My Pepakura base bio

purgedsoul

Hi,

Want to thank the lair for all the help I was able to get in making my very first predator bio. The base is from a pepakura model, strengthen with resin and 'rondo'. Sculpting over body filler to add details, with bits and pieces coming from a large brush handle, cardboard, ballpoint pen, cable tie (zip tie), wire, syringe needle cover thingy, projector acetate, stainless wire mesh, and a braided rubber hose.

dsc9628.th.jpg

dsc9603.th.jpg

dsc9604w.th.jpg.png

dsc9624.th.jpg

dsc9626.th.jpg

dsc9637.th.jpg

dsc9633.th.jpg

dsc9631o.th.jpg

dsc9636.th.jpg

dsc9635k.th.jpg

Wow! That was made from pepakura? That is a job well done my friend,much better than my first attempt at a pepakura bio...mine was a complete abomination LOL!

Thanks everyone!

It actually took me 3 times to arrive at the right scale. The first one, the original scale was too small, the second just right but when rondo was added it somehow shrunk. Well, third time's the charm.

This is how it looked before countless hours of sanding and smoothing, beside it is the second attempt.

dsc9574c.th.jpg

earlier stages

file0001o.th.jpg.png

file0017m.th.jpg.png

Really impressed how this turned out. Looks as though it was cast rather than Pepakura.
My attempt was also a bit small and as I was only faffing about I never made a larger version. Well done for persevering as the finished Bio looks great.

That's very impressive. I'm going to be starting a pep bio fairly soon myself and I'm excited about the potential pep has. Was your pep file made by spartan? If so, I'll probably have to resize too. How did you do it?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back