jpg

sg2.jpg

sg3.jpg

sg4.jpg

And in that ''iconic'' pose, this MRC 1/9 scale model from 1994, which I had been eyeing on & off for the best part of a decade.

I finally decided to get it.

1.jpg

The proposed colour scheme was of course, way, way off.

To keep me on track, I printed out some screengrabs & got to it.

2.jpg

And the final result

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

And put it here ....

10.jpg

The rebreather from James Bond - Thunderball.

0sg1.jpg

0sg2.jpg

0sg3.jpg

And yet another one now available 3D printed.

Forgot to take a ''before'' picture, but here's one from the listing.

1.jpg

Needed some minor work, & I also drilled holes to make it more accurate.

Sanded & primed.

2.jpg

Sprayed chrome & then painted transparent yellow.

3.jpg

Bla bla bla, yada yada yada :lol: ... here it is finished, together with a Romeo y Julieta cigar tube.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Put this one in the main display cabinet ...

6.jpg

Last edited:
You have got some mad skills. I have seen a number of these 3D printed Re-breathers and none look as great as yours. Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:cool::)

Your collection is fun because each time you update I also see something else in it I missed.:):cool:(y):love:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back