My predator costume

Cheers mate,he certainly has done a fantastic job for me. Got a few more pics coming soon, ive been weathering the bio but I'm doing it as a wash so building up layers is taking a while.

First post updated (mid post) with pictures of my bio after some coats of weathering. I was thinking of perhaps dry brushing some different shades of greys and black to age it more then add some silver highlights. What do you guys think? Any tips?

Ok.... so I couldnt resist suiting up although im still far from total completion. Heres some pics, hope you enjoy them Comments and critiques are very welcome:

SAM_0071.jpg

SAM_0073.jpg

SAM_0075.jpg

SAM_0078.jpg

SAM_0079.jpg

SAM_0082.jpg

SAM_0099.jpg

This is my favourite

SAM_0087.jpg

Hmmm whats in here......

SAM_0088.jpg

ahh food, give me some!!!!

SAM_0090.jpg

Hee hee, cha mon!!

SAM_0101.jpg

You damn papparazi - leave me alone!!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!

SAM_0093.jpg

and one for good measure of my other half and me, bless her for helping me suit up, being my photographer and putting up with the mess I make with my suit and putting up with me for the last 10 years!

SAM_0095.jpg

Theres still plenty to do but im getting there slowly! o_O

Thanks mate and no probs with the criticism . There will be some copper and bronze back on the gaunts before long, I just wasn't happy with them so have started again on them.

Im not finished them mate, I still have to weather them. I have some layers of black wash on the bio but will be dry brushing it and highlighting it. I havnt started weathering the gauntlets yet and need to fix the lid to the comp and fit some LED's

Looking good sir. Get that armor weathered! Something else you may want to do is take a heat gun and put some curve into your thigh armor. It will give it a more natural look and not so flat and two dimensional. Just my .02.

superb costume dude

but i think the same, i think you should have the copper panel on the gaunts

Cheers matey, they will have some copper back on them when im finished with them :)

Looking good sir. Get that armor weathered! Something else you may want to do is take a heat gun and put some curve into your thigh armor. It will give it a more natural look and not so flat and two dimensional. Just my .02.

Thanks Scott. I think im going to go back to flat back and then just highlight with silver and some dry brushing otherwise I will be there forever with washes lol. Thanks for the tip on the leg armour, i'll try that

jon mate its looking good..

only thing.. the thigh armour needs to be curved... looks to ridget... but overall mate coming on nicely

In that last picture you posted was there a predator costume in it I didnt even notice. Hahahah Ah god im joking. *****... lol anyway nice start guy now finish dis beitch up!

awww married for a decade im calling hollywood

as for the suit great im sure itll be awsome after the improvemets but overall great job

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back