My Predator helmets (lots of pics)

Keith

Sr Member
Here is the latest addition to my predator helmet collection which i have just finished. Its a replica Boar helmet which was raw when i received it:
2_30.jpg

3_27.jpg

4_22.jpg

5_13.jpg

Here is my Predator 1 stunt helmet:
6_11.jpg

Predator 2 stripe helmet with scratch made symbol:
7_11.jpg

8_8.jpg

Predator 2 Ram helmet:
9_5.jpg

10_2.jpg

Predator 2 stunt helmet:
12_1.jpg

11_6.jpg

I am working on a hero predator 2 at the moment, so i'll post some pics of that when its finished.

Thanks wackychimp for hosting.

Keith.

Wow very cool.

I really like the Predator 2 stripe helmet and stunt helmet.

So what do you use for the lens material?

Originally posted by HDPE STORMY@Feb 25 2006, 01:19 AM
[snapback]1192341[/snapback]​

I'm interested to know the answer to this question, too.

Also, would you educate me a bit as to the most significant differences between the Predator 2 hero and stunt?

Very nice work on these helmets, by the way. They look great. :thumbsup

Thanks.
Some of the helmets are fitted with stainless steel mesh, others with some sort of aluminium screen/mesh with lots of small round holes. The P1 has a tinted lens.

Keith.

Originally posted by temponaut+Feb 24 2006, 04:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Feb 24 2006, 04:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-HDPE STORMY
@Feb 25 2006, 01:19 AM
[snapback]1192341[/snapback]​

I'm interested to know the answer to this question, too.

Also, would you educate me a bit as to the most significant differences between the Predator 2 hero and stunt?

Very nice work on these helmets, by the way. They look great. :thumbsup
[snapback]1192359[/snapback]​
[/b]

Here is the hero i'm working on:
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/1_40.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/2_27.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/3_24.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/4_18.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/5_7.jpg[/image]
The whole helmet is a lot wider.
The brow is more pronounced and has added detail in the centre.
The cheeks are more pronounced.
The eyes have the rim running all the way around them (not just along the bottom and sides).
The nose bridge is built up higher.
The "paw print" in the nose is gone and so is the dent on the dome.
There is an accurate underside to the chin with air holes.
The list goes on....

Keith.

Thanks, Keith.

I'm just now getting into Predator (sent for the "Ultimate Edition" DVDs yesterday) and your very helpful description, juxtaposed with the photos, makes for a great crash course in distinguishing the lids. Now I have a lot better idea of what I'm looking at when I see photos.

Much appreciated. :thumbsup

Follow-up question: You mentioned that the hero is "a lot wider" than the stunt. Are you able to tell me the overall width and length of both helmets? Are yours cast from screen-used buckets, or are they original (fan-made) sculpts?

Thanks for your trouble. :)

All but the Boar are cast from orignal helmets. The Boar was sculpted from scratch by a member of the hunter's lair using detailed photos of the original for reference. The original Boar was sold not too long ago.

The P2 hero is converted from the P2 stunt.
The only time you see the stunt helmet in predator 2 is when the predator is on top of the subway train.

I'm not sure how long and wide they are without measuring them. They are probably around 20" long x 12" wide.

Thanks,

Keith.

I have been looking for hero P1 & P2 helmets cast from originals for a while now. Anyone know where I can get them and what would the normal price for raw casts or fully finished version be? (Preferrably raw casts, since I like to finish helmets myself)

I have found several resin and fiberglass casts on eBay and on model kit sites, but they never looked very accurate and they usually went for about $150+, so, should I expect to pay more for a cast from original helmet?

Thanks.

And Keith: those helmets are looking great. Very authentic metallic finishes on those beauties. Good job. :thumbsup

Good stuff...I like the pred helmets. :)

If I remember rightly, the hero pred 2 helmet also had a funny ridge right around the top of the helmet...argh, why did I have to lose all my reference pictures...it's one of the main defining features between the hero and the stunt. Check the DVD (I don't have P2 on dvd, or I'd look), but I'm sure there's something extra right around the top of the helmet. It may just look like flash from the mould, but it was part of the helmet.

Awsome work Keith. :) Great attention to detail as always.
I`d have to say my favorite is the Predator 2 stripe because it looks the meanest and thats great work on the scratch built stripe.

Cheers
Ben

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back