My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival : The Godfather

And have since found a much more appropriate location in the room for it :)

l.jpg

Thank you !

------------------------------------------

From Star Trek DS 9, this memorable scene where Quark reprograms the replicators with his adverts & Worf is furious with the ''Advert Jingle Mug'' that came out with his prune juice in it :lol:

View attachment 1550142

Been trying for years to get me an identical mug through the ebay daily automatic search notification for ''hotjo mug''. No can do, so got me a very close enough one ... (pic from the purchase listing)

View attachment 1550137

Bye bye logo (1st coat of 3) .....

View attachment 1550138

... and hello replica :)

View attachment 1550139

Put it here for now ....

View attachment 1550140

Bonus Material ...... speakers on ........ :lol:

Behind the scenes :lol:

View attachment 1550141

And it's LOUD ! :lol:
Alan,that is so cool ! Thanks for sharing.

I started on the Bandai Captain Harlock Arcadia today.

If I'm not mistaken, it's a 2001 edition.

Not as big a challenge as the Titanic I finished a couple of weeks ago, although a very welcome change from ''complicated''.

Progress after 2 hours :lol:

20220301_064155.jpg

20220301_090831.jpg

This little fellow is looking forward to welcoming his big brother :)

So I finished the Arcadia yesterday afternoon.

This morning I went to the only decent hobby shop on this rock I live on to buy spray, because I had decided before not to leave the tiny bits apart and paint them before fixing on.

Got home, and BOTH the Tamiya cans I bought were faulty. What came out looked like from a hose pipe instead of a spray can :mad:

No choice, so I bought paint, got home, primed the model and started painting an hour later.

...... if only it had been the model's green instead of primer :lol:

3.jpg

It took over 2.5 hours to get to this point :

4.jpg

Took around 4 hours to do the model itself, looks like it's going to take days to paint it :lol:

Next photos of this model will be when finished :)

Ah man! Always wanted one of those. Buy or make...
Same here!

I admire you guys with (amongst others), skills in electronics. Personally, I'm hopeless in the area :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And here she is finally finished, Captain Harlock's ''Arcadia of my Youth''.

Brings back so many memories of sitting in front of the TV with my cookies, just waiting for the show to start when I was around 11/12 years old :).

Living in Malta in the 70's, we had no colour TV, and 1 (one) local station that was state-owned and pathetic at best. But we used to receive many TV station signals from nearby Italy. Hence ALL my generation speak Italian :lol: as we watched the only TV available and had no choice but to learn, unlike today, where this generation is spoilt for choice with cable, satellite etc.

Anyway, model kit by Bandai, produced 1982, same kit, reboxed only, in 2001.

sg.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I admire you guys with (amongst others), skills in electronics. Personally, I'm hopeless in the area :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And here she is finally finished, Captain Harlock's ''Arcadia of my Youth''.

Brings back so many memories of sitting in front of the TV with my cookies, just waiting for the show to start when I was around 11/12 years old :).

Living in Malta in the 70's, we had no colour TV, and 1 (one) local station that was state-owned and pathetic at best. But we used to receive many TV station signals from nearby Italy. Hence ALL my generation speak Italian :lol: as we watched the only TV available and had no choice but to learn, unlike today, where this generation is spoilt for choice with cable, satellite etc.

Anyway, model kit by Bandai, produced 1982, same kit, reboxed only, in 2001.

View attachment 1553178

View attachment 1553179

View attachment 1553180

View attachment 1553181

View attachment 1553182

View attachment 1553183

View attachment 1553184
Beautiful job as always,Alan !

nice! awe those good ole daze! LOL

Don't know about good, but definitely old :lol:
That looks awesome.

Thanks a bunch ! :)

Beautiful job as always,Alan !

Cheers Gary .... but they don't always turn out well. In fact, I started on the Klingon Battlecruiser ... but after putting it together, the kit was so old some parts didn't fit well / a bit warped. I tried to fix it .... and ruined it.

It's now gone to Sto'Vo'Kor :lol:

Game of Thrones.

Yes, I liked how it ended :lol:

(Really don't know why some complained that it ''didn't have a good ending'')

Thing is, with any ongoing series, I actually wait for it to end, then buy the box set and watch it all without having to wait for a week for the next episode or a month or two till the next season. Maybe that's why I felt the ending was appropriate.

Yes, I waited for 8 years :lol:. The only exception I have ever made was with Star Trek Voyager. I bought Seasons 1-6 while season 7 was still going on. They said the DVD set for season 8 would come out a month later, so I figured by that time, I'd have watched seasons 1-6. It worked out and I got the season 7 set when I had started season 6 :).

Anyway, since I've now watched Game of Thrones twice (so far), I thought it deserved a representation in the prop room.

The Throne ....

a.jpg

b.JPG

Daenerys Targaryen of course .....

c.jpg

d.JPG

A pretty neat Rhaegal ....

e.JPG

f.JPG

g.JPG

h.JPG

And last but not least, a 1:1 replica of the Drogon Dragon Egg.

i.JPG

j.JPG

All put together here ...

l.jpg

k.jpg

Last edited:
I've had one of these since 2011 ......

ar.jpg

10 years later, have now decided (no rush :lol:) to pull the trigger & upgraded to one of these .....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Bonus .....

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Put it here :)

10.jpg

Bonus 2 - Once on, once pulsating (wish it could be seen better), next off.

If I shout too loudly at the cat who is howling like a banshee because he wants to come into the prop room to shut up, it switches on :lol:

Last edited:
Small project that somehow slipped through the cracks of my to do list over the years : The Sword of Kahless.

I had in mind to make a full size one, but decided to go via this simpler & less voluminous route.

sg.jpg

Enter one 3D printed Sword of Kahless, which I sized to 30cms tip to tip.

a.jpg

Found a picture of the original prop on it's original stand, printed it to proportionate size to the 3D print, and cut out the stand.

b.jpg

Some acrylic marker, paint, washes & minor wood carving later and voila ....

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

And put here for now :)

e1.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back