My Pred Family

cujo66

This will be my first attempt at a Predator costume. Decided Friday night at Dragoncon that our next Family costume is going to be Predators.
Took until Tuesday night to get the kid on to do it and it's only if she can be a Human Predator. No body suit with spots all over it. And it has to be pink.

Drew this up to show her.

2jb61e8.jpg

The flesh colored areas will be her skin. She will be wearing tights. The hair will be her hair. I want it braided, but she doesn't. I'll give it some time, I used the Jedi Daddy mind trick on her and now she's agreed to this. I got a year almost to conveince her. The feet I don't really have worked out yet.

The wife's will be based on this.

2hmewau.jpg

If anyone knows where I can find some 360 shots of this thing, I would appreciate a point in that direction.

Mine, I haven't figured out the armor I want to do yet. Figured I'd get started on the body suit and cutting the 150 feet of soaker hose into dreads. I'm a budget costumer. Time isn't a problem, money little bit of a problem.

So I got to fooling around with some stuff I had laying around the house.

Came across the tutorial on how to make a Predator face mask out of foam. Thought, hey, I could make the bio helmet following the same steps.

Now brainaic here didn't realize he didn't have the memory card in the camera and I can't find my USB thingy to load the pics straight from the camera.
So first I cut a piece of foam into an oval. Then cut wedges out of it and glued it back together. I then cut a piece to be a rim around the back.

Then I put the memory card back in the camera.

2qckp4x.jpg

Cut a piece for the face.

314um1x.jpg

Tried it out on the kid.

6ektqb.jpg

Cut a piece for the cheeks and bridge of the nose. And a build up piece for the mouth piece.

zv6drd.jpg

Put the mouth piece on and tried it on the kid again.

2rfbmzb.jpg

Then covered it with plaster wrap.

5vrn11.jpg

My big concern was that the plaster would crack like crazy. So I put a think coat of latex mold builder over it.

2agw17t.jpg

Funny thing is that the latex seems to have bonded with the mesh of the wrap.

I then gave it a few coats of Plasti Dip and several coats of Rustolium Hammered spary paint.

25aog9c.jpg

Pretty rough, but hey, they're Predators, they're gonna be a little banged up.
This is not the final color, just what I happened to have on hand. Now, I need to find some metalic pink paint.

2jb61e8.jpg

2hmewau.jpg

2qckp4x.jpg

314um1x.jpg

6ektqb.jpg

zv6drd.jpg

2rfbmzb.jpg

5vrn11.jpg

2agw17t.jpg

25aog9c.jpg

OOoooh I like your concepts so far ^^. Thats a neat looking bio, Would I would do is a little bit of weathering to it though when you are finished painting it, it would help balance it out a bit more. ^^ Great start and I wish you the best of luck on your builds!

Keep us updated!

The bio looks great, a bit of dry brushing would excentuate the rought texture and would look great.
I think I have some pictures of the model you want on my other computer, I'll upload them for you tomorrow if someone hasn't already by then.
Good luck with the build

I've made some progress on my suit in the last week.

Made the collar using an old t-shirt. Added a piece for around the neck. I put a zipper in but it turned out to be too tight. So switched to hooks. Made the ribs by gluing rope aroud the cloth collar then Plasti Dipped it.

P1040627.jpg

P1040628.jpg

P1040629.jpg

Also started on the armor. Making it all out of foamies. Found the Holy Grail of foamies users the other day at Michael's. A 3' x 5' sheet.

Here's the front flap, or dingy thingy, or swang thang, or loin armor.

P1040633.jpg

P1040634.jpg

And attached to the belt.

P1040650.jpg

The template for the chest armor.

P1040639.jpg

Yeah I'm cheep, just taped paper together.

P1040640.jpg

And what I've got so far.

P1040649.jpg

P1040627.jpg

P1040628.jpg

P1040629.jpg

P1040633.jpg

P1040634.jpg

P1040650.jpg

P1040639.jpg

P1040640.jpg

P1040649.jpg

The ingenuity of people on these forums is amazing! Good job Cujo! What kind of material is your skin made of? Nylon? Lycra? It looks as good, if painted just a tad better, than some of the latex body suits! Makes me want to run out and grab a couple to test for my costume! :D

The body suit is a cotton lycra. My hat's off to you guys with the latex suit. I had a parital latex Batman, was hell. I'm all about comfort.
And yep, had work Hannah in on the Preds. I suggested it to her that we could put a Hannah wig on a skull like you killed her. My daughter was not amused.

The body suit is a cotton lycra. My hat's off to you guys with the latex suit. I had a parital latex Batman, was hell. I'm all about comfort.
And yep, had work Hannah in on the Preds. I suggested it to her that we could put a Hannah wig on a skull like you killed her. My daughter was not amused.

Cujo,

I love the suit you're doing, cotton/lycra rocks as far as comfort, ( my bio's off to those that do a full latex suit; how they do it is something else.... the only things that were latex were hands, feet and mask... I drank tons of water, and still sweated bullets!).

Re: Hannah wig on a skull...... keep working on it, you'll find something that will work with her suitup :D Hmmm, what would Hannah Montana want for a trophy?

---
Ei'luj

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back