My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival : The Godfather

Having been VERY much inspired by Daniel's DaBuild Jumanji Board transformation using the toy from ''Spin Master'', I decided to give it a shot.

My Jumanji Board was made by Markpoon here on the board, so anyone who got one from him can follow this mod to do theirs in this way if they wish.

Enter one under $50 Jumanji Board game ......

View attachment 1547783

View attachment 1547784

....... immediately gutted to extract the electronics.

View attachment 1547754

I simply unscrewed the 5 fixing points from underneath, and it comes out as a whole component very easily.

The bright green dome it comes with is also easily removed by unscrewing 3 further screws keeping it in place.

View attachment 1547755

The primary intention for the dome that came with Markpoon's board was not meant to be used to place an LCD screen under it, so it had quite a few scratches and was not polished.

Some ultra-fine sandpaper and subsequent polish with a cleaning solution for silver did the trick.

View attachment 1547756

I then carved out a space for the extracted electronics.

Everything is exactly ''as is'', ie no modifications made to the component I extracted from the game.

The only thing I did was remove the ''on / off'' switch from it's casing, and cut the wires.

A hole was also made on the side to insert the switch, which I later rejoined.

View attachment 1547757

Those with a Markpoon board will have to cut it in order to allow the dome to pop up from underneath.

View attachment 1547760

After placing the board game top over the LCD screen, I added small bits of plastic (later painted black) in order to raise the space for the dome to be flush with the bottom of the board.

View attachment 1547761

I placed (no need for glue) the dome on top of those plastic thingies and that was it.

Total time, 2.5 hours.

This is the result ...... (best viewed directly on youtube for size)

Having been VERY much inspired by Daniel's DaBuild Jumanji Board transformation using the toy from ''Spin Master'', I decided to give it a shot.

My Jumanji Board was made by Markpoon here on the board, so anyone who got one from him can follow this mod to do theirs in this way if they wish.

Enter one under $50 Jumanji Board game ......

View attachment 1547783

View attachment 1547784

....... immediately gutted to extract the electronics.

View attachment 1547754

I simply unscrewed the 5 fixing points from underneath, and it comes out as a whole component very easily.

The bright green dome it comes with is also easily removed by unscrewing 3 further screws keeping it in place.

View attachment 1547755

The primary intention for the dome that came with Markpoon's board was not meant to be used to place an LCD screen under it, so it had quite a few scratches and was not polished.

Some ultra-fine sandpaper and subsequent polish with a cleaning solution for silver did the trick.

View attachment 1547756

I then carved out a space for the extracted electronics.

Everything is exactly ''as is'', ie no modifications made to the component I extracted from the game.

The only thing I did was remove the ''on / off'' switch from it's casing, and cut the wires.

A hole was also made on the side to insert the switch, which I later rejoined.

View attachment 1547757

Those with a Markpoon board will have to cut it in order to allow the dome to pop up from underneath.

View attachment 1547760

After placing the board game top over the LCD screen, I added small bits of plastic (later painted black) in order to raise the space for the dome to be flush with the bottom of the board.

View attachment 1547761

I placed (no need for glue) the dome on top of those plastic thingies and that was it.

Total time, 2.5 hours.

This is the result ...... (best viewed directly on youtube for size)

Beautiful job,Alan !

Beautiful job,Alan !

Thank you for your kind words Gary :)

------------------

So after 10 years, I finally finished the Titanic Model :lol:

This is a Revell RMS Titanic 100th Anniversary Edition Model Kit.

Unfortunately, I could not find the small flags that go at the back & the top of the masts, lord knows where they ended up after a decade.

After trying my luck on ebay & failing, I ended up on the Revell website, that has a ''spare parts'' page with an inquiry form to send. I filled it up & said ''yeah, right''. To my surprise, the next day (today), I got an email from Revell saying that they are sending me the flags etc free of charge !

Truly unexpected, but it really made my day. Anyway, enough bla bla bla, & here she is, placed in the recently expanded part of the prop room (to follow)

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

I really wish my main camera hadn't gone on the fritz, because my cellphone really does not capture details very well close up. I tried & tried, & finally I managed to get a good shot of what I mean, like the decking planks etc.

t4.jpg

And without further ado, here's that 3rd & final (for now) prop room space expansion.

This is the before, the part being that disorganised work-desk full of junk underneath, papers on top etc.

1.jpg

And thank you Ikea & others, for enabling me to do this at a very reasonable cost .....

2.jpg

Lots of space created on both sides of the room now, for more stuff & plenty of replica musical chairs that will last quite while to come :)

3.jpg

4.jpg

Awesome on the Titanic flags! Amazing that they will just send those out. I just noticed the Stargate RINGS. And the DHD is cool.

Thank you for your kind words Gary :)

------------------

So after 10 years, I finally finished the Titanic Model :lol:

This is a Revell RMS Titanic 100th Anniversary Edition Model Kit.

Unfortunately, I could not find the small flags that go at the back & the top of the masts, lord knows where they ended up after a decade.

After trying my luck on ebay & failing, I ended up on the Revell website, that has a ''spare parts'' page with an inquiry form to send. I filled it up & said ''yeah, right''. To my surprise, the next day (today), I got an email from Revell saying that they are sending me the flags etc free of charge !

Truly unexpected, but it really made my day. Anyway, enough bla bla bla, & here she is, placed in the recently expanded part of the prop room (to follow)

View attachment 1548137

View attachment 1548138

View attachment 1548139

I really wish my main camera hadn't gone on the fritz, because my cellphone really does not capture details very well close up. I tried & tried, & finally I managed to get a good shot of what I mean, like the decking planks etc.

View attachment 1548140

And without further ado, here's that 3rd & final (for now) prop room space expansion.

This is the before, the part being that disorganised work-desk full of junk underneath, papers on top etc.

View attachment 1548141

And thank you Ikea & others, for enabling me to do this at a very reasonable cost .....

View attachment 1548142

Lots of space created on both sides of the room now, for more stuff & plenty of replica musical chairs that will last quite while to come :)

View attachment 1548143

View attachment 1548144
As usual ,Alan you did a first rate job ,both of the Titanic and your prop room !

Awesome on the Titanic flags! Amazing that they will just send those out. I just noticed the Stargate RINGS. And the DHD is cool.

I really wasn't expecting that at all !

Here's a link for a better look at the Rings and DHD for you :)

OMG I just realised that was almost 10 years ago o_O. Don't know if to laugh or cry. I choose :lol:

As usual ,Alan you did a first rate job ,both of the Titanic and your prop room !

Cheers buddy, much appreciated as always. I'm so happy & glad to share :)(y)

That Titanic model is awesome, although obviously not complete. When are you adding Jack and Rose? :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm laughing because last night I was ever so proud when I asked my wife into the prop room to come see it finished, and that is EXACTLY what she said !

I told her to make or buy 2 miniatures & I'd gladly put them at the tip of the bow.

I make the same promise to you James if you provide them :lol:

Now that the current expansion has left plenty of room all over, time to start filling it up bit by bit.

From ''Lost'', this needs no introduction, the virgin Mary statue used by Eko to smuggle heroin.

From the first 2 screencaps below, as well as from other photos available online, the statues did not have a very detailed finish, & looked pretty beaten up.

Compare the first 2 to the 3rd screencap, where Locke is holding it, & it can easily be made out, for example, that the heart has green painted flora in the middle, the edges of the robe sleeves have a golden border, and it's not at all beaten up / missing paint etc.

I presume these were used for close-up's / ''hero'' props (?)

Therefore, when I got my replica, I decided to leave it looking brand new, although I may decide in the future to re-paint the robe & reduce some of the gold band on the other parts of the robe.

Still mulling that though. I rather like it as it is.

1.jpg

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

My replica .....

2.jpg

... with small display ... (''heroin'' included :lol:)

3.jpg

.... located here.

4.jpg

Last edited:
Came out wicked!
Thank you !

------------------------------------------

From Star Trek DS 9, this memorable scene where Quark reprograms the replicators with his adverts & Worf is furious with the ''Advert Jingle Mug'' that came out with his prune juice in it :lol:

sc.jpg

Been trying for years to get me an identical mug through the ebay daily automatic search notification for ''hotjo mug''. No can do, so got me a very close enough one ... (pic from the purchase listing)

1.jpg

Bye bye logo (1st coat of 3) .....

2.jpg

... and hello replica :)

3.jpg

Put it here for now ....

4.jpg

Bonus Material ...... speakers on ........ :lol:

Behind the scenes :lol:

5.jpg

And it's LOUD ! :lol:

Last edited:
Thank you !

From Star Trek DS 9, this memorable scene where Quark reprograms the replicators with his adverts & Worf is furious with the ''Advert Jingle Mug'' that came out with his prune juice in it :lol:

View attachment 1550142

Been trying for years to get me an identical mug through the ebay daily automatic search notification for ''hotjo mug''. No can do, so got me a very close enough one ... (pic from the purchase listing)

View attachment 1550137

View attachment 1550138

View attachment 1550139

Put it here for now ....

View attachment 1550140

View attachment 1550141

Friggin CLASSIC!!!!!!!

Thank you !

View attachment 1550142

View attachment 1550137

View attachment 1550138

View attachment 1550139

Put it here for now ....

View attachment 1550140

View attachment 1550141

Very nice! This mug has been on my wish list for a while now. Just a week or so ago I was able to find the correct mug, but it has a large logo around most of the mug and is the wrong color, so I'll need to figure out how to remedy that. I'm planning on also adding sound to it, so I love seeing that you did the same! Would you be willing to share your build process?

Very nice.

Aw shucks, Thanks man :)
Wow! Wicked find!

A very close enough version. Thank you :)

Close enough that I wouldn't have noticed the difference if you didn't point it out. Nice job!

It does do the job indeed. Cheers :)

Friggin CLASSIC!!!!!!!
Beautiful detail work my Man!!

Thanks Tony, I knew you'd like this one :lol:

Very nice! This mug has been on my wish list for a while now. Just a week or so ago I was able to find the correct mug, but it has a large logo around most of the mug and is the wrong color, so I'll need to figure out how to remedy that. I'm planning on also adding sound to it, so I love seeing that you did the same! Would you be willing to share your build process?

Nothing complicated at all, exactly like the pics I posted.

3 coats of matt white spray gets rid of the shine & covers any logo / writing etc. Just make sure each coat is very light each time & leave a couple of hours between each one.

Stickers are available on Etsy, seller TheCargoHoldDesigns.

The soundboard is $3 from Aliexpress, 30 seconds recordable, photosensitive, meant for greeting cards.

Since it's too complicated to embed it to the bottom of the mug, I just made a ''box'' out of some scrap wood, just high enough for the bottom of the mug not to touch the ''record button'' and just plonked the mug down on it.

I suppose I could have glued the box to the bottom of the mug, but I prefer it this way. Also, doing it this way ensures that the jingle starts immediately upon lifting the mug, since the speaker & sensor are facing up.

I thought of creating a ''Quark's Bar'' themed base & put the sound board in the middle of that, but decided against it because it would detract from the mug itself.

The sound clip is from here.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back