My Pep builds/MMPR and Kamen Rider!

Re: My first Pep build/MMPR

And on another note, the yellow ranger was also a girl;)

Only on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. In the original Sentai series, the character was male...named Boi too!

Next time you watch MMPR, note the lack of a skirt on the Yellow Ranger. She was really a he. :love

-Nick

Only on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. In the original Sentai series, the character was male...named Boi too!

Next time you watch MMPR, note the lack of a skirt on the Yellow Ranger. She was really a he. :love

-Nick

Do what? I remember back when I was like 5 that the yellow ranger was an Asian chick? I didn't watch anything before or after the "dinosaur" series.

mmpr-rg-trini.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

That's what I'm talking about, but the American show is based on and uses footage from a series of Japanese shows going under the name "Sentai." In the Japanese show that the American show got its footage from, the yellow ranger was male. The American producers decided to make the character inside the costume female in order t have a more balanced cast.

This is why the yellow ranger didn't have a skirt like the pink ranger did, because the footage they used intended the yellow ranger to be a boy named Boi.

-Nick

Re: My first Pep builds!/MMPR and Kamen Rider!

YEAH, Yellow Ranger totally is a dude...Unless she's a girl.

I tried spray painting with high gloss, my masking skills suck and I left it runny in places.
12586-dsc05109.jpg

Last edited:

Is this the design from the original series for the pink? I only ever watched the first and have seen countless newer series with thousands of different helmets, can't remember what the pinks design was.

Crabra commander - the helmet you are making is actually the pink ranger helmet, so the yellow should be pink.

The yellow ranger character was a female named Trini but the ranger stunt double may have been a small, thin male. The yellow ranger was never a male role in the original MMPR.

Last edited:

He knows it is the pink ranger helmet, but painted it yellow so his son could wear it too.

And the original show was shown in Japan before it was MMPR, in which the yellow ranger was a male.

This thread has more discussion about the Yellow Ranger's sexuality than how I am doing:lol

The build is "complete" until I can paint without dripping and figure out how to screw this visor in.

I will probably combine this post with my Kamen Rider helmet build. It looks jacked up, hopefully my wife can fit it on my head so I can slap resin all over it:rolleyes

So I just finished the Kamen Rider pep but it feels like it is too small! :(
It won't wrap all the way around my head. the front looks fine but the rest appears to small. I'll post pics later to see if anyone has any ideas on whether I can fix it.

So I just finished the Kamen Rider pep but it feels like it is too small! :(
It won't wrap all the way around my head. the front looks fine but the rest appears to small. I'll post pics later to see if anyone has any ideas on whether I can fix it.
that happens to me sometimes if i use the standard size i used on other helmets on a new project. well, you will be faster on the next try xD

I welcome any comments or concerns! I learned that printing in landscape makes your helmet bigger yesterday! :facepalm

Today I covered it in resin and then bondoed it...the resin destroyed my brush...and the bondo destroyed my brain cells...
12890-kamen-rider.jpg

Crabra Commander - Hope this helps but Bondo isn't applied best when using a brush because it puts hair patterns and pulls hair from the brush, putting it in the bondo. Brushs are better used when fiberglassing. There is a plasitc wedged shape piece that you can buy in the same section of the bondo. It has a flat thin side which can be used to spread the bondo on and make it smoother for less sanding.

Also it's best not to use a bunch of bondo and "cake it on" because this will case more air bubbles and excessive bondo for sanding. Mix the bondo with the required amount of hardner to give you enough time to apply a thin layer (it's does dry quickier the more hardner used but becareful not to use to little or it may not dry) in the dips of the helmet before it hardens. Once you put on the layer, try not to play with it to much, trying to get the smooth shape ( I know that's my hardest part not to do) because it will trap more air bubbles under the layers. Press firm when applying the layer and putting multiple thin layers of bondo on after drying is better then putting globs of bondo on. In most pep files you don't have make the bondo cover the high, pointed "mountain" folds. You want the bondo to meet those areas and when you sand, it will sand down the mountain areas to a smoother finish. You want to use a heavy grit sand paper for the shaping then use a lighter/smoother sandpaper for finishing/smoothing. Primer spray paint usually helps when you are in the smoothing stage.

Not sure if that helps? It's all about trial and error. It also helps if you fiberglass mat the inside so when you sand down the high parts it doesn't make a big whole.

Thanks Blackkaos,

Trial and error for sure! I'll probably have to sand this down majorly! I'll be gone for a week, hopefully I can get the right tools for the job when I get back.

I bought fiberglass cloth and I'm about to post up some pics of the Kamen Rider Helmet after I've laid that inside it. I used some resin from Home Depot but it just doesn't feel strong enough.
I trashed the other helmet I had since it was too small.

Look I are building something too! Resin'd the outside
13444-dsc05183.jpg

And Fiberglass clothed the inside!
13443-dsc05182.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, I definitely feel the fiberglass hardening up the helmet, now I gotta bondo.

Any update on this ?

I am working on a Kuuga helmet I found online and the first one seemed too small, the second when I scaled it a bit, it seems like it could be bigger, but still not sure if it will slide over my head. I am thinking it will have to be made into two pieces, with hinges or something, trying to wrap my head around the logistics of that now.

Was curious to see how another Rider helmet maker was doing.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back