My Prop Replica Collection - An overdue update

markomac

Hi there.

I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself and post a few of the items that I've acquired.

My name is Mark. I live in Sydney, Australia and am only relatively new to the world of Prop Collecting. As well as props, I also enjoy collecting skateboard decks and sporting/music memorabilia.

My prop collection is currently unorganized (and isn't anywhere near as impressive as some of the collections ive seen here). I probably dont plan to organize it all untill I buy my own house hopefully in the near future. My choice of items are pretty random too. I havent just focused on one area. Ive started off buying just about anything I like the look of. Hopefully in the future I can pad each specific group into its own nifty collection.

So with out further babbling, heres my collection(s) (I'm throwing up a shot of both my skateboards and sports stuff simply for the sake of it)

My Skateboards, Sport and random memorabilia

Star Wars Gear

Back To The Future

Harry Potter/Indiana Jones/Sesame Street/Apollo 13/Jurassic Park/Toy Story/WWE

Scripts

Last edited:
Re: My Prop and Memorabilia Collection

Welcome aboard Mark! It looks like you're starting off with a pretty diverse collection there. I particularly like the Back to the Fututre II shoes and the Jurassic Park velociraptor props. (But how can you not like stuff from those movies, right? :)) Very cool man! :thumbsup

Re: My Prop and Memorabilia Collection

Have received a couple of new additions in the last couple of days.

I got myself a Biff Tannen cane to add to my BTTF collection

And, ever since 1999, I have wanted to get my hands on one of these. And finally, 12 years later, I have got myself a Darth Maul Double Edged Saber.

I also have quite a few more things ordered. So this will get a few updates in the near future.

Re: My Prop and Memorabilia Collection - New Additions- BTTF and Starwars

Great additions to the collection Mark! (You don't see a lot of ''Biff'' canes around. Nice!) The Darth Maul lightsaber looks beautiful too. Have you had a chance to check out the FREE PAPER PROPS section yet? There's a whole bunch of cool Back to the Future stuff posted there in particular that you'd probably like. (SAVE THE CLOCK TOWER fliers, Marty and his brother & sister ''disappearing'' photos, etc...) There are some very talented folks here.

Cheers mate.

I have had a look through the paper props section, but at this stage, as I'm waiting to get my own place before properly displaying everything, I think I'll leave them until it's time to build a prop room.

Thanks for taking a look.

I have had a look through the paper props section, but at this stage, as I'm waiting to get my own place before properly displaying everything, I think I'll leave them until it's time to build a prop room.

I hear ya Mark. There never seems to be enough room when it comes to props, does there? :lol Seriously though, what you've got going on right now looks great. Keep up the good work.

My biggest issue is, there is PLENTY of room for props at my place, my mum just wont let me display anything outside of my room haha.

Hence the reason why I'm currently trying to organise to buy my own house. The good news is, my girlfriend has NO issue with me having a prop room. In fact, she seems pretty keen on the idea. (I've even bought her some replicas for christmas to add to 'our' collection.

Re: My Prop and Memorabilia Collection - New Addition- Starwars

Now the hunt is on for an episode 1 Obi Wan saber. It's funny how things snowball. At first I was happy with just the Maul Saber, then i saw the qui gon for sale. Now it just seems silly not to have all three from the Duel of Fates (and that may become 4 if I decide to find the battle damaged maul)

Another couple of items arrived in the mail today. I got myself a pair of Doc Brown glasses and a Grays Sports Almanac.

I can't post a pic of the almanac yet. It's technically part of my Christmas present from my girlfriend.

Last edited:
Re: My Prop and Memorabilia Collection - New Addition- BTTF

Great display arrangement. My room is a bit lacking compared to yours. Mine mostly consist's of predator stuff but I too like your Marty sneekers. Not easy to aquire so I hear.

Great job!:cool

The Marty shoes are the markpoon replica version. I'm pretty sure he's still making them. Check the junkyard, from memory they go for $190.

New Arrivals-

Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Visitors Guide

CryoCan

BTTF
Grays.Sports.Almanac

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Casey Jones Mask

I have a few more things to post that I don't have access to at this minute. So I'll update again in the near future.

Last edited:
Re: My Prop and Memorabilia Collection - New Addition- BTTF, Jurassic Park, TMNT

The following are officially the first props my girlfriend is committing to the collection (and by that, I mean I bought her them for christmas)

Phantom Of The Opera Replica Mask

Once Upon A Time
Snow Whites Fairy Dust

Re: My Prop and Memorabilia Collection - New Addition- Phantom Of The Opera, OUAT

Great stuff. I love the Biff cane:)
Did you get that on eBay or here in the JY?

Keep posting as you get stuff, we love watching collections grow :)

Re: My Prop and Memorabilia Collection - New Addition- Phantom Of The Opera, OUAT

The biff cane was off eBay, but was from a member here. Russrep I believe is his username.

I'll continue to post my things. I just can't wait untill I have my own space to display them all properly.

glad to know a big fan in Sydney

Had these for a while and just got around to framing them up

BTTF 2015 newspapers

My Back To The Future collection grows just a little bit further with the inclusion of a 2015 Pepsi Perfect bottle!

I also have a small sign of things to come;

Perhaps its time to bite the bullet and display things better.

Re: My Prop and Memorabilia Collection - New Addition- Another BTTF Item

A couple of items turned up on my doorstop today.

First we have the AllSpark Cube

EDIT: Turns out I bought a recast Darth Maul. Damn it. Deleted from the thread.

Oh, and if anyone was interested in my skateboard collection, I got 3 new ones the other day!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back