My PKD Bladerunner pistol build.

B1RDY

Hello everyone.
I would like to share with you my build of a resin kit of the Bladerunner PKD blaster. This kit was purchased on etsy from TipTopWorkshop and is listed as the improved version of the Anders's kit.
This wont be a fast build as my skill level, time and equipment are very minimal, I'mko Adam Savage lol and this is being put together in my bedroom... I mean workshop, actually it is my bedroom.
Like I said I am working with minimal tools but I am hoping with patients and determination I will have something I can enjoy at the end.
I have just started some light sanding and a quick test fit and am quite pleased with it so far.
My focus at the moment is the receiver and bolt.
The kit comes with some nylon cord to join the two sections of the bolt but I decided to get some 2mm brass tubing and use a small hand drill to insert three small pieces of tube. These are only pressure fit at the moment but I will probably epoxy these pieces later.
More updates to follow.

Attachments

• 20210418_143350.jpg
    20210418_143350.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 254
  • 20210422_184728.jpg
    20210422_184728.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 249
  • 20210428_160158.jpg
    20210428_160158.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 223
  • 20210418_155950.jpg
    20210418_155950.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 214
  • 20210429_153145.jpg
    20210429_153145.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 199
  • 20210429_150252.jpg
    20210429_150252.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 187
  • 20210429_150306.jpg
    20210429_150306.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 172
  • 20210429_153237.jpg
    20210429_153237.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Nice work so far. I'm just starting on the same kit myself, so will be watching your progress with interest!

89D6D04A-A4A3-4461-9B4B-2C9614F349EF.jpeg

So far I've sanded and cleaned up all the parts and drilled and tapped the holes for the various bolts and screws, as well as, like you, assembling the bolt. I did the same as you and used small lengths of 2mm rod (steel in my case) to link the two parts of the bolt. I superglued them into their respective holes.

I've also made a small adaptation to the Bulldog handle to allow me to replicate the mainspring that's visible in the original.

Did you find that you had to sand the edges of the bolt end and the slots for it and the bolt lever in the receiver quite a bit to get the various parts to slide easily? The tolerances on mine were very tight. I've done a dry fit, but I'm a bit concerned that after painting they'll be even tighter. I don't want to sand too much off and risk them ending up loose, but at the same time I don't want them so tight that friction between the moving parts scores the final paint.

Nice work so far. I'm just starting on the same kit myself, so will be watching your progress with interest!

View attachment 1451782

So far I've sanded and cleaned up all the parts and drilled and tapped the holes for the various bolts and screws, as well as, like you, assembling the bolt. I did the same as you and used small lengths of 2mm rod (steel in my case) to link the two parts of the bolt. I superglued them into their respective holes.

I've also made a small adaptation to the Bulldog handle to allow me to replicate the mainspring that's visible in the original.

Did you find that you had to sand the edges of the bolt end and the slots for it and the bolt lever in the receiver quite a bit to get the various parts to slide easily? The tolerances on mine were very tight. I've done a dry fit, but I'm a bit concerned that after painting they'll be even tighter. I don't want to sand too much off and risk them ending up loose, but at the same time I don't want them so tight that friction between the moving parts scores the final paint.
Yes I did have to sand the front psrt of the bolt to get it to slide into the front of the receiver. I haven't tapped my holes yet as I was debating to tap before or after painting.
I thought if I tapped them before painting the paint would clog the threads and seeing as they are threaded in resin it might be an issue later. But as I can't proceed very fast with this build I will keep a keen eye on your build to.

Yes I did have to sand the front psrt of the bolt to get it to slide into the front of the receiver. I haven't tapped my holes yet as I was debating to tap before or after painting.
I thought if I tapped them before painting the paint would clog the threads and seeing as they are threaded in resin it might be an issue later. But as I can't proceed very fast with this build I will keep a keen eye on your build to.
I also like your trigger spring idea and will try something like that to

I also sanded a bit on the rear of the receiver to get it to slide easier and the slot for the bolt handle. I may sand that more and like you I am thinking about paint adding to the parts size. Here is a quick video to demonstrate.

Attachments

• 20210429_194931.mp4
    79 MB
Hello everyone.
I would like to sshare with you my build of a resin kit of the Bladerunner 2049 PKD blaster. This kit was purchased on etsy from TipTopWorkshop and is listed as the improved version of the Anders's kit.
This wont be a fast build as my skill level, time and equipment are very minimal, I'mko Adam Savage lol and this is being put together in my bedroom... I mean workshop, actually it is my bedroom.
Like I said I am working with minimal tools but I am hoping with patients and determination I will have something I can enjoy at the end.
I have just started some light sanding and a quick test fit and am quite pleased with it so far.
The kit comes with some nylon cord to join the two sections of the bolt but I decided to get some 2mm brass tubing and use a small hand drill to insert three small pieces of tube. These are only pressure fit at the moment but I will probably epoxy these pieces later.
More updates to follow.
Tapping threads scare me to death but you have start somewhere so back to the bolt again this time to add the rear section and test fit.

Hello everyone.
I would like to sshare with you my build of a resin kit of the Bladerunner 2049 PKD blaster. This kit was purchased on etsy from TipTopWorkshop and is listed as the improved version of the Anders's kit.
More updates to follow.
Very slow progress just trying to decide whether to drill out the holes before or after initial painting and also looking at options on a couple of additions.
Firstly a mod for the inner butt frame by adding a bolt and a spring to replicate the hammer spring. I have a bolt in but waiting for a longer one to see if i can put tension on the hammer.
Secondly the rear receiver assembly was supplied with an M3 cap head bolt but the reference pictures I have show a button head bolt so I tried both to see which I prefer and I think I will go with the button head hex bolt but I am trying to get one with a larger head. What do you think? I also got some empty 44 S&W shells and I am looking at sorting some bullet tips.

As suggested by wayouteast I have added a bolt on the inner but frame to replicate the hammer spring. It sort of is functional but should look nice when everything is put together.

Attachments

• 20210508_013400.jpg
    20210508_013400.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 173
  • 20210508_013511.jpg
    20210508_013511.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 20210508_013826.jpg
    20210508_013826.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 130
  • 20210508_013943.jpg
    20210508_013943.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 149
  • 20210504_113038.jpg
    20210504_113038.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20210508-125611.png
    Screenshot_20210508-125611.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 143
  • inCollage_20210508_193636831.jpg
    inCollage_20210508_193636831.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 155
  • 9 receiver bolt function test.mp4
    47.3 MB
  • 20210513_191438.mp4
    41.7 MB
Last edited:
Very slow progress just trying to decide whether to drill out the holes before or after initial painting and also looking at options on a couple of additions.
Firstly a mod for the inner butt frame by adding a bolt and a spring to replicate the hammer spring. I have a bolt in but waiting for a longer one to see if i can put tension on the hammer.
Secondly the rear receiver assembly was supplied with an M3 cap head bolt but the reference pictures I have show a button head bolt so I tried both to see which I prefer and I think I will go with the button head hex bolt but I am trying to get one with a larger head. What do you think? I also got some empty 44 S&W shells and I am looking at sorting some bullet tips.

Hello everyone.
I would like to share with you my build of a resin kit of the Bladerunner 2049 PKD blaster. This kit was purchased on etsy from TipTopWorkshop and is listed as the improved version of the Anders's kit.
More updates to follow.
Just wondering if anyone has thought of modifying the inner steyr in receiver to add a partial .222 cal round so that when you open the ejector port you see something other than the bulldog barrel and a void?

Attachments

• inCollage_20210508_080653125.jpg
    inCollage_20210508_080653125.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Another idea I'm looking at is adding, under steyr bolt, a cut section of a dummy round so when you open the ejection port you will see around of ammunition instead of a void and the top of the lower barrel.
So I got a couple o training rounds ( 5.56 45 ) and looked at how to add them and it looks like I could modify the bulldog barrel and either add a whole round or cut the round in half but I am really reluctant to modify the barrel

Attachments

• 15 5.56 round mod for ejector port.jpg
    15 5.56 round mod for ejector port.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 7 front bolt receiver test fit.jpg
    7 front bolt receiver test fit.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 112
  • 20210513_192003.jpg
    20210513_192003.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
  • 20210513_191859.jpg
    20210513_191859.jpg
    830.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

View attachment 1451782

I'm also looking to replicate the mainspring in the handle, as well as replacing the Weaver knob with the screen-accurate slotted screw.

Anyone know any good sources for either a printed replica of the mainspring rod or found parts to replicate it?

Using 2mm brass tubing to act as pins to test the alignment and fitting of the bolt holes for the major parts of the assembly. It's amazing how easy this kit fits together, a real testament to the quality of this kit.

Attachments

• 20210514_074626.jpg
    20210514_074626.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 118
  • 20210514_074143.jpg
    20210514_074143.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
  • 20210514_082305.jpg
    20210514_082305.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
I received the kit, yesterday. Amazing quality. I spent some time sanding all of the resin parts, and they’re a dream to work with. A coat of two of filler primer, and they shouldn’t need much work after that.

Gonna go get some supplies to start tapping the holes and whatnot.

How do you want to play this, B1RDY? I (as well as the others working on this kit) could start my own, separate build thread, so as to let this one properly focus on yours, or we can continue to trade notes and chart our individual progress in this one. Whatever you like.

I received the kit, yesterday. Amazing quality. I spent some time sanding all of the resin parts, and they’re a dream to work with. A coat of two of filler primer, and they shouldn’t need much work after that.

Gonna go get some supplies to start tapping the holes and whatnot.

How do you want to play this, B1RDY? I (as well as the others working on this kit) could start my own, separate build thread, so as to let this one properly focus on yours, or we can continue to trade notes and chart our individual progress in this one. Whatever you like.
Happy either way buddy. Happy to share post.
You guys will probably be quicker with your builds anyway as I am slow and inexperienced and could do with picking up tips from you guys.

Last edited:
Okay, then!

Spent this afternoon tapping all the screw holes. There only seems to be one which I’ll need to fill with JB Weld and then re-tap.

Pictured is my rough mock-up (minus the bolt assembly and clip/LEDs). This kit really does go together smooth as silk. I need to adjust the fit in places (the cylinder has trouble popping in and out, due to either tolerances or slight misalignment), but I’m impressed.

Also, I think the cylinder release switch in my kit came broken. The little loop at the rear of the part (which retains the screw) seems to be missing.

0CD1102C-B7F7-4D9A-B20D-7F2836076AD1.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back