My Predator costume by P75

Predator75

hello everyone!
I can finally put some photos of the progress of my costume, is still not finished but will be soon.

thanks to all the members of this forum which, directly or indirectly contributed to my project, in particular thanks to DiavoloBianco: my italian friend (my master) that I have kown in this forum

The skin (when under costruction...)

an alien's scratch B) (when under costruction...)

the link on dred,

all created by me, except the bioelm and the latex mask that I have only colored
now I can say that I am the second Italian predator :)

Predator75

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work dude!.

whats you chest armour made from? great worn metallic look

and did you option out of having feet and just covered your boots with the dusters? cos I reckon I'm gonna do that but would like to see what it looks like first

Real nice suit, I like the scratch detail gives it more character. The effects and colours on your armor is excellent, much respect.

VERY thanks at all!!!
now I'm happy to share my experience for help.
Yes the armour look very metallic, this is how I made it
Excuse my bad english:

Materials: plexiglass (0,7 millimeters), glue, color (silver and black), sponge, brush

I have first make the all the armour in paper, like a tailor.
then I have cut the plexiglass,
I have blend it with a hot gun.

here there is an example of a piece:
the cut plexiglass

next I blend it with hot gun and join with rivet

now I take a shoulder to continue:

now color all with black:

Well now the trick how make realistic metal
take a glue like Bostick, I think there is in all the word. I have use the model 99.

with the sponge you apply the glue, and up and down up and down up and down, you stop after a few seconds when you see the surface like this

whait one minute for little dry and with another sponge give the silver, this is the first result:

well, now the last coloration. take the black and the brush, and detail it with your hands skill :)
Before and after the black with brush

for a good realism paint a black border leaving a little space before the end silver. (sorry for low quality of second photo, I have just do it with phone)

Now for answer a Scythe, we look the feet. For a lot of motives I prefer use boots and cover it with armour.
(sorry for low quality photo, I use my phone. Only first photo has make with digital camera)
in black, before final coloration:

next final coloration

I put a global photo of the costume over the manikin:

I assure you that in person the effect of armor is very good
all ask me how I did it to bend the metal so well
instead is plexiglass, easy to fold, low cost and excellent result.

I very very thank all member of this forum, because if now I have this costume was thanks to the hundreds of topic that I read, containing the their good recommendations.
And thank a google for help in traslate me LOL B)

Thanks Predator75 for this amazing idea for the feet! It was a big problem for me because I'm have a thing against latex. And this is the answer!
B)

Marco

Make good feet is easy.
I have take my old boots +/- are like this
then I have make the armour over them.
all you can see is make with plexiglass of 0.7 mm
I have first make the forms with the paper, then cut the plexiglass with good scissors
next blend with a hot gun (a gun such a phon)

All is join with rivets, no glue.

look this

and this is a guide make with paint B) there is not any scale.... in the bead is open and it's close with velcro.

if you can, make a better closure of bead
the armour is glued on boots so:
boots foam armour

the foam allow the mobility that you need to walk

Preddy

what a nice suit...... may i know how much you spend time and money to make this suit????
can i take another materials beside the plexi glass.........
can you send the material for armor, body and gaunlet to me via email???? (pliss)
cause i really want to make predator suit and wear it in festival......
thanks before and after........
(i'm sorry if my english is not good cause i just can a little) :lol: :lol:

you do realize you are replying in a thread that is over 2 years old ..and to a member that hasnt been active in about that much time as well?

sorry ptgreek for my inactivity but in this time I'm married... change job ecc ecc :lol:
is thanks to the people of this forum if I can now boast a predator suite :lol:
(now I'm working to extendible combi-stick, I will post a tutorial)

@vinc gort the plexiglass is low cost, I use plexiglass 0.7 mm
easy to cut, easy to model with hot gun.

Predator75

sorry ptgreek for my inactivity but in this time I'm married... change job ecc ecc :lol:
is thanks to the people of this forum if I can now boast a predator suite :lol:
(now I'm working to extendible combi-stick, I will post a tutorial)

@vinc gort the plexiglass is low cost, I use plexiglass 0.7 mm
easy to cut, easy to model with hot gun.

Predator75

Whoa ..Hey ...Glad you are back!!!!! was wondering where our Italian Preds had gone? Hows Diavlo? we missed you guys around here!!!!!!

thanks ptgreek :lol:

Diavolo Bianco is fine, sometimes I read to him on facebook. At the end of October here in Italy, well be the most important European event of cosplay: the"Lucca Comics & Games" and every year we do not miss ever.
well, when I see Diavolo, I tell him to go here to play up :lol:

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back