My Predator Tatoo

Kyra Da Psycho

Alright, so Ive been eager for some time now to get a tatoo of a predator. Well, my awesome step dad has made an appointment for me to finally get one! From what Ive seen, this guy is amazing. My appointment is in January on the 13th (which is a Friday) so its not too much longer.

Well, now for the main reason I made this thread (and to use for future pics of the tat) I have drawn a pic for the idea I have for it. Origonally I was gonna have City Hunter/P2 Predator crawling up my arm with a spear in his hand. But then I realised I couldnt have him facing away from me, where everyone can see his muscles and such. Well, then I came up with this new idea, have it look like he was tearing out of my arm with a spear in his hand.

Mind you, my sketch looks very cartoon like, the tatoo I want Id like to have looking as realistic as possible. Again, this is just for a basic idea. Id like you all to give me your opinion on the idea, maybe share other ideas as well. Im not changing my mind on which pred Im getting, so suggesting other ones (at least for this tatoo) is a no go haha! Im looking for other pose ideas and such. However I am pretty fond of this idea. Please, let me know what you think!

Thanks for looking!

My pred tatoo ref WIP1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' timestamp='1321837869' post='323302']
Awesome, should look really good!
[/quote]

Haha thanks, glad you like it! =3

thats looking pretty good. like the idea behind it with him ripping through the arm, but on the other hand might also look a little odd. dunno without a finished product lol. other idea might be instead of ur arm, he's coming through foliage and some bush?

Hmmn, could also be an idea. I liked the thought of him tearing out of my arm though, like saying my inner pred fan is coming out or something lol. Ive still got plenty of time to decide on the final design for my tat. I was also thinking of maybe later on putting "True Honor, True Blood" underneath this tatoo.

.'. UPDATE .'.

Well, the time for my tatoo is growing near, and I really have to finish a design for my tatoo artist to look at. With college coming up too (Yes, i WAS accepted 8D ) I have put off any other projects until I finish the tatoo. Sorry but its top priority, seeing as its something I'll have forever.

I am currently working on a NEW design for my tatoo, so far Im pretty happy with it, excluding his dreads. I want them to have more of a flowing look, rather than just puffed out. What Im thinking is that City Hunter himself, Id like his colors to be vibrant, a bit brighter than they actually are. Im also thinking of having a blue background behind him, maybe having a bit of a steam/faded effect to make him stand out more. I also wanted the tatoo to exaggerate/show off his muscles hence the pose.

Comment, ideas, or opinions anyone?

Heres the pic so far!
P2 Predatoo WIP.png

i really like the line work on it, the piece is nice, where are you planning to get it put?
the fact that your leaving the shading up to the artist is really cool, if he or she is good they will be able to bring it to life.

I also dig the first concept.

bring on the pain baby!!!!!!

I like your drawing style.. an like Andrew said, your lines are clean. Depending on where you get your tat it shouldent hurt that bad. But it sure is an interesting feeling. Unless you've gotten one before then you know what to expect XD. Looking forward to seeing it!

Nice work on the design!! I think I will be adding some ink this year as well. I look forward to seeing how this turns out for you!

Haha thanks for the comments guys. Im gonna get it on my full upper left arm (like by my shoulder) Im sure its gonna hurt but hell, it'll be worth it XD and the pain you endure is half the tatoo I think. If theres no pain, theres no gain! If anything Im eager to see just how well I can deal wth it (Yeah yeah, I know, Im weird hahaha!)

Anyways, nother update on the pic, redid his dreads, Im liking it more now. It looks a bit messy because Im drawing this on a sketch pad... not the best of ideas. Seeing as whenever I erase the lines, the paper has a weird texture making the lines more and more sloppy each time.

This pic itself wll likely not be used, rather its a base for a general idea. I've asked another artist to redraw it for me, so if that one is done in time it will likely be used.

P2 Predatoo WIP 2 RESIZED.png

The tat looks awesome. ^_^

If you still want him coming out of your arm torn skin can go around his waist, like he's being birthed from your shoulder. ;)

UPDATED (And probably final) design!!!

Okay, so my step dad (I like to just refer to hm as dad XD) came over earlier today and we started plotting about my tatoo (which will be THIS friday! effin WEWT!) and well, this is what we came up with. Im kinda shamed to say that I did NOT draw this completely from scratch >.> used another mage for the base/reference for the pose. However the pred I used was masked and had completely different armor. So that much was drawn myself. Anyways, 'nuff talking. Time for the pic!!

Feel free to share thoughts/ideas/opinions as usual, hehe. I think Im staying with this though.

P2 Predatoo 3.png

Well, its official! I got my tatoo today. I will be posting pics shortly for those who are curious. I LOVE how it turned out! Now I just hope the healing process goes well and it doesnt get screwed up XD

The tatoo itself was nothing near as bad as I thought it would be. Some parts hurt, sure but it was pretty easy to handle haha! Anyways, keep an eye out for updates, I'll try not to take too long to post the pics.

Woohoo lets see it! :D

lol, tried having my uncle send pics to me, guess it failed somehow. So Im gonna try taking some myself (If you want something done, do it yourself I guess XD)

Anyways, I'll get a few and post em, not too sure how well they'll turn out though haha.

Well then XD FINALLY got some pics (course I had to try taking them myself since everyones sleeping, and my uncle for some reason seemed to have problems sending the one to me....

Anyways, heres some pretty badly taken pics of my tatoo. This one is on my upper left arm, from about my shoulder to mid-arm. Lemme know what you think!!

Predatoo 1.jpg

Predatoo 2.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back