My predator costume

mortenharket

Sr Member
Following the debut of my first costume lat Halloween I have been a little quiet on here and have recently started getting the pieces together to retool my costume, Heres a picture from last October.

2009-10-31001221.jpg

The problem with the suit was that the skin was way too big for me and would of been evenmore now since I have lost 28lbs since Christmas 2009. Also the hands swam on my child size hands. So I bought a new Ruffkin wolf skin which is a much better fit for me after trimming and I also have some new Ruffkin wolf hands. I have the pleasure in revealing them and the excellent paint up by Usurper (a true gent to deal with as always).

Jonh1.jpg

Jonh2.jpg

Usurper has also been very busy beavering away on my Ruffkin Wolf skin. Im a big fan of the original P1 colours and thought it would be a good take on the Wolf style body to go with a P1 colour scheme. The spots have been painted a touch softer than normal by my request and im sure you will agree that the skin tones and the detail are fantastic :) So here are some pictures of Lee's excellent hard work....

jona.jpg

jonb.jpg

I managed to find the time to get a zip in this weekend so tried it on with the hands, it fits so much better than my previous skin and once I get a thin layer of foam it will be a perfect fit :eek: :

2010-06-11213510-1.jpg

Heres my Mysteria scar bio. I base coated it silver and have been adding layers of black washes to darken it to give it an aged look:

SAM_0067.jpg

SAM_0068.jpg

SAM_0069.jpg

Heres my gauntlets, ive never been happy with them and have started them again so at the moment they are actually an enamel silver and im going to try toning that down and adding some weathering or I may start them again (again) and go with a flat black then dry brush all the colours on top.

a.jpg

2009-10-29235519.jpg

More pics to follow as I get things finished off

Wow, that is a totally awesome suit.Really also like the knife gauntlets.Do you know anyone that is selling a set?

Thanks, Daren

Thanks for the compliments guys. The gauntlets are Ruffkintoy Wolf gauntlets. So hit Chuck up with a PM perhaps. He is probs busy as always but he delivers so great goods and is a nice guy :) I cant wait to get the new version finished too Scott, still a long way to go.........

Glad you like the hands Jon.

i am going to have to make a special hanger for the torso as its going to be a pain in the ass to paint.

Glad you like the hands Jon.

i am going to have to make a special hanger for the torso as its going to be a pain in the ass to paint.

They are fantastic mate, sorry to be a PITA ass with the skin :) I'll buy you a chip buttie as an apology.

Bought myself a new dremel last night, I cant wait to attack the bio tonight and get it all trimmed up for painting :eek:

its not your fault the skin is nice, just very stiff, so ill have to make something to spray the arms out whilst i paint, as i hate doing it in sections. would have been easier with a zip in :eek: but dont worry .... i am not :)

I know... I would of put a zip in but with my knackered shoulder I struggled trimming it so had to abandon the zip. Feel free to put one in though bud :)

1 x apology chip buttie is in the post, may be a big soggy when it gets to you with all the curry sauce on top :eek:

First post updated - Bio (im going to just update the first post all the time rather than have bits and pieces all over the thread).

Thanks mate. Yeah, Lee's paint ups are the bomb. I'll always send my stuff to him (until he gets sick of me :)).

Jon, Lee has done an outstanding job on painting your torso, this suit will look fantastic when finished. Keep the pics coming I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

Cheers bud, the torso is amazing isnt it I really like the muscle structure on Wolf. The ab region in particular has a very Jap feel to it I think. Did Steve Wang do the final wolf design? Im really excited to get it back, foam it and put the zip in. Hopefully be able to suit up for the new film.

Following the debut of my first costume lat Halloween I have been a little quiet on here and have recently started getting the pieces together to retool my costume, Heres a picture from last October.

2009-10-31001221.jpg

The problem with the suit was that the skin was way too big for me and would of been evenmore now since I have lost 28lbs since Christmas 2009. Also the hands swam on my child size hands. So I bought a new Ruffkin wolf skin which is a much better fit for me after trimming and I also have some new Ruffkin wolf hands. I have the pleasure in revealing them and the excellent paint up by Usurper (a true gent to deal with as always).

Jonh1.jpg

Jonh2.jpg

Usurper has also been very busy beavering away (thanks mate) on my Ruffkin Wolf skin. Im a big fan of the original P1 colours and thought it would be a good take on the Wolf style body to go with a P1 colour scheme. The spots have been painted a touch softer than normal by my request and im sure you will agree that the skin tones and the detail are fantastic So here are some pictures of Lee's excellent hard work....

jona.jpg

:lol:
jonb.jpg

I now need to finish off my Mysteria scar bio.... (I started attacking it with my new dremmel last night - which is the best tool I own ) I just have to clean out the visor and tri laser holes and run finish off the seem lines then its ready to be painted.

2010-06-02210728.jpg

and fit my gauntlets when I get the skin back - maybe get some LED's put in too

a.jpg

2009-10-29235519.jpg

More pics to follow as I get things finished off :lol:
:lol:
looks great,i wish i could be that ahead with mine so i could troop with you dude,alas hit a problem with my skin,as i didnt consider my measurments of me when filling in the i suit,and now does not fit too tight,so its back to the drawing board,but i have the mask,waiting on the dreads,hands,im doing my own feet and armour my aim is to finish bfor halloween.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back