My Pred begins...

TK-J

I have just started my Pred costume. At the moment it will be a Scar, but I probably won't use all the armor that's coming as I think it clutters up the overall look. Finished parts for the moment are the bio and gaunts.

P1010049-2.jpg

P1010048-1.jpg

P1010060-2.jpg

P1010068-1.jpg

P1010059-2.jpg

Bio is from Scifidemon, gaunts are from Steve Arnold at Propmakersguild.
All parts are resin. Primed with matte black, then sprayed with "Cast Iron" heat resistant paint- used for car engines. Followed with a black wash, then dry brushed with silver.

They look great. I was looking to get those gauntlets from propmakersguild for my suit. So I take it you recommend them?
Love your technique for the 'weathered' look!

They look great. I was looking to get those gauntlets from propmakersguild for my suit. So I take it you recommend them?
Love your technique for the 'weathered' look!

They are good gaunts, with quite good detail. They need to be cleaned a little and the dremel cutting disk run over here and there to bring out some more details. They are sized for his skins, so they are quite big.

Made some good progress on the skins. I had to trim away quite a bit to get it fitting more snug in the lower half. I took both the sides in about 2". The arms were trimmed in about 1".
P1010124.jpg

P1010128.jpg

Back zip all sewed up. Took about 2 hours with a hand awl. The holes from attempting to use eyelets and leather lace still need to be filled back in.
Proposed upper armor setup.
P1010120.jpg

P1010122.jpg

As I said, I find Scar to be just a little too cluttered with armor, so I have removed one side of the chest and just used some leather straps. Seams still also need to be filled in.

Looking great! I cant wait for the materials for my skin to arrive so I can start on mine!, ^^ agree with the one sided armour it looks killer!

Well I finally had some time to get back into this. Also had a couple of changes.
First off I bought one of Suicidalraiders Wolf Elder masks. Not totally sold on my paint job , and will probably repaint it later.
P1010181.jpg

The glass eyes are pushed right in to keep them in place so at the moment he looks a little wired.

Then I got hold of one of Skunks "Mamba" bios. Just love the lines of this thing.
P1010179.jpg

P1010180.jpg

And finally the skin and armor paint up.
P1010189-2.jpg

P1010191-1.jpg

P1010197-3.jpg

P1010186.jpg

Skins still need the gloss clear coat, and still working on some decent soles for the feet.

It's a great bucket - no doubt. I also have a Bagy Elder mask waiting at the PO for me, so I 'm hopefull it will fit on it as well.
Hoping to have a full fitting next weekend.

Well, I didn't manage to get the full kit on over the weekend. I had to get some shots together of my ROTJ stormtrooper, and my wifes ESB stormtrooper, for the 501st's CRL project. Such an honor to have our costumes selected.
I also slapped a bit of paint on the Bagy P2 Elder mask.
bagyP2elder7.jpg

bagyP2elder4.jpg

bagyP2elder8.jpg

Just waitning on some more Booie dreads to fill him out a bit.

I must have missed this thread man....looking good Jason...is that a jaqthelad skin?.....it seems you've got quite a few peices to choose from...you'll have a mix and match pred with a different look each time you wear it lol.
Any luck with the Manbe fitting the baggy elder mask?...nice mask BTW.

I must have missed this thread man....looking good Jason...is that a jaqthelad skin?.....it seems you've got quite a few peices to choose from...you'll have a mix and match pred with a different look each time you wear it lol.
Any luck with the Manbe fitting the baggy elder mask?...nice mask BTW.

Yes Lee, it is a jaqthelad suit. Although I am in the process of replacing it with one from Ruffkin. I only have the Wolf and P2 Elder masks now, the earlier masks have been sold. I've tried to paint everything in a similar fashion and colors. I like to be able to mix'n'match parts with my cossies.
The Mamba does fit the Bagy mask, but it's not the best fit. I'm not sure what type of bio will fit, so if anyone has any ideas - hint, hint
It also seems that I have inadvertently been following on from another members idea. I found this pic over the weekend.
IMG_6462-1.jpg

This is what I'm hoping to achieve eventually. Maybe not as dark, I'm not sure what a misting of grey over my current paint jobs will turn out like

Finally managed to get some time to slip into the latex.

P1010224-1.jpg

P1010228.jpg

My Scar bio fits not too bad, better than the Mamba unfortunately.

P1010233-2.jpg

P1010235-1.jpg

Still need to add some dreads underneath and at the front.

P1010240-1.jpg

P1010242-2.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back