My Predator fanfic. :Updated 11/22/10:

GlassToTheArson

PREDATOR
DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND

July 14th, 2012,
Exosphere, Earth.

A small screen flickered to life, flooding the dark space with a deep red glow. Several lines of information scrolled across the screen, followed by an image of Earth, with a triangular reticule hovering over an area of the eastern United States. Out of the blackness, a clawed hand reached forward, and tapped the reticule. The image of Earth suddenly magnified, zooming into southern New Jersey. Dozens of the triangular reticules jumped around a topographical image of an enormous forest, pulsating, then disappearing. One symbol remained, followed by another string of text. Half a dozen more screens jumped to life, relaying weather and atmospheric conditions, various other diagnostics of the Earth's surface, and an image of a strange looking, horned, bipedal creature. A dark figure leaned forward, closely surveying each screen. It's mandibles flexed, and clicked in excitement as it read; this would be a fulfilling hunt.

It stood from it's chair, and ran a claw along a small indentation in the wall. Rows of orange lights appeared along the tops of the bulkhead. A hatch slid open, as the lights continued to activate along a fog filled corridor. Finally, several much larger lights burst to life, revealing a large, armory of sorts. Skulls of every shape and size covered several of the walls in the room, polished to an other worldly sheen. The Predator strolled into the room, it's enormous, muscular body, illuminated in the bright glow. At nearly 8 feet tall, it was easily two heads taller than most of the inhabitants of this planet. It stood, scanning it's impressive arsenal. It grabbed a bandolier, covered in a multitude of gadgets, each looking more deadly than the last, along with an evil looking mask, adorned with various symbols, and covered with scars, and dents brought about from innumerable hunts.

Out of the blackness of space, a ship shimmered into view. It's hull looked bio-mechanical, covered in ridges and spines. As it's thrusters flared to life, a small port slid open. As the ship began it's acceleration, a pod ejected from the opening, hurtling toward Earth like a missile.

July 14th, 2012,
3 Miles West of Goshen Pond Camping Area, Vincetown, NJ.

The late night dew clung to Michael, and Sarah Dietrich's faces. Sarah's short, red hair had already begun to frizz from the humidity.

" Mike, I thought you said we would set up camp before it got dark." Sarah angrily pointed out, readjusting her bulky rucksack. They had been hiking for several hours now, looking for someplace he felt comfortable with.

" Just a little further sweetheart, I'm thinking we should find a good place up this way a bit." Replied Mike. What he didn't want to tell her, was that he had no idea where they were, and was hoping that if they kept going, maybe they would come across a road. Angrily, Sarah stopped, and unclipped two clasps on her shoulder straps, letting her rucksack hit the damp ground.

" I'm not going an inch further! My feet hurt, and I haven't eaten since lunch!" Exclaimed Sarah, as she squatted down, and began removing supplies from her bag. Reluctantly, Mike turned back and dropped his ruck next to hers. He pulled a small hunting stool off the top, unfolded it, and set it down in from of Sarah.

" Only the most luxurious accommodations for my beautiful wife." Mike said with a silly grin on his face, hoping his compliment would lighten her mood. Sarah rolled her eyes, and shot him a sarcastic smile, then sat down. She knew they were lost, but didn't want to say anything, for fear of damaging Mike's fragile pride. She began removing cooking supplies from her ruck, and set up the can of sterno to cook their dinner.

" So, what're we having? Smoked chicken tortilla soup, or lobster bisque? Coyly asked Mike, once again trying to lighten the mood. He pulled a can of new england style clam chowder out of his ruck, Sarah's favorite. Noticing he had packed her favorite soup, Sarah decided to cut him a break, and leaned in to give him a kiss. Suddenly a bright flash illuminated the sky.

" Look! A shooting star!" Shouted Sarah, pointing to a streak of light in the sky. " Make a wish!"

" Whoa, That's a little close for a shooting star." Mike noticed. Just as quickly as it appeared, the light disappeared into the distance. Thinking nothing more of it, the couple continued setting up their camp. An hour and a half later, after fumbling with it for a while, Mike finally set up the tent. Having already eaten, Sarah unzipped the tent and stepped inside.

" Mike, I'm going to bed, try not to stay up too much longer, I've heard these these tents can get pretty lonely." Sarah flirtatiously pointed out, having decided to forgive him for getting them lost.

" I'll be right there baby, just gonna go pee real quick." Mike called out. He walked several meters from the camp site. He knew if there was any chance of him getting any tonight, the last thing he wanted, was Sarah hearing him relieving himself. He found a suitable tree and unzipped his pants. Suddenly, something came crashing down behind him. Glancing behind himself, Mike saw nothing, and finished his business. He turned to head back to the tent. Stepping out from the darkness of the forest, was a creature unlike anything he had ever seen, and he watched a lot of Animal Planet. The beast was easily 8 feet tall, covered in thick, dark brown fur. Mike couldn't believe what he was seeing. It's head looked like the head of a goat, mixed with a dog, with two large horns protruding from atop it. It stood upright on muscular legs ending in hooves, and sported two large, bat like wings. It stood eerily still, staring Mike down.

" What the fu-" Before Mike could finish his sentence, the beast spread it's enormous wings, and bellowed a gut wrenching roar. It picked him up by the throat, and slammed him against a tree, breaking his neck. As it held his body against the tree, it raised one of it's clawed hands to his face.

" Please don't." Sobbed Mike, trying not to choke on his own blood. The creature stopped for a moment, before running a claw along Mike's cheek, splitting it wide open, exposing his upper jaw. It leaned in and lapped up the blood now pouring from the wound. It snarled, tilted it's head, and opened it jaws unnaturally wide, bringing them down around Mike's face. With a sickening crunch, it pulled away, bringing half of Mike's head with it. It clenched it's hand around Mike's now lifeless neck, completely crushing it. The beast threw the body aside like a doll, and turned toward the direction of the camp.

July 14th, 2012,
4 Miles East of Goshen Pond Camping Area, Vincetown, NJ.

Cetanu was his name. It meant God of Death in his tongue. The markings upon his helmet, spoke of the legend of Cetanu, his race's equivalent of the Grim Reaper. He had acquired this name following several hundred years of successful hunts. His original name had been long forgotten by all but himself. Through each hunt, he went unchallenged, by hunter and hunted alike. His combat prowess, strict adherence to the codes of honor, and sheer number of victories and trophies, had earned him many luxuries most Yaut'ja did not enjoy. He operated from a personal attack cruiser, almost unheard of in his species. Most Yaut'ja were required to operate from a single ship, shared by multiple hunters. Their trophies were displayed in a single, collective area. Cetanu however, was not required by the council of ancients to operate in this manner.

Most successful hunters, chose to sire dozens of offspring, continuing their bloodline. Centanu chose only to father one suckling, a son, whom would be taught by his mother to be a warrior even greater than his father. His mate had chosen a life of monogamy, pledging herself to him, a practice completely unknown in Yaut'ja society, where the females were mates to many Males, and bore countless offspring. She could find no other male more worthy of being called mate, than hers. Many others had tried to court her, one going so far as bringing her the skull of a Kainde Amedha queen. They were all killed for their insolence. One queen's skull, paled in comparison to the countless numbers of trophy's collected by her mate.

Cetanu had come to this planet in search of the beasts it's people could not successfully locate, let alone hunt; they were truly a pathetic species. Even the most skilled and cunning among them, who were able to kill several members of his first clan, were of no concern to him. Those who came to this pitiful planet before him, and perished, deserved their fate. They were weak, and had allowed themselves to be bested by a vastly inferior race. He would not suffer the same fate.

Cetanu stepped out of his drop pod, into the cool, night air. He had forgotten how low the temperatures dropped at night, even in the hottest months; this displeased him greatly. He immediately activated his cloaking field, rendering him nearly invisible. Inputting a command into his wrist computer, he stepped away from the pod, and watched as it enveloped itself in a quick, but brilliant flash, effectively destroying any traces of it's existence.

He quickly climbed the nearest tree, seeking a higher vantage point from which to scan his surroundings. He cycled through his multiple vision modes, taking time to carefully survey the area in each one. The forest was densely populated with animal life, most of which too small to offer any sort of challenge. The trees in this area were not as sturdy as most he was used to hunting from; this offered a unique challenge to overcome in the pursuit of his prey. He let out a subtle clicking at the prospect of a more difficult hunt. Having to operate from the ground put him at a pleasing disadvantage.

The internal display in his helmet flashed a set of coordinates; his prey had been nearby. Wasting no time, he broke into a dead sprint. His muscles were far more durable than those of the dominant species of this planet. He did not tire from running great distances; he in fact enjoyed it greatly. His species prided themselves on their physical prowess; himself more so than others. The distance to the waypoint was closed with ease, his immense muscles carrying him faster than an Ooman's ever could.

He came upon a crude camp site. The shelter erected, had not provided any shelter at all. It had been torn to shreds, and strewn about the area. Among the debris, laid the body of a female Ooman. He scanned the body using a medical vision mode. This one had sustained multiple, fatal injuries. Her abdominal area had been eviscerated and emptied of it's contents. The cranial region was smashed, and spread about a 2 meter radius. It's extremities were either badly misshapen or missing. Switching to thermal vision, he noted that the body was still quite warm, indicating that this had happened recently. Surrounding the area, were large, cloven footprints. They trailed off to the North, and then abruptly disappeared. Though the creature had the ability of flight, making it efficient at evasion, it was a sloppy hunter, and made no effort to conceal it's work; It would not take long to locate it's lair.

July 14th, 2012,
3 Miles West of Goshen Pond Camping Area, Vincetown, NJ.

Sheriff Robert Silbert stepped out of his dark silver 1967 Mustang Shelby GT500, a car he had acquired using every last cent of his divorce settlement; a decision he occasionally regretted. His brown hair was streaked with lines of gray, accentuating his deep blue eyes. He was a decorated veteran of the New York Police Department, and had recently moved to Vincetown, New Jersey as a sort of escape from the brutal crimes of New York.

He knew this one would be bad, even before arriving on scene. This was the fourth missing persons case in this area in the last three weeks. Each crime scene was a macabre scattering of body parts, most half eaten; whether by the killer, or local wildlife, had yet to be determined.

" What've we got Jordan?" He asked Jordan Milton, the lead Crime Scene Investigator on loan to his department by the state. She swept her dirty blonde hair out of her face, and gave him a dissatisfied look.

" Well Bob, we've got two victims this time, same general wounds and patterns. We found the female here inside what was left of the tent. Her body is pretty badly torn up, had a hard time making out the gender. She has multiple bite marks all over her body, and her cranium has been completely pulverized. Her abdomen seems to have been opened using something rather worn out, I'm guessing an old knife or hatchet, judging by the jagged edges along the cut. She suffered a shattered right Femur, and the Radius and Ulna of her left arm have been completely snapped in two, and removed." She said, trying to continue her evaluation of the surrounding area. She had a rock hard stomach, but even this was hard for her to handle.

" What about the other victim?" Bob asked.

" The male was 7 meters South-West of the campsite. Strangely, his wounds seem less extensive, if not more fatal." Jordan led Bob to Michael Dietrich's body, slumped against a rock, his neck grotesquely twisted, and deformed. " We can't tell what the immediate cause of death was, but I'm willing to venture a guess it was probably the removal of half his head. The injuries he sustained seem to be consistent with those of the female victim, aside from his neck being completely crushed."

ha ..well I got a full Jersey Devil creature if ya wanna film it

lol, personally I think it sounds like it would make an awesome fan film if done right.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out some little details before I start working on it. Should I use human characters to establish a background for the story, and add a little more depth? Or, as I said, should I focus solely on the Predator itself?

Get me to texas and I'll be your predator! haha Where in Texas do you live? My mother lives there. Sounds like an interesting idea.... do you do film for a living?

Get me to texas and I'll be your predator! haha Where in Texas do you live? My mother lives there. Sounds like an interesting idea.... do you do film for a living?

My wife and I live on Fort Hood in Killeen. I do a lot of writing, but my brother is a video journalist in the air force, and he has quite a bit of filming experience. I know he would LOVE to do something like this.

speaking of did you ever post a pic of that one?

Ha ..I dont know ..but You can still see its legs on the opening credits for Lost Tapes Season 3...even though its from season 2. Come to think of it ..I've got quite the collection of cryptids now.

here's the Jersy Devil's Animatronic head

jersy.jpg

Ha ..I dont know ..but You can still see its legs on the opening credits for Lost Tapes Season 3...even though its from season 2. Come to think of it ..I've got quite the collection of cryptids now.

here's the Jersy Devil's Animatronic head

HA I love that show! That was your work in the Jersey Devil episode?

That's so awesome! I feel like I'm talking to a celebrity now or something

Ha ..wait till some of the actual Pred suit actors who are members here start piping in. They are the celebs around here. I just make monsters and love preds just like you
I had a thread up showing a little behind the scenes stuff for Lost Tapes

..here ya go

LINK

I was just saying brother.. if you don't have a predator for your film... It would give me a reason not only to travel to texas, but to see my mother and be part of a fun experience! Either way, excited to see what you come up with. Welcome to the lair!

I was just saying brother.. if you don't have a predator for your film... It would give me a reason not only to travel to texas, but to see my mother and be part of a fun experience! Either way, excited to see what you come up with. Welcome to the lair!

Thanks much for the welcome

Unfortunately, for now, I'm rather strapped for cash, what with having a new 5 month old little girl and all

Ha ..wait till some of the actual Pred suit actors who are members here start piping in. They are the celebs around here. I just make monsters and love preds just like you
I had a thread up showing a little behind the scenes stuff for Lost Tapes

..here ya go

LINK

I've been lurking around this site for the better part of a year, and even tried to register once before, but it wouldn't accept my gmail account. The work that I've seen here is absolutely astounding, and I am damn proud to finally be a part of a community that loves Predators as much as I do!

I've been lurking around this site for the better part of a year, and even tried to register once before, but it wouldn't accept my gmail account. The work that I've seen here is absolutely astounding, and I am damn proud to finally be a part of a community that loves Predators as much as I do!
[/quote]

Welcome ..keep the ideas flowing ..thats what this place is all about

Welcome ..keep the ideas flowing ..thats what this place is all about

Well I've certainly got a lot of them!

Here's what I have so far...

PREDATOR
THE DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND

A small screen flickered to life, flooding the dark space with a deep red glow. Several lines of information scrolled across the screen, followed by an image of Earth, with a triangular reticule hovering over an area of the eastern United States. Out of the blackness, a clawed hand reached forward, and tapped the reticule. The image of Earth suddenly magnified, zooming into southern New Jersey. Dozens of the triangular reticules jumped around a topographical image of an enormous forest, pulsating, then disappearing. One symbol remained, followed by another string of text. Half a dozen more screens jumped to life, relaying weather and atmospheric conditions, along with various other diagnostics of the Earth's surface. A dark figure leaned forward, closely surveying each screen. It's mandibles flexed, and clicked in excitement as it read. It stood from it's chair, and ran a claw along a small indentation in the wall. Rows of orange lights appeared along the tops of the bulkhead. A hatch slid open, as the lights continued to activate along a fog filled corridor. Finally, several much larger lights burst to life, revealing a large, armory of sorts. Skulls of every shape and size covered several of the walls in the room, polished to an other worldly sheen. The Predator strolled into the room, it's enormous, muscular body, illuminated in the bright glow. At nearly 8 feet tall, it was easily two heads taller than most of the inhabitants of this planet. It stood, scanning it's impressive arsenal. It grabbed a bandolier, covered in a multitude of gadgets, each looking more deadly than the last, along with an evil looking mask, adorned with various symbols, and covered with a multitude of scars, and dents brought about from innumerable hunts.

Out of the blackness of space, a ship shimmered into view. It's hull looked bio-mechanical, covered in ridges and spines. As it's thrusters flared to life, a small opening slid open. As the ship began it's acceleration, a pod ejected from the opening, hurtling toward Earth like a missile.

Thats a pretty bad ass intro! VERY well written... it gave me chills with the "clicking in excitment" I have a pretty gnarly image of this predator in my head. I like where you are going with it man!

Thats a pretty bad ass intro! VERY well written... it gave me chills with the "clicking in excitment" I have a pretty gnarly image of this predator in my head. I like where you are going with it man!

I was given the idea to make the Predator a rebel or bad blood. The only problem is, I'm not entirely familiar with how the bad bloods do things.

Any suggestions?

This is what the main Predator looks like. I can't remember who did this mask on here, but I fell in love with it the instant I saw it!

newpicsofSimonspaintup6.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back