My Pred Redux Pic heavy

mothmonty

Sr Member
After acquiring Mr. Fetts torso armor I decided to repaint everything. I'm going for the corroded rebar look. I'm not certain I've achieved it, but this is what I have done so far.
Paint for torso armor is a Gun Metal, sponged on gold, sponged on black, sponged on silver and sponged on green. I don't have an airbrush but if anyone has any ideas as to how I can better achieve the desired look please let me know
IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

Well done really looks good and no airbrush, just goes to show you don't always need to airbrush everything. So keep up the excellent work, and looking forward to seeing the whole suit together.

Colors look great! If you want them to blend together a little better and look less sponged on, give the whole thing a rub with a scotchbrite pad.

bloody missed this grrrr, nice variation on the normal colours

definately has the "been on a few hunts " looks to it, which is very nice.

Looks great Greg! Nice and used!

I use the Scotchbrite pad technique on Boba helmets too. I use the number "zero" ones to help remove the hard edges between color changes.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back