My Pred Progress

Wittmann8844

While the base coat dries on the rest of my armor,.. here's some snaps of the gaunts and chest plate paint up. I'll be installing a bunch of LEDs in the bomb cover next. Blades fixed for now... Gaunts from Hellkat Hope you like... I'll save the credits for the finale

predator_001.jpg

predator_002.jpg

predator_003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks one and all!... Having years of painting plastic, metal, and resin, these were fun and familiar to paint. I'll be detailing the latex armor pieces today and sealing them with some satin permawet. When I opened my bottle of pros aide, it brought back a lot of memories from my Buck Roger days and visiting friends at Boss Films! My Critter is going to be a combo of Wolf and AVP parts with a little P1 thrown in. Since I lost my job, I ended up getting available parts I could afford so I've had to adjust my vision as I go along. I have a nice Wolf mask and bio but I'm liking the olde P1 more. I really like how open my fellow lair members are to freedom of experiment! I've even created a history for my character which I'll explain more when I get my sig finished... back to the airbrush and looking forward to installing the LEDs!

More progress... I installed the lazers and focused them. Next will be to connect the to the other side of the bio for the remote power source. Painted most of the armor so once the back pac, cannon, gauntlet and bio wiring is done just the skin will be left. Right now I'm going with the Mr. Incredbile suit. After the ween and more cash I'll get the full latex skin so I can hang at the SDCC!

predator_006.jpg

predator_007.jpg

predator_009.jpg

Mucho de Thanko! After wanting to predafile for years I took full advantage of my layoff and just started hammering away at it. Plus buying what I could since no time to sculpt and mould everything before the 31st. The lair and it's many talented peeps has been a godsend!! I'll be permawetting my brains out on Monday! Ha Ha

Thank you! by Halloween? Absolutely! I permawetnessed all the armor, hands, and feet today. I'll finish the paint on the backpac tomorrow and start painting the suit. I have a Rubies that I'll modify or go latex/paint on the Mr I suit that arrived today. I'll get a correct latex skin after the ween for future Cons etc... Hope to have all the electronics sorted by the end of the week. I'm lighting up the bomb gaunt, eyes on the bio, and the cannon top and muzzel. Trying to sort out where to stow the batteries and if I have enough time, I'll wire up a mike to the bio or inside the mask and mount a speaker on the pac.

liking the progress pics, the hands and feet look very natural.

are you going to age the armour ? or is it a clean look you are after ?

Thanks for all the feedback! Much appreciated and the armor will gain some grime once I complete the suit. Hey George, I hadn't thought about that but I know it's quite a scene,..especially with some hunters representing! I have two parties right now so I'm not sure...

Awesome work! It's great to see that bio went to a lair member. It was the first one out of the mold.
Can't wait to see this one in the completed thread

Happily chugging along as I get down to the wire... None of my under armor suits will arrive in time so I'll be wearing a camo coverall just for ween eve... Will locate a good skin next month... Hope to due a trial lit by Wednesday. Here's the latest and yes my backpac was cobbled from two lair members extra parts plus some nurnies I found lying about... Thr gaunts are more grimey but maybe not but some member standards... Oh, the characters on the gaunt and cannon are back lit with LEDs...

predator.jpg

aaa_026.jpg

aaa_027.jpg

aaa_028.jpg

aaa_029.jpg

predator_026.jpg

predator_027.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back